Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew whether the apps on the Amazon app store are identical to the apps on Google playstore.

I noticed that the two apps I downloaded from the Amazon app store today seemed to be older versions of the ones you can download from Google playstore.

I downloaded the apk for the two apps from outside sources instead and t found out that they were up-to-date versions. (compared to Google playstore)
    Does anyone know whether Amazon updates their apps? If not I would rather download the apk from other sources because I find it to be more up-to-date and runs quicker.
    Thank you for all your input in advance!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:54 AM
    In my experience, the Google Play Store tends to get updates a little sooner than Amazon does, and usually supports 'Free' gift apps beyond the initial install.

An example, a friend of mine installed SwiftKey as an Amazon App of the Day. Months later, in a BBM group convo, we are talking about all the new features the app has recently added, and he's baffled, as they aren't available to him.

I worked with him to resolve the problem, because while he had the app, it had received 7 updates he was totally unaware of. This issue was resolved by downloading the app from the Play Store.
    12-14-14 11:21 AM
    The problem is, with Google play, or snap in my case, you have to buy the app first. The other problem is that some apps in Google play require Google services, and the amazon version doesn't, therefore, they actually will work on our devices.

I have both snap and the amazon app store on my phone, but if amazon would update more frequently, I would dump snap in a New York minute.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:29 AM
    Where are you guys download Snap??

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:34 PM
    12-19-14 03:48 PM
    Curious....if I an app from amazon and an update is available through play store(SNAP) first, can it be done

My question is aimed at apps that require gps.

I would try but I do not want to mess up my apps lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:00 PM