can anyone with the samsung focus email me the puffer fish picture thats preloaded on the device? i accidently deleted it email is [email protected] thanks
    11-18-10 08:56 PM
    LOL its all good man, may not be for you ... i just like having a phone that works and i don;t have to tinker with, but when i feel like tinkering i have my streak or n1 to play with dont worry man i still love android lol
    lol I'm not worried about anything. I didn't mean it to come off that way. I was just saying I know what I like and WP7 offers less than what I already have. Maybe in the future they will offer what I want, but since it is locked down, I doubt it.
    11-19-10 08:35 AM
    im flipping a coin whether to android it when the hack comes, decisions decisions
    Why don't you just get an Android device then? The Captivate has better hardware as well (unless the WP7 Samsung devices are using the Hummingbird processor as well, but I thought all used Snapdragon).
    11-19-10 08:37 AM
    Super amoled paired with the win7 ui = WIN! The screen looked amazing when I saw a focus in person today. Also played around with win7 for a bit and really liked what I saw. I'm anxious to see what handsets Verizon has to offer next year.
    11-19-10 01:59 PM
    Super amoled paired with the win7 ui = WIN! The screen looked amazing when I saw a focus in person today. Also played around with win7 for a bit and really liked what I saw. I'm anxious to see what handsets Verizon has to offer next year.
    I bought wp7 for developement (and possibly to replace my aging storm2) and I can say it's not a replacement for a mobile poweruser, definately not a replacement for blackberry. WP7 is very limited in almost everything it does

-no usb mass storage, you have to transfer your data "through the cloud" (have fun when you're roaming)

-silly stupid things that are missing, like camera settings not saving

-huge email contact synching problems, unless you have an exchange server you're SOL. it's amazing how an iphone can synch better with other microsoft applications compared to their own phone

-everything goes through zune. Wanna develop an app? install zune. wanna copy your movie to your phone? install zune. don't forget to convert your mp4s and wmvs to zune format first tho! or it won't play.

-won't synch email when it's idle

-most of the apps created are silverlight applications. very limited in functionality, they mostly "list" things and generally textbased with pictures thrown in. Good luck finding a super app

-no instant message app. get this phone say bye bye to yahoo, aim etc.

-no multitasking (explains lack of IM apps)

-and a whole bunch of other annoyances

On the other hand it does a few things quite well. I like the facebook app, it's the best i've seen on any phone, games are excellent as well. Its a great phone if you want a phone with facebook and gaming but for productivity look elsewhere. This is not it.
    11-19-10 02:43 PM
    I bought wp7 for developement (and possibly to replace my aging storm2) and I can say it's not a replacement for a mobile poweruser, definately not a replacement for blackberry. WP7 is very limited in almost everything it does

-no usb mass storage, you have to transfer your data "through the cloud" (have fun when you're roaming)

-silly stupid things that are missing, like camera settings not saving

-huge email contact synching problems, unless you have an exchange server you're SOL. it's amazing how an iphone can synch better with other microsoft applications compared to their own phone

-everything goes through zune. Wanna develop an app? install zune. wanna copy your movie to your phone? install zune. don't forget to convert your mp4s and wmvs to zune format first tho! or it won't play.

-most of the apps created are silverlight applications. very limited in functionality, they mostly "list" things and generally textbased with pictures thrown in. Good luck finding a super app

-no multitasking (explains lack of IM apps)

-and a whole bunch of other annoyances

On the other hand it does a few things quite well. I like the facebook app, it's the best i've seen on any phone, games are excellent as well. Its a great phone if you want a phone with facebook and gaming but for productivity look elsewhere. This is not it.
    I didn't have a lot of time with it, maybe less than 5 minutes. Initial impression is good. It's definitely lightyears ahead of winmo 6.5 in terms of look and feel. I hope Microsoft is quick with the updates to improve the OS.
    11-19-10 03:18 PM

I was at an AT&T store this evening to exchange my Torch the second time and got to play with the Focus for sometime. I experienced some of the things first-hand. No GTalk/drag-n-drop mp3 is a big deal for me. The phone (hardware) feels solid though - much better feeling compared to holding Torch. But there are things which the BB offers which makes me stick with them.

I just want a good phone (which can make calls) with e-mail and IM capabilities. I don't want to be stuck with a sub-par (wiggle/wobble/buttons coming off) phone especially when I switched to AT&T to get the Torch. Hopefully, it will be third time lucky for me.

Don't want to get boxed in the Iphone world. Is Android a good alternative?
    11-29-10 08:37 PM
    Don't want to get boxed in the Iphone world. Is Android a good alternative?
    Yes give it a try. The Captivate is a great device. It is part of the Galaxy S line which is very successful. That is the best Android device on AT&T. Give it a try and see if Android is for you.
    11-30-10 03:25 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD