04-23-10 07:22 PM
    What does this have to do with Blackberry?
    04-23-10 07:45 PM
    If u notice jnepsa its in the other smartphones section

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 11:33 AM
    Yeah, does window phone capable copy & paste?
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 04-24-10 at 09:30 PM.
    04-24-10 03:41 PM
    If u notice jnepsa its in the other smartphones section

lol it wasnt when i posted that was in blackberry lol sorry for the confusion Mod must have moved it
    04-24-10 08:06 PM
    Looks nice... can't wait for it. More competitions, means better phones for all.
    04-24-10 09:02 PM
    I'm pretty convinced that WP7 will the the platform of choice for my next phone. (Sorry BB)
    04-24-10 09:05 PM
    I'm pretty convinced that WP7 will the the platform of choice for my next phone. (Sorry BB)
    Haha... the office clips did it for ya?
    04-24-10 09:41 PM
    now if it can do that as lag free as it did there i'd be a happy camper. my problem with winmo has always been all the lag(well and horrid battery life, but i hadn't used a BB at that point)
    04-25-10 08:20 AM
    Nice! With the iPhone adding features and Winmo 7 looking promising, RIM will have some real competition in the work phone arena! we'll end up with better phones in the long run.
    04-25-10 10:23 PM
    WM7 is the platform that seems to be the most promising to me. I can't wai until Sprint has this platform on one of its devices. I have a feeling that it will be everything and more that its hyped up to be. They are supposed to release WM7 devices at the end of the year, right around the time of my upgrade. If they can beat the newest BlackBerry device that is released at that time, I may have to get one.

04-28-10 07:47 PM
    I've heard a W & Verizon cell phone auto exposure to achieve by the end of September or early October. Verizon, rely on the robot carry the day, but they have not for business e-mail. Verizon is the company behind the BlackBerry technology in transportation choice (transport technology has been the slider), I can not believe that they will desert the business market.
    11-09-10 12:00 PM
    I can't put my Samsung focus down. Even with barely any apps its that good
    11-12-10 12:56 AM
    I can't put my Samsung focus down. Even with barely any apps its that good
    agreed ! got it on launch day and still am in LOVE with it.
    11-12-10 10:44 AM
    agreed ! got it on launch day and still am in LOVE with it.
    Most of the apps are crap but its still a great os.
    11-12-10 08:48 PM
    WM7 maybe have different design than before as for to beat iOS and Android.
    02-20-11 01:36 AM

Someone please comment on the web experience. After all isn't that why we're leaving BB?

02-20-11 06:15 AM
    IF OS 6.1 or QNX+TAT do not deliver on a BlackBerry, I shall head to WP7 for my next phone.

Like Duvi says, more competition can only give consumers more choice.
    02-20-11 06:20 AM
    IF OS 6.1 or QNX+TAT do not deliver on a BlackBerry, I shall head to WP7 for my next phone.

Like Duvi says, more competition can only give consumers more choice.
    Unexpected words from you Pete. I would be interested to know what you find interesting in WP7 and what you feel is needed in 6.1 to keep you using a BB?
    02-20-11 06:31 PM
    Unexpected words from you Pete. I would be interested to know what you find interesting in WP7 and what you feel is needed in 6.1 to keep you using a BB?
    I am a big Microsoft and Windows fan. I just plain like their stuff.

Whilst I like BlackBerry a lot and I know the OS pretty well, there are some things that annoy me and always have.

I feel that push email should have an on/off switch under BIS from the phone.

Native apps should be skinnable to theme colors, wallpaper and fonts

There are any number of small customization features that on a BlackBerry, ya just can't set. Options under OS6 is a good example. It now only has category view which, I hate. I want the good old alphabetical listing back. It ain't there.

Personally I have no use for BBM, Task and Voice Dialing but if I remove these, I lose a load of other options. This is just sloppy programming to lose Phone, Options when Voice Dialing is removed, imo.

My "niggle" list goes on and on. It is all little things, nothing big but together they make me want to at least try something new and different. It is entirely possible that I will not like the new toy and will return to the familiar but, this is the way my current thinking is running.

I am not throwing rocks at BlackBerry. Far from it. The BlackBerry is a fantastic platform.

I'd just like a change, I think. So, now ya know.
    02-20-11 06:46 PM
    I totally know where you are coming from, thanks for the perspective. I felt the same, it just timed perfectly with WP7 launch and made the jump. I fully expected to return it and pop my SIM back in my Bold but it just didn't happen.

I will say it's been refreshing and frustrating at the same time, as they say the grass is not always greener on the other side. I found for everything WP7 gave me it took something else back at the same time. It does give that seamless UI experience that I feel can't be beaten and maybe what you would like, it also carries into most app's but your customization is very lacking. If you feel BB lacks options, WP7 has a bedrock built on a lack of options to maintain that UI. So it's a take it or leave it thing because it's all they want to give for now.

I will say thou, if you love Microsoft and use Office WP7 has quite an awesome mobile office application set included. There is Zune also, it's like having a Zune HD in your phone, coupled with the Zune pass it's a neat experience.

This was the best time to try it out for me as it came on the back of my distaste for the Torch and knowing QNX was 12-18mts at least in coming to market. Maybe after several BB's I was just ready for a change too.
    02-21-11 11:29 AM
    Sometimes a change is just what you need. There maybe noting wrong with your existing car, house, gf, wife, job, phone, whatever. Ya'll just need a change, that's all - this was certainly the case with my first wife, anyway .

There are other little niggles too.

Skype is avaialable for just about every other platform (and some BlackBerry carriers) but not all.

Turn by turn navigation is widely and freely available for other phones but , on a Blackberry it is hand in pocket time to get the same functionality. I don't include the free apps here (except Google who withohld the program to boost Android).

MS Office and PDF rreaders are usually supppliued on onther phones. Certainly this will be the case on WP7. Again, on a BlackBerry you have to buy the Premium edition of Documets To Go.

So the negative potential builds up. RIM could fix these shortcomings any time they want but, they consistently do not do so.

After a change of scenery, with WP7, I might yearn once more for a BlackBerry but, not for my first wife, oh no .
    02-21-11 11:44 AM
    i bought the samsung focus and love it. the UI is awesome and i agree, customization is lacking, but to me, i never really liked customizing my phone anyways.

the one part it is lacking, that really does bother me, is the apps! it's growing and i'm being as patient as possible, but how is pandora still not an app? pandora is on every platform iOS, BlackBerry, Android, WebOS and even windows mobile 6.x, but not wp7.

i don't really put music on any of my devices, so pandora comes in handy when i want to listen to music. i don't want to pay $15/mo for Zune Pass as it's not on the other platforms.
    03-15-11 01:09 AM
    I have always thought that since Slacker was made a release partner and Pandora was behind the 8 ball, it just decied to sit on the fence and wait. If I was them I would be waiting for multitasking support so their music still plays when you navigate away from the app.

MS Really failed by only alowing Zune that advantage to sell their Zune Pass, can't think of another reason since it can be done already. I have been a tad miffed at the upgrade progress as far, so hoping for whats missing is starting to look like a long wait. Heres hoping the Fins can kick start more development with a powerhouse coming on board next year but the app store is healty. It's half the size of RIM's app store already so its not all bad.
    03-15-11 07:14 PM
    i believe that's what i read somewhere... they were waiting for wp7 to be able to play in the background like Zune gets to do. the only thing i find very funny about pandora choosing to do that is the fact that they made it for iOS w/o multitasking support. i guess they saw $$$ and decided to jump on the bandwagon.
    03-16-11 03:13 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD