I've had the phone for less than an hour and i'm excite and trying to take it all in. Its true what MS and a Tmobile rep said, what you knew about Windows Mobile OS ... forget about it. Window Phone 7 is nothing like it, its amazing how fast this phone/os response to request. seriously there is no delay other than a fraction of a sec screen transition. Today became my official last day as a Blackberry owner there is no way I can go back, the speed alone is enough to keep my using a windows phone device for a while. I'll be reporting back soon, i have a lot of configuring to do and moving contacts.
    11-08-10 09:19 AM
    Congrats!

So, anyway, look this!

I wanted to experiment with this and see if WP7 OS has buggy or glitchy, or the crappy battery life, whatever.. I will return it to TMO for refund, or exchange it for SAMTAB when it hits on tmobile's shelve by this month.
    11-08-10 06:42 PM
    Congrats!

So, anyway, look this!

I wanted to experiment with this and see if WP7 OS has buggy or glitchy, or the crappy battery life, whatever.. I will return it to TMO for refund, or exchange it for SAMTAB when it hits on tmobile's shelve by this month.
    Please keep us posted. I'm very curious to know how Outlook synch works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 09:07 PM
    The responsiveness is so butter it's awesome, no doubt, but it's still just Windows, which leaves anyone who cares about having an app world drooling on the outsides of windows, lookin' in at Android. I've played with the HD7 quite a few times, even owned briefly, but just detest the platform design, exactly as I do that of the Apple. Not having a customizable home screen just killed me. I'm greatly unimpressed with the UI, but what's new. That said, had I given it the time to get use to it, I'm sure I'd've grown accustom to it, however nothing would change how visually unimpressive the system setup it. Might not be a big point of sale for those that such a phone is marketed toward (business), but for me it's a huge part of what keeps me from leaving Samsung specific Androids. WinMo & RIM both have email over Android in spades, but for someone who cares nothing for email, these don't have a single ounce of contention otherwise. I am happy that HTC was finally able to get a WinMo system that works with Sense, it's about time. I really wish the HD2 had better results, I was so close to getting one so many times, the Sense on it was so visually stunning, but so operationally stunting. Oh well, and the beat goes on.
    11-14-10 12:26 AM
    The responsiveness is so butter it's awesome, no doubt, but it's still just Windows, which leaves anyone who cares about having an app world drooling on the outsides of windows, lookin' in at Android. I've played with the HD7 quite a few times, even owned briefly, but just detest the platform design, exactly as I do that of the Apple. Not having a customizable home screen just killed me. I'm greatly unimpressed with the UI, but what's new. That said, had I given it the time to get use to it, I'm sure I'd've grown accustom to it, however nothing would change how visually unimpressive the system setup it. Might not be a big point of sale for those that such a phone is marketed toward (business), but for me it's a huge part of what keeps me from leaving Samsung specific Androids. WinMo & RIM both have email over Android in spades, but for someone who cares nothing for email, these don't have a single ounce of contention otherwise. I am happy that HTC was finally able to get a WinMo system that works with Sense, it's about time. I really wish the HD2 had better results, I was so close to getting one so many times, the Sense on it was so visually stunning, but so operationally stunting. Oh well, and the beat goes on.
    With over 2,000 apps in the marketplace and growing, are you really serious about Windows Phone users left drooling on the outside? There are only a handful of apps I had on my iPhone that have not been released on the marketplace, but I'm sure they will soon enough. I'm not a fanboy, and don't want to sound like one, but I think the amount of apps available a week after the phone was released in the U.S. is substantial and keeps growing daily. There are already a lot of quality apps not available on android or blackberry. I could name them if you want.
    11-14-10 06:37 AM
    Please keep us posted. I'm very curious to know how Outlook synch works.

Depends if you are exchange or not. For most people using personal email it's not a direct sync with Outlook and is cloud based like google. You need a Live account and download a plug in for Outlook that syncs to the live account within Outlook. The phone gets all the info from the Live account such as calender and contacts.
    11-14-10 10:09 AM
    Depends if you are exchange or not. For most people using personal email it's not a direct sync with Outlook and is cloud based like google. You need a Live account and download a plug in for Outlook that syncs to the live account within Outlook. The phone gets all the info from the Live account such as calender and contacts.
    No exchange at my small office. But syncing via Live seems ok. At least it's not a third party vendor. I don't want to be stuck between MS and a third party for my contacts and calendar.

For android the Android forums suggest companionlink for $39.99!

11-14-10 04:24 PM
    Companion Link is something attractive. But, since I'm a Linux user, I'm more or less relegated to the cloud, something I'm okay with.
    11-16-10 08:08 PM
    With over 2,000 apps in the marketplace and growing, are you really serious about Windows Phone users left drooling on the outside? There are only a handful of apps I had on my iPhone that have not been released on the marketplace, but I'm sure they will soon enough. I'm not a fanboy, and don't want to sound like one, but I think the amount of apps available a week after the phone was released in the U.S. is substantial and keeps growing daily. There are already a lot of quality apps not available on android or blackberry. I could name them if you want.
    Android has $100,000 and growing. This isn't an opinion point you can argue, this is incontestable fact, simply mathematics. Windows app worlds have always sucked though, in comparison. Not only do they charge for some of the same apps you can get on Android for free (BlackBerry the same), but the sheer numbers stacked against is just undeniable, no matter the level of fanboism. I actually find nothing wrong with being a fanboy of WinMo, I mean ****, somebody's got to do it, right? LOL! I'm not here to flame, just here to state my experience with the device. It might be higher end in some aspects, but, for me (I EMPHASIZE... FOR ME...) WinMo7 picked up in a few places it needed to and dropped off in a few it didn't, making it a wash when compared to all previous versions of. My preference was actually for 6.1, it was the best performing OS that I found, but it also depended on the phone. I loved it on my TouchPro2.
    11-16-10 09:17 PM
    Android has $100,000 and growing. This isn't an opinion point you can argue, this is incontestable fact, simply mathematics. Windows app worlds have always sucked though, in comparison. Not only do they charge for some of the same apps you can get on Android for free (BlackBerry the same), but the sheer numbers stacked against is just undeniable, no matter the level of fanboism. I actually find nothing wrong with being a fanboy of WinMo, I mean ****, somebody's got to do it, right? LOL! I'm not here to flame, just here to state my experience with the device. It might be higher end in some aspects, but, for me (I EMPHASIZE... FOR ME...) WinMo7 picked up in a few places it needed to and dropped off in a few it didn't, making it a wash when compared to all previous versions of. My preference was actually for 6.1, it was the best performing OS that I found, but it also depended on the phone. I loved it on my TouchPro2.
    Windows Phone 7 is NOTHING like it's predecessor. The Zune software is simply spot on. (a HUGE reason why I love my Zune HD). Metro and XNA are awesome. Not to mention XBox Live integration. If you've ever played with the awesome GUI of the Zune HD you'll have no issues with WP 7.

The amount of apps available since day 1 of release is larger than that of Apple and Android had on day 1 combined. If it keeps this rate of expansion well let's just say you get the idea.

WP 7 has been praised as has it's Zune integration.
    11-17-10 01:28 PM
    Just got the HD7 on Tuesday. I love it!
    11-19-10 04:14 PM
    I wanted one! But I felt in the longrun I would have felt the same as having the HD2 and wanting to return to blackberry =(
    11-21-10 03:07 PM
    Wow, I just tried crossing over with the droid DEFY... hated android. I am craving a new BB but I am tethered to tmo and my only choice right now is the 9780. I need more than an interior remodel, I need a new form also... I might just go to the HD7 until another BB form comes out (I'll have 2 wks to decide anyway).
    11-23-10 07:57 AM
    was checking some stats on the hd7, you cannot tether with it? that might be a deal breaker... i sometimes tether my desktop to my 9700... fast as sh*t. not sure i wanna give that up..
    11-23-10 10:49 AM
    So I just happened to stumble upon this thread...and I have to say that I was VERY excited about the HTC HD7. I have been a blackberry user for almost 4 years with my most current phone being the BB9700 for Tmobile. I stumbled into an AT&T store and fell in love with the focus. I loved the windows phone interface, LOVED the facebook integration and just loved how new it was. So I went to Tmobile and got the HTC HD7.

My friends were very upset that I was leaving Blackberry as I am a HUGE blackberry advocate. After a week of use, I was left a little unhappy and I will tell you the deciding factor that made me go back not only to Blackberry, but I got the new BB9780...BATTERY LIFE!

I am a medical resident and I work long hours. I use my phone a lot to look up medications, text and call my co-residents and reps; email...taking photos and of course, facebook. I cannot be constantly worried about the battery life and I found that I could only get about a max 6 hours of life with the Windows Phone. The screen just sucks up way too much life. I find that just to do one simple task requires me to navigate through so many menus.

Thankfully I am back with Blackberry and I love OS6.0. The windows phone had a lot of potential but someone needs to make a battery made from Dilithium crystals (star trek haha) or something because I don't have time to be plugging in my phone constantly and carrying my charger with me!

Blackberry FOR LIFE!
    adrimo likes this.
    11-27-10 04:02 PM
    Android has $100,000 and growing. This isn't an opinion point you can argue, this is incontestable fact, simply mathematics. .
    And how many of those 100k are tip calculators, notepads and bus schedules for the O line in London. A lot may be just a lot of crap.

When I had my G1 I was incredibly underwhelmed by the quality or lack there of the available apps and any real way to navigate through the junk. I recall trying to read the reviews and they were filled with nonsensical ramblings of Illiterates typing on a what seemed to be an old dumb phone. IE (ha U I h8 tis app it not dope)

Maybe this has all changed but I for one am looking forward to go back to Windows. Even if it only has 2000 apps its no big deal. The BB has has a couple of thousand and I use maybe 12.
    aiquoc23 and Rickroller like this.
    11-30-10 10:13 PM
    More apps = More battery LOST!
    11-30-10 10:29 PM
    What do you mean by that? Having many apps don't take away battery. But, running too many apps does.
    11-30-10 10:33 PM
    Exactly, that's what I meant. There may be a plethora of apps on iPhone, Android and soon Windows, but who really NEEDS all those apps anyways?! Once multi-tasking becomes available on the HTC, forget it, battery life = 2 hours HAHAHA
    11-30-10 10:35 PM
    Don't forget you have multitasking on your 9700, also. It's not a matter of getting every out there, but being able to choose from a plethora of apps best fitting your needs.
    11-30-10 10:41 PM
    Hey, Please check those out for yourself, before jump on me..

WinPho HD7 -

there are hundreds of complaints about that, WinPho7 Forums - Zune and Marketplace crash/not loading..

HD7's battery life is very poor and worst than android's battery life.. No mutli-IM clients. Concept as You bought the 50,000$ car without A.C., Radio, Alarm theif, GPS. Ahh C'mon!
    12-04-10 07:26 AM

WinPho HD7 -

there are hundreds of complaints about that, WinPho7 Forums - Zune and Marketplace crash/not loading..

HD7's battery life is very poor and worst than android's battery life.. No mutli-IM clients. Concept as You bought the 50,000$ car without A.C., Radio, Alarm theif, GPS. Ahh C'mon!
    So I'm guessing you returned it?

See I find this hysterical. Poor battery life doing what it does compared to my 20+ hours of battery life with everything I have running in the background and all the widgets I have active and running. Interesting. Typical HTC though. All their recent Android devices have garbage battery life as well.
    12-04-10 12:57 PM

WinPho HD7 -

C'mon, dude. They all freeze at some point or another. They're little computers. Apple, BlackBerry, Symbian, and yes, even Android ( ). Just be fair.
    12-07-10 09:56 AM
    ^this. Ive never NOT had a phone freeze up. and whats with the guy (in the video) mashing the screen like he is having an epileptic seizure?
    12-14-10 10:51 PM
    I got my HD7 a couple of hours ago and I already like WP7 better than Android. Everything is so smooth and refined with no lag or sluggishness.
    This is also coming from someone who had a Droid X since summer and ran all kinds of custom ROMs on it since the skin that Motorola put on it made the phone sluggish.

The HD7 is hands down the best phone I've ever owned.
    12-29-10 02:31 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD