Hi all

Hopefully this question has not been asked and answered somewhere else (I have checked honest).

I really want to come back to Blackberry from Android but I need to be able to run the Air New Zealand mobile app. BB10 has everything else covered but its just this one app that made me move back to Android. I travel quite a bit on Air NZ and their mobile app is excellent as it includes a 'mobile boarding pass' feature. No more printing out boarding passes as its all on your phone. The Android app is excellent but I'm not sure if I'd be able to run it via the Android runtime environment on a BB device with all the functionality intact. I wondered if anyone else is successfully running this or indeed any similar airline apps that include the mobile boarding pass feature.

If I can get this app working then I'd jump back to BB10 in a heart beat and get a Z30 tomorrow.

Thanks
    06-01-14 10:26 PM
    This app is readily available on "SNAP" APK Installer and should be no different from all the Android apps that are not reliant on Google Play.

Just downloaded it on my Z30 and it seems to be working fine. Good luck.
    Dave Bellamy likes this.
    06-01-14 11:07 PM
    Well, I don't fly Air New Zealand, but I do like to help. The Android App works perfectly on my Z10 I just don't have the means to test it out. I don't have an account. The thing is I downloaded the app via Snap, which is a third party BB application that accesses Google Play Store and it cannot be installed from BBWorld app store. It needs to be sideloaded using a pc. So it would take quite a bit to get the app you need on to your phone. OR you can always get the APK from your (or a friend's) Android device and install it onto your BB10 phone. As for the mobile boarding pass, I'm pretty sure it uses a scan barcode that is displayed on the screen so as long as the BB10 phone you get has a screen... well you get my point I'm sure. Safe flying!
    Dave Bellamy likes this.
    06-01-14 11:11 PM