Hey guys

So my Z30 has pretty good battery life however I was wanting even more juice out of it, so I was searching for a power bank at first and them came across this on eBay, a case & a battery pack in one.

These are very popular with the iPhone and some android devices.

I have been using this for a couple of hours so take this "review" with a grain of salt, but I am usually a type of person that loves gadgets anyways haha

Upon unboxing this bad boy, this has some weight to it, not much but some heft that you know it is solid.

It adds quite a bit of bulk to the thin Z30 however in my opinion it is outweighed by the fact it is also a case itself.

Battery wise? I haven't tested it out yet and I will post an update soon to see if it really is 3200mAh.
    Case wise? it doesn't add that much protection to the device but it will definitely protect it from minor bumps, maybe small falls but I would use a defender for superior protection if you need it. I would still use a good screen protector though
    The nub at the side is not that annoying actually, I have small hands and it doesn't bother me at all
    It also doubles as a kickstand which is a plus if you want to watch some movies or videos on the airplane (me)

For the price it is a good value and it will probably be my daily case.

Pictures attached as well

Thanks
    austriker likes this.
    04-25-14 11:36 PM
    I'd love to see a battery guru of it from 200% down.

Keep the insights coming

Z30 Fido
    04-26-14 12:11 AM
    I may get one. Would be good for travel.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 11:01 PM
    Alright

So it's been quite a while since I've gotten the battery case

Couple of things I've noticed
    1. It doesn't "snap" on too tight anymore after using it for awhile, the phone won't come out if you shake it upside down, which is a good thing but it isn't as solid as I first got it

2. It has an auto shut off mechanism, where if it the case is too hot then it will stop charging. You have to wait until the unit cools down and the you can use the charger again

Overall it is a good case with good protection for the back but none for the front. The nub on the side isn't as annoying as I though it would be and I have small hands for a guy.

Posted via CB10
    bbdodgersdude and austriker like this.
    05-24-14 12:12 PM