If so, how do you like it? I haven't owned a BB since my 9650 was killed. Loved that device. However, though Android left something to be desired as far as communication, I found a lot of apps and such useful, so when my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket was murdered, I bought 2 Lumia 900s. Im just now getting to play with it it after 2.5 wks of ownership, and while it is an awesome device, it has some lack. However, I found it to be the closest reminder to my BB. No notification isn't as much as a pain as it used yo be, seeing all of my Galaxy devices and my iPhone4 didn't have Led blinkers...
    Anyway, I just want to know others experiences who have crossed over. Maybe im missing something. And, I didn't go with the 920 BC im trying to not be a smartphone junkie any longer. I dont need the latest and greatest just a well sand solid working device.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-11-12 08:36 AM
    I havent exactly gone from my 9900 to a Lumia 900. I just bought the Lumia as a need to fulfill my gadget fetish. Been using the Lumia for a month now, although "using" is rather stretching it as it mostly lies at home and the alternate number I have taken for it is only with 4 people.
    My Observations:
    1) The OS is very polished and the transitions are really fun.
    2) Facebook integration on the native OS is awesome. Love the fact that it can automatically show your facbook photos as part of your Pictures. The device pictures and cloud pictures are seamless and no App is required.
    3) Explorer is a good browser and works very well.
    4) Notifications are abysmal and no the active tiles are not termed as notifications.
    5) Ringtones...you can't have different ringtones for different accounts. For example the tone for SMS and mail accounts can't be different. Its a pain to search on tiles what is it that you got.
    6) Just discovered that the volume level for speaker phone and earphone can't be adjust separately. If you adjust one the other is kept at the same level.
    7) I have the screen to auto dimming. The reaction to changes in light is very slow and phased. My 9900 goes from dim to full brightness instantaneously when I move into direct sunlight. Not so with the Lumia.
    8) The battery is a joke. It drains just by looking at it. Those who complain about the 9900 battery, well stay away from the Lumia 900.
    9) Love Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive. The fact that it downloads the entire country maps on device is awesome. The maps are accurate (and I have tested them in the remotest parts of India) and they don't need Network Coverage to work. They can work with all networks switched off on the device. Even Nokia City Lens is very cool and works very well.
    10) The Corning Gorilla Glass is a hoax. I barely used my Lumia and it has scratches all over the screen, while my 9900 has gone through one year of abuse and not a scratch on the screen and I have no screen protector on the 9900. The 9900 is normally tossed onto the car dash. So I don't know if it's Nokia lying or if Gorilla Glass isnt what Corning claims it is. I just wish RIM uses the same supplier for the screen on the BB10 as the supplier of the 9900 screen.
    11-12-12 02:23 AM
    Thank you very much.
    You just gave me enough reasons to stay away. Notifications and battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 02:39 AM
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you saying but you can set a different tone for SMS and email.

I havent exactly gone from my 9900 to a Lumia 900. I just bought the Lumia as a need to fulfill my gadget fetish. Been using the Lumia for a month now, although "using" is rather stretching it as it mostly lies at home and the alternate number I have taken for it is only with 4 people.
    My Observations:
    1) The OS is very polished and the transitions are really fun.
    2) Facebook integration on the native OS is awesome. Love the fact that it can automatically show your facbook photos as part of your Pictures. The device pictures and cloud pictures are seamless and no App is required.
    3) Explorer is a good browser and works very well.
    4) Notifications are abysmal and no the active tiles are not termed as notifications.
    5) Ringtones...you can't have different ringtones for different accounts. For example the tone for SMS and mail accounts can't be different. Its a pain to search on tiles what is it that you got.
    6) Just discovered that the volume level for speaker phone and earphone can't be adjust separately. If you adjust one the other is kept at the same level.
    7) I have the screen to auto dimming. The reaction to changes in light is very slow and phased. My 9900 goes from dim to full brightness instantaneously when I move into direct sunlight. Not so with the Lumia.
    8) The battery is a joke. It drains just by looking at it. Those who complain about the 9900 battery, well stay away from the Lumia 900.
    9) Love Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive. The fact that it downloads the entire country maps on device is awesome. The maps are accurate (and I have tested them in the remotest parts of India) and they don't need Network Coverage to work. They can work with all networks switched off on the device. Even Nokia City Lens is very cool and works very well.
    10) The Corning Gorilla Glass is a hoax. I barely used my Lumia and it has scratches all over the screen, while my 9900 has gone through one year of abuse and not a scratch on the screen and I have no screen protector on the 9900. The 9900 is normally tossed onto the car dash. So I don't know if it's Nokia lying or if Gorilla Glass isnt what Corning claims it is. I just wish RIM uses the same supplier for the screen on the BB10 as the supplier of the 9900 screen.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    11-12-12 03:05 AM
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you saying but you can set a different tone for SMS and email.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Please guide me how to. I might have missed out on that one.
    Edit: Found the settings. But I still can't have different sounds for my different mail accounts. I have only two. But if someone had more then finding out which mail came in would be a nightmare.
    11-12-12 03:13 AM
    Samb77

I've been using the Lumia for a few weeks and o find the battery, just like the call quality to be one of the best. It's nowhere near the amazing battery life of mu old Nokia e71 which could last for days with moderate to heavy use, but the way I push by phone with calls, texting, music, emails, and non-stop internet the battery is pretty well considering. Im a heavy user and it gets me through the day. If I start @ 4am taking it off the charge, hence starting my heavy usage, I'll do a midday fill up and keep on. So no problems there. (However, keep in mind that I just came from a S2 Skyrocket-which still didn't have a terrible battery considering that it's an android device)
    With my busy life, sometimes dumping my phone in my purse or squeezing it into pockets next to credit cards, and the kids always playing with it ir laying against something, I have 0 scratches on my screen. It seems I have to be pretty hard on it to incur the scratches that you mention.
    Also, I was able to save different tones for SMS and mail. I keep hearing u can't, but I have distinctive alerts for when an email comes through vs a text

