I'm using q10 with 10.3 from sachesi and app-ops to block android permissions.. two questions:

1) how can I see android apps running in background or any apps for that matter?

2) app-ops doesn't show all permissions and doesn't actually block some of the ones it displays as off... any other similar app that does this job?
    02-12-15 04:30 PM
    Device monitor/cpu will show anything running. You can also kill them

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 04:45 PM
    Thank you
    02-12-15 04:57 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread, in case Device Monitor closes them but these come back (i.e. Google Maps), use Ghost Commander. There's a ported version on BlackBerry World which works great for managing Android apps. It let's you block annoying notifications from the apps as well.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    02-12-15 05:10 PM
    As I mentioned in another thread, in case Device Monitor closes them but these come back (i.e. Google Maps), use Ghost Commander. There's a ported version on BlackBerry World which works great for managing Android apps. It let's you block annoying notifications from the apps as well.

Thanks but the one I found named Ghost Commander is a file manager. Can you send me the link for the permission manager?
    02-20-15 03:48 AM
    Thanks but the one I found named Ghost Commander is a file manager. Can you send me the link for the permission manager?
    Ghost Commander does not manage permissions, I'm sorry if my answer was misunderstood. As far as I know, and unless something is now available on 10.3.1, there is no way to manage the permissions on Android apps as you would with native ones.

As you mention, Ghost Commander is a File Manager, but if you open on the Home Screen (attaching picture) and select "Applications", you can "stop" roguish Android apps which reopen after being closed with the native Device Monitor. It also allows you to block notifications on the Hub from Android apps (i.e. Latest Google Maps keeps sending a notification to the Hub asking for Play Services).
    android apps permissions and running in background-img_20150220_145300.png

Attachment 335304

AngryPerson likes this.
    02-20-15 03:57 PM
    Ghost Commander does not manage permissions, I'm sorry if my answer was misunderstood. As far as I know, and unless something is now available on 10.3.1, there is no way to manage the permissions on Android apps as you would with native ones.

As you mention, Ghost Commander is a File Manager, but if you open on the Home Screen (attaching picture) and select "Applications", you can "stop" roguish Android apps which reopen after being closed with the native Device Monitor. It also allows you to block notifications on the Hub from Android apps (i.e. Latest Google Maps keeps sending a notification to the Hub asking for Play Services).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150220_145300.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	335302

Attachment 335304

Thank you very much
    02-21-15 06:40 PM