Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a LG Quantum on AT&T. I'm liking the new batch of BB's rumored to be coming, but I'm thinking I'd really like something with a large screen and a landscape slider, so I'm keeping my options open for now. I'm mostly curious about how the keyboard feels, especially compared to BB's.

TIA ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 07:17 PM
    I have the quantum and the 9780, I can tolerate the quantum keyboard, but its nothing like a bb. The landscape thing can be annoying in certain screens, where the phone stayes in portrait, but you use the full keyboard. The phone is smooth, but a little to simple imho. I'd go 9780-Inspire-Iphone- Quantum
    02-23-11 05:52 PM
    I'd go 9780-Inspire-Iphone- Quantum
    Be very cautious with Samsung. They are TERRIBLE when it comes to device updates. Their top of the line Galaxy S line is just getting Android 2.2 now and it was released a year ago (the OS). Every other high end Android device is already on Froyo (2.2) and has been (for the majority).
    02-25-11 02:10 PM
    Be very cautious with Samsung. They are TERRIBLE when it comes to device updates. Their top of the line Galaxy S line is just getting Android 2.2 now and it was released a year ago (the OS). Every other high end Android device is already on Froyo (2.2) and has been (for the majority).
    Thanks for your input but those choices are Blackberry, HTC, Apple and LG. Oh and just to add WP is updated by MS and not the device manufacturer, so while you have a point, it's somewhat pointless here.
    02-25-11 03:21 PM
    Thanks for your input but those choices are Blackberry, HTC, Apple and LG. Oh and just to add WP is updated by MS and not the device manufacturer, so while you have a point, it's somewhat pointless here.
    I know how MS deals with the updates. I just read the post wrong. I confused the HTC Inspire for the Samsung Infuse. And even so, that is not a WP7 device, it is Android.
    02-25-11 08:37 PM
    I currently use an LG Quantum on AT&T....and I have to say, of the 3 WP7 devices on AT&T, it's the best, especially if trading up from a blackberry (because of the keyboard). I really like the Metro UI that MS is using: it's VERY smooth and vibrant. And guess what? No "hourglass of death" worries....the OS is very quick to boot, restart, and even battery pull.
    Now, the negatives: Even with the new NoDo update copy/paste sucks compared to BB. Also, you will DEFINITELY miss the user customization you've grown accustomed to: i.e. ringtones & themes. Other major minuses: no mms(video) and no BBM.
    And for the record, I dropped my Torch like a bad habit for the new WP7 because I got tired of the inept hardware and lag issues. However, having said that, I have recently given my Quantum to a family member because I missed my BB Torch.... outdated faults and all. So if you're thinking of jumping to WP7, I'd try waiting until at least the Mango update comes out to see if there's any customization given to the owner.
    04-29-11 01:27 PM
    of all the sliders, i think the Quantum has the best keyboard i have ever used. once again, "of all the sliders". my nephew has the Quantum and although i dislike physical kbs, the Q wasn't bad at all... in fact, aside from the position of the shift key, it was pretty easy to use.
    05-03-11 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD