Intervention time perhaps.

Had the Bold 9900 for two months and it's been so mixed. Had the endless loop bug a few times, resulting in a complete wipe and reload of an OS. I'm sick and tired of the hour glass creeping up all the time, especially in Appworld. I think the only thing keeping me on it is the qwerty keyboard, which is great obviously. A decent battery is also important, and the 9900 is getting me through a 10-12 hour day. Fairly pleased with that.

I'm finding myself looking at Windows 7.5 and really liking it. Tried a couple out, the HTC Radar & Titan, very smooth operation and not an hour glass in sight. They seem to have a lot of good apps too. Whether the battery will be typical HTC remains to be seen.

Of course I might live to regret this because I switched to a HD Desire (switching from a 9700) and regretted that because of the shocking battery life and the fact that I didn't like Android very much.

What's a guy to do? Anyone got a windows phone that they'd recommend?
    10-26-11 11:20 AM
    you can get the focus of you want a new phone desperately IF NOT, wait for the samsung focus S coming on at&t soon, very soon
    If you stay in the UK, wait for the Nokia lumia 800
    10-26-11 03:30 PM
    I'm in the same boat, except that those new Windows phones aren't available here yet. The store did have a Radar. I too like Windows, and have tried Android phones and dislike it greatly. Keep us informed!
    10-26-11 03:50 PM
    I am one of many who thought that the 9900 was good enough. I made the switch to it from the HTC Sensation and was thrilled. That lasted for three weeks. I have now switched back to the Sensation and have a Galaxy S II on the way. Too many things just don't work on the BlackBerry.

I miss it but I'm not going back again for a long while. Windows Phone is really the best choice. I am waiting until there is new hardware available for WP before giving it another shot.
    10-27-11 01:28 AM
    "Windows Phone is really the best choice. I am waiting until there is new hardware available for WP before giving it another shot."

I, too, am awaiting the latest WP hardware - the Nokia offerings look interesting, however, no word on whether/when VZW will carry anything - they only have one phone right now. I am also kind of torn about the Galaxy Nexus - the ICS 4.0 OS looks tantalizing....
    10-27-11 06:45 AM
    i was toggling back and forth between my torch 9800 and samsung focus. Smashed my focus =( and was left with my torch. I couldn't last a week and bought a replacement WP7 dell venue pro. a little old but i really missed the OS and was always upset without a physical keyboard. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new phones. Even pick up a used focus or whatever and just see if you like it. GL
    10-28-11 12:57 AM
    Been using a HTC Radar for a day (still have my Blackberry) and it is rather excellent (Titan is too big). Much better than Android 2.2 that I used on a Desire HD. Windows Marketplace is bursting with apps: you wouldn't think Android's appstore was that much better. Truly surprised by the quality and quantity of apps Windows has.

Only problem seems to be getting reliable notifications from Twitter/Facebook, and of course the email isn't instant. No physical keyboard but virtual keyboard is good and accurate. Another silly gripe is that you can only put the phone on silent if you turn vibrate off all together. Very amateur mistake.

The voice feature for texting is very good and accurate. 9 times out of 10 it will get your message right.

Battery life is OK. Uses about 20% in two hours of very heavy use. What blows me away is how good a phone with a 1ghz processor runs Windows. You could have told me it was a dual-core and I'd have believed it.

Good experience all round. Windows OS is definitely going places.
    dkflipse likes this.
    10-28-11 01:16 PM
    Been using a HTC Radar for a day (still have my Blackberry) and it is rather excellent (Titan is too big). Much better than Android 2.2 that I used on a Desire HD. Windows Marketplace is bursting with apps: you wouldn't think Android's appstore was that much better. Truly surprised by the quality and quantity of apps Windows has.

Only problem seems to be getting reliable notifications from Twitter/Facebook, and of course the email isn't instant. No physical keyboard but virtual keyboard is good and accurate. Another silly gripe is that you can only put the phone on silent if you turn vibrate off all together. Very amateur mistake.

The voice feature for texting is very good and accurate. 9 times out of 10 it will get your message right.

Battery life is OK. Uses about 20% in two hours of very heavy use. What blows me away is how good a phone with a 1ghz processor runs Windows. You could have told me it was a dual-core and I'd have believed it.

good feedback. Keep it coming. MS Outlook integration? GPS? Etc?
    11-02-11 11:34 AM
    Windows phone syncs through your windows live account. I personally have my outlook also synced so it appears as if Outlook is synced. Anything I do on outlook in the calendar or email is pretty quickly reflected on my phone and vice versa. GPS has been really good for me. Big arrows, it talks to you if you want it to. The marketplace has everything I could want. I found that I don't even really use the facebook or twitter or linkedin apps anymore as I usually just look through the people hub. If I do want a few more features in either I'll use seesmic.

I play music on my phone all day and have 1 out of 4 emails pushed and the rest update hourly. I get through the day with about 20-30% of battery left. I have almost all my tiles backround update as well so I can't complain about the battery.
    11-02-11 12:36 PM
    Windows phone syncs through your windows live account. I personally have my outlook also synced so it appears as if Outlook is synced. Anything I do on outlook in the calendar or email is pretty quickly reflected on my phone and vice versa. GPS has been really good for me. Big arrows, it talks to you if you want it to. The marketplace has everything I could want. I found that I don't even really use the facebook or twitter or linkedin apps anymore as I usually just look through the people hub. If I do want a few more features in either I'll use seesmic.

I play music on my phone all day and have 1 out of 4 emails pushed and the rest update hourly. I get through the day with about 20-30% of battery left. I have almost all my tiles backround update as well so I can't complain about the battery.

Have you found a way to get sound alerts for mentions in the people hub?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 03:24 AM
    Have you found a way to get sound alerts for mentions in the people hub?

I have not. I just tagged myself on my friends FB and didn't get a noise. it just showed up in the people hub. If i find out if it's possible I'll let you know.
    11-03-11 12:31 PM
    I have not. I just tagged myself on my friends FB and didn't get a noise. it just showed up in the people hub. If i find out if it's possible I'll let you know.

Someone has told me it's not possible, which seems silly.

11-03-11 01:34 PM
    I agree on the notifications and profiles front, its a big step back from what can be done on a Blackberry. I'm hoping MS picks up that ball for a future update as it's down to the last thing I miss about my Blackberry, well except for the awesome keyboard but thats a hardware problem I expect Nokia to correct next year.
    Last edited by techjunkieforlife; 11-04-11 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo
    11-04-11 11:18 AM
    "Windows Phone is really the best choice. I am waiting until there is new hardware available for WP before giving it another shot."

I, too, am awaiting the latest WP hardware - the Nokia offerings look interesting, however, no word on whether/when VZW will carry anything - they only have one phone right now. I am also kind of torn about the Galaxy Nexus - the ICS 4.0 OS looks tantalizing....
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. VZW Trophy is not going to cut it for me. So, the Nexus is very tempting....

Just wish VZW would get some other WP soon. Maybe Q1 2012 we will see something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 01:23 PM
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. VZW Trophy is not going to cut it for me. So, the Nexus is very tempting....

Just wish VZW would get some other WP soon. Maybe Q1 2012 we will see something.

I am not waiting. I am getting the GN - ICS is too tempting to pass up especially since I run my email and contacts through gmail. I am VERY disappointed in Verizon - not carrying any MS/Windows Phone options that are worth even looking at. I have emailed a contact of mine at their executive offices and they have no idea when something new will be carried. Such a shame...
    11-05-11 01:51 PM

go to email settings and change settings from pull email to push email
    and you would get a faster email delivery
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    11-08-11 12:47 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to jump to an HTC Titan. My first BB was a Bold 9000 then I jumped to an unlocked Storm 2, which I use now. I fully planned on getting a 9860 and use Bridge with my Playbook. After going to the ATT store yesterday, 3.7" is just too small. Now they didn't have the Titan in stock yet, but the 4.5" phone they did have felt good. I just hope I like the Titan. To be honest, the HTC HD7S they had was just gorgeous! However, too small and the processor was a bit aged. Same with their camera. I wish the Titan looked like a big HD7S. oh well, ill see it in person soon.

11-08-11 12:59 PM
    Your playbook fills the big screen need.
    11-08-11 01:08 PM
    I held my Storm 2 up to a 3.7" phone and it was barely even noticeable. I just need a bigger. I wish I didn't, cause I honestly love Blackberries and was anxious for OS7. I so wanted the autofocus 720p video, autofocus makes a huge difference. I was comparing video's from youtube on various phones and the Torch's video was easily up in the top, right with the iPhone 4/4S because of the autofocus. So sharp. Even better than my Playbook because of that. Sad to say, for me. Anything under 4.3" felt small to me. I have huge hands. :/

Ill def look back to BB when this contract is up. QNX+LTE and a big old slate device makes me drool.

11-08-11 01:16 PM
    WP7 seems to be a great option for BlackBerry users. The only thing is that there aren't a lot of choices on every carrier. And there are so many Android devices that are coming out that have better hardware. Unless you are intrigued with the platform or coming from a BlackBerry, I don't see a reason to go to WP7 right now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 05:35 PM
    I agree Windows 7 is pretty slick, but I think it will be a while yet before we see real good hardware on all the venders. Interested who's going to carry the Nokia phones.
    11-13-11 05:40 PM
    My next device is a Nokia Windows 8 phone.

I'd suggest to you to get the Lumia 800. Very nice Corning Gorilla glass, 1.4Ghz, great battery cuz windows os is so efficient, nice apps xbox games 0.99, nokia maps, zune player.

11-21-11 09:46 PM
    Been testing an HTC Radar for a few weeks. It's slick. Much more interesting than my wife's Iphone 4s. But I need to go back to BB. I just so much better for emailing and testing. If anybody wants to trade let me know.

PS - My wife just sent her an Iphone back in exchange for a 9900.
    11-23-11 09:45 PM
    My next device is a Nokia Windows 8 phone.

I'd suggest to you to get the Lumia 800. Very nice Corning Gorilla glass, 1.4Ghz, great battery cuz windows os is so efficient, nice apps xbox games 0.99, nokia maps, zune player.

Bought one last week (UK).
    It's a huge leap coming from a torch 9800.
    The OS is SO slick!!! extremely fluid and fast. Good apps.
    The GPS is stupidly quick to lock on even indoors.
    It's a different way of doing things, and takes a little getting used to.
    After using it since last Saturday (just under a week), I cannot fault it.

Blackberry just looks and feels clunky, and I can't see the BBX coming out and working properly for another 12 months to be honest.

I have been a strong advocate for blackberry for the past 3 years. Have a 8900, 9000, 9800, and a playbook..

Still using the 9800 on another number..

Thing is I wasn't after a new phone, I just saw the lumia in the shop and had a play and was literally blown away.
    I had to do an early upgrade (contract not up until next August).
    Phone should have been �400.. Early upgrade got it down to �272, and then they bought my old BOLD9000 off me for �110 (Get in!!!)..

Nice deal for �160

I have never bought a phone before I always had them on contract, but this is the pfirst phone I have used that I just needed to have and was prepared to pay for.
    12-09-11 03:59 AM
    I'm still not sure about the UI. Does it have a home button....... just kidding on the one.
    12-09-11 05:34 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD