Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
10-04-14 11:28 PM
53 123
tools
    Anyone picked up their phones in South Africa??

Kindly share experiences or pictures.Especially with the type of data bundles from carriers and more.

Thanks
    R Field likes this.
    02-20-13 11:52 PM
    available on which carrier, all i see are coming soon ads, i only just pre-ordered mine on telkom (8TA) and they saying early march,......
    Anyone picked up their phones in South Africa??

Kindly share experiences or pictures.Especially with the type of data bundles from carriers and more.

Thanks
    02-21-13 12:32 AM
    I tried this morning, and even though Vodacom had their launch last night, the shops said they will only have stock in March. I am frothing at the mouth - I am ready to get rid of my 9800! I just hope they have the white version in stock from the beginning...

For prices check these posts:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellul...-revealed.html
    http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellul...-revealed.html
    fredrismos likes this.
    02-21-13 01:30 AM
    I'm rocking mine in South Africa, but imported it from the UK. Working great. Just need to decide on a data bundle and whether to go with a once off or monthly one. Seeing what usage is like for a few days and then gonna decide.
    02-21-13 02:19 AM
    I'm rocking mine in South Africa, but imported it from the UK. Working great. Just need to decide on a data bundle and whether to go with a once off or monthly one. Seeing what usage is like for a few days and then gonna decide.
    thats awesome.What carrier are you with and how has it been so far?
    02-21-13 02:36 AM
    YES!!!!!!
    I went to Vodaworld first thing this morning ....... and I am LOVING IT
    It was simple to setup, very quick and responsive, Im learning more tricks the more I play, its amazing, and if you've got a playbook the gestures will come naturally, because like playbook gestures they are very intuitive and the natural way you'd want to swipe if you hadnt had to teach your brain otherwise. New touch keyboard is fantastic, this is my first full touch device, so by the end of tomorrow Im sure Ill be a pro.
    So far so good, I am a very happy little crackberry addict. Even without LTE (networks/sp are useless) the browser was still super quick, everything is, I really dont see this phone letting you down.
    At Vodacom the packages you can get it on are very limited, I think they actually launched the devices earlier then they had intended to. If you are prepared to wait, they are releasing new packages around the 6th of March. I was not willing to wait.... and I dont regret it the tiniest bit
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 02-21-13 at 06:44 PM.
    02-21-13 06:32 PM
    I tried this morning, and even though Vodacom had their launch last night, the shops said they will only have stock in March. I am frothing at the mouth - I am ready to get rid of my 9800! I just hope they have the white version in stock from the beginning...

For prices check these posts:
    BlackBerry Z10 contract prices revealed
    BlackBerry Z10 MTN prices revealed
    Same with MTN. Although they've announced to the press it's available in stores today, no-one - and I mean no-one - at MTN seems to know anything about that. I spent half an hour on the phone with them today and yesterday to find out about the launch and they can only tell me March. Even the stores by me don't know anything of a launch today.

How disappointing.
    02-22-13 02:26 AM
    Cellucity has mailed me to let me know that I cna get my pre-order probably by the weekend. Stock was sent from JHB on wed so I am really hoping i can collect today. Interesting thing is that they already have the covers and batteries on the shelf so thats really great.
    Contracts seem limited but I am taking the R399 option for the fone purchase and then adding data to my current contract to use it. They have the micro sim in stock as well.
    Can you tell i am hyper keen to get my hands on this device??
    02-22-13 03:25 AM
    Cellucity has mailed me to let me know that I cna get my pre-order probably by the weekend. Stock was sent from JHB on wed so I am really hoping i can collect today. Interesting thing is that they already have the covers and batteries on the shelf so thats really great.
    Contracts seem limited but I am taking the R399 option for the fone purchase and then adding data to my current contract to use it. They have the micro sim in stock as well.
    Can you tell i am hyper keen to get my hands on this device??
    I can confirm that Cellucity seems to be the way to go - they promised that I can pick mine up on Saturday!!!!
    02-22-13 04:21 AM
    Well you can get at VodaWorld but only contract. That R399 is the same as the one at Vodaworld. I think they released earlier then planned.
    The only place I know of that you can order a handset contract free is from Incredible Connection @ R6999 with a flip shell cover, those are available pre-order for the 1st of march. 8ta will release at the same time apparently.

Apparently the devices were meant to be available from MTN today, but I can tell you this much NO ONE at Vodacom knew ANYTHING, it was only after continuous phone calls and arguments and begging on my part and finally getting lucky and speaking to someone who found out exactly what was going on and let me know. Even at VodaWorld they knew nothing the guy working at the display in the entrance had no idea what BB Balance is, nor did he know about peeking under the lock screen without unlocking the device, he admitted to me that he had only been trained the day before for an hour, he was suprised to see I knew way more about the device then he did. I decided to talk a walk to the BB store, figured I would ask them about Balance, the joke of it all, they looked at me like I was speaking some kind of alien language, until eventually one them piped up and said 'yes thats where you have the 2 profiles, I only know about that because that other guy came in here earlier talking about it'. I was horrified, all completely clueless, our SP's are useless nothing much we do about it.

I am totally in ♥ with my Z10 though, couldnt be happier
    02-22-13 04:07 PM
    I'm on Vodacom but bought the phone outright. I highly recommend the more cost effective monthly 1gb bundle of R149. Other than that my contract is the not advertised widely 'Vodacom Messenger ' which is R35/month. No free calls but cheap sms. So all in all I'm paying only R45 more a month with the z10 without BIS... and it's totally worth it, Internet speed is way better. LTE is really fast.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 05:26 PM
    I'm on Vodacom but bought the phone outright. I highly recommend the more cost effective monthly 1gb bundle of R149. Other than that my contract is the not advertised widely 'Vodacom Messenger ' which is R35/month. No free calls but cheap sms. So all in all I'm paying only R45 more a month with the z10 without BIS... and it's totally worth it, Internet speed is way better. LTE is really fast.

Posted via CB10
    When/where did you get it from Vodacom contract free? Unless it was instore from Incredible Connection, who I saw released today? I got mine the day that nobody knew Vodacom released, so buying it outright wasnt an option and I wasnt prepared to wait.
    I just added a bigger data bundle onto that useless 75mb.
    Also the Z10's here at the moment arent running on LTE? They are running on HSDPA, which is still very quick. Vodacom, the only provider in RSA with LTE as far as I know, told me that the devices they have currently received are not LTE enabled, this is not because of BB but rather our networks. Their LTE is to ****ty too handle, hence all the iPhone issues (apart from the fact that it is an iPhone).
    Ive seen my device switch between H(HSDPA) and E(EDGE), is yours different to this? Would be really interested to know about this
    02-23-13 07:23 PM
    I got mine this Friday. I'm in maputo. My 9900 gets 3G signal on the same network as I'm using my Z10 but on the Z10 I get H. What's the difference between both?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:47 PM
    I brought mine in from the UK. Haven't seen an H+ icon on it yet only 4G which is LTE apparently.
    02-23-13 11:58 PM
    Mine has H only. Is it equivalent to 3G or 2G?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:41 AM
    H is HSPA which is 3.5G and pretty common world wide on GSM
    LTE is 4G, different beast altogether, started in US and start appearing in europe

Posted via CB10
    7thedon7 likes this.
    02-24-13 12:44 AM
    Waiting for a call to say my local dealer has stock. Will be going with MTN Anytime 500 - 300 mb data. Will run off wi-fi at home

Can't wait
    02-24-13 05:27 AM
    What model Z10's are you guys getting in South Africa?
    02-24-13 05:35 AM
    I brought mine in from the UK. Haven't seen an H+ icon on it yet only 4G which is LTE apparently.
    Well thats why then, the UK has the infrastructure to support the LTE, we dont here. Vodacom said hopefully when the network improves they will rollout an update like they did for the iPhone5.

What model Z10's are you guys getting in South Africa?
    Mine is a Black Z10
    Model No: STL100-1
    Software Release: 10.0.9.348
    OS Version: 10.0.9.2372
    Build ID: 415323
    Radio Version: 10.0.9.2373
    Vector-SS likes this.
    02-24-13 07:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    You purchased the Z10 from the UK and LTE works outright from your local carrier?
    02-24-13 09:13 AM
    Got mine at Vodaworld (Vodacom's flagship store in Midrand on Thursday. White model that supports up to 3.5G which is plenty fast enough for my data needs as I have a home wi-fi for large downloads.

Other Vodacom stores and other retailers including Cellucity should have stock this week sometime.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:59 AM
    One further comment, LTE models expected mid-March with Q10 per both BlackBerry and Vodaworld sales staff on site.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 12:03 PM
    Also bought mine from O2 Uk...totally love the experience, shame on Vodacom for not selling the LTE enabled device. They probably know that as soon as they roll out LTE to all the major cities the folk won't mind buying a new LTE enabled device, even more money for them
    02-24-13 01:10 PM
    Also bought mine from O2 Uk...totally love the experience, shame on Vodacom for not selling the LTE enabled device. They probably know that as soon as they roll out LTE to all the major cities the folk won't mind buying a new LTE enabled device, even more money for them
    Sounds exactly like the current situation in the Middle East, a real shame.
    02-24-13 01:28 PM
    Here is hoping stock arrives at my cellucity branch tomorrow. Then I too will, be in Z10 heaven.
    02-24-13 03:02 PM
53 123