Do Android APKs run headless in the background of BB10??

I was just listening to music in my VLC player and made a call on my phone. I dialled the call first and was going to pause my music when it paused itself.

I was really surprised and confused.. so once I was off the call I started playing around with it and Googling "how does my phone pause my music when im on a call" but there was nothing.

I then realized that I use 'Remote for VLC" a VLC remote APK to control my player sometimes. The app is NOT open but it does indeed pause my music playing the in playlist that the app last controlled whenever I make a call..

This is pretty neat..

Did we know Android APKs successfully run headless in BB10 OS??
    07-02-14 02:43 PM
    Don't think they always work right in the background, but I've found Android Apps that I've closed running via Device Manager.
    07-02-14 02:47 PM
    Do Android APKs run headless in the background of BB10??

I was just listening to music in my VLC player and made a call on my phone. I dialled the call first and was going to pause my music when it paused itself.

I was really surprised and confused.. so once I was off the call I started playing around with it and Googling "how does my phone pause my music when im on a call" but there was nothing.

I then realized that I use 'Remote for VLC" a VLC remote APK to control my player sometimes. The app is NOT open but it does indeed pause my music playing the in playlist that the app last controlled whenever I make a call..

This is pretty neat..

Did we know Android APKs successfully run headless in BB10 OS??
    I don't think its android related, the native music app pauses automatically when phone is in use as well, probably just a function of making call rather than individual apps.

That being said while I was on the 10.3.0.296 & .444 leak combo I was seeing my android pandora app continue to run after closing the app, required reboot to stop it most times. I think that was a result of the leak more than anything else though
    07-02-14 02:56 PM
    I don't think its android related, the native music app pauses automatically when phone is in use as well, probably just a function of making call rather than individual apps.

That being said while I was on the 10.3.0.296 & .444 leak combo I was seeing my android pandora app continue to run after closing the app, required reboot to stop it most times. I think that was a result of the leak more than anything else though

But in this case I am not talking about pausing music on my phone. I was playing music on my computer through VLC player and when I made a call on my Q10, the music on my computer paused.
    07-02-14 03:20 PM