11-12-12 05:36 AM
    I just basically wanted user experiences. I like the device, but I like some things, even basic things, that BB offers. Some are extremely nitpicky when they like a certain OS over another. Im not a fangirl either way, as long as the device just works, is well for communication, doesn't die in like an hour ( and yes I had an optimus slider that seriously died in 1.5 hours on average. Needless to say I sent that thing bk immediately, especially after having the Nokia e71), and I can get done with my daily tasks. I do favor Nokia devices BC of their sturdy and beautiful hardware. And, for the most part, they have awesome call quality. The only phone that I had that sucked in this dept was the Nokia N-Gage, which was a buggy device overall.
    Anyway...
    11-12-12 05:44 AM
    At Deborah,
    I like the phone basically. I just gave my feedback playing it against the 9900.
    Call quality is good for sure, but again I prefer the call quality on my 9900. There is a huge difference between the two.
    As far as build quality is concerned, the Nokia is a solid piece of hardware. It is vastly better than the Android Flagship Samsung S3, which is very poor build.
    I'm a heavy user of voice, and the Lumia doesn't cut it. A mid day charge is a dealbreaker for me. The 9900 goes the distance.
    Coming to the one thing where BB trumps all others is data connectivity in poor signal areas. I was just in a basement and the Lumia basically couldn't load webpages even though it was on 3G and then switched to 2g, but my 9900 which is on a 2g plan was effortlessly loading webpages. I guess the BB compression comes into play here.
    Overall, I would take Windows Phone over iPhone or Android (shudder) anyday. The Windows UI is so much nicer and smoother than iOS. I guess more people should try windows phone. I hope Nokia recovers as the Lumia is surely a winner in my book. GPS on device with Nokia maps is the killer app for Nokia. I can download and keep maps for any country and they are all free. The only reason I haven't done so is because I don't want to load the device. But if I'm travelling to some other country, I would simply download the map and i can use the maps without any data or roaming charges. The phone works as a standalone GPS. I fail to understand why Nokia is not really pushing this feature.
    11-12-12 08:01 AM
    Thank you very much.

I was reading somewhere that Microsoft is working on a Notification centre. I hope it comes soon. The live tiles and sound profiles seriously lack ease of use. And not to mention no LED.
    Another thing they need to work on is dialling. It's a pain to search and dial. IOS and Androids do that much better. It takes an average of three touches before you can get to the place where you type in a person's name. Really annoying.
    11-12-12 08:05 AM
    Samb77

I see. Since I haven't had. A BB in awhile, my comparisons are mostly to my old device, an Android. I.e. I get signal in areas my GS2 Skyrocket couldn't. And Samsung knows it could have built the Galaxy series better than they did. I had the Captivate Glide, Galaxy s2, and the Skyrocket. My father has the Galaxy Note, so I've had my share of most the flagships and they all leave something to be desired as far as hardware... And the S3 could have been more solid ws well.
    11-12-12 08:17 AM
    I've had the Lumia 900 since release date back in April, and I've had no issues with it.

The things I like are:
    1. LTE
    2. Excellent battery life--I'm at 40% after 16 hrs of heavy use
    3. Microsoft Office is better than DocsToGo
    4. I'm running Windows 8 on my PC, and my appointments/people tiles sync on my desktop
    5. No truncated emails
    6. email formatting is HTML, not plain text
    7. camera is great
    8. SkyDrive integration--automatically upload photos to SkyDrive
    9. Only smartphone that I've been able to use outdoors in direct sunlight while wearing sunglasses
    10. Able to add music to SkyDrive and stream it
    11. No spinning black clock
    12. No need to reboot after installing or updating apps
    13. Browser is quick and responsive
    14. Supports Exchange ActiveSync
    15. Nokia Maps, Drive and Transport are excellent
    sam_b77 likes this.
    11-12-12 12:09 PM
    I've had the Lumia 900 since release date back in April, and I've had no issues with it.

The things I like are:
    1. LTE
    2. Excellent battery life--I'm at 40% after 16 hrs of heavy use
    3. Microsoft Office is better than DocsToGo
    4. I'm running Windows 8 on my PC, and my appointments/people tiles sync on my desktop
    5. No truncated emails
    6. email formatting is HTML, not plain text
    7. camera is great
    8. SkyDrive integration--automatically upload photos to SkyDrive
    9. Only smartphone that I've been able to use outdoors in direct sunlight while wearing sunglasses
    10. Able to add music to SkyDrive and stream it
    11. No spinning black clock
    12. No need to reboot after installing or updating apps
    13. Browser is quick and responsive
    14. Supports Exchange ActiveSync
    15. Nokia Maps, Drive and Transport are excellent
    I agree with you on all the points. Office is a serious gamechanger. Along with skydrive and Office360 the thing is a powerhouse when it comes to productivity. Apple and Android don't hold a candle to it and I don't see even BB10 having a credible defence to Office on the Lumia.
    On the outdoors thing, I disagree. Nothing comes near to a BB screen. I can read it in full sunlight with polarized oakleys on. There I would disagree. My 9900 screen beats it hands down for direct sunlight readability.
    Having said that, I will still rock the Lumia 900 along with my BB10. The Lumia has grown on me and it's my first Nokia. I have never bought a Nokia in my life. This one though is very nice.
    11-12-12 04:34 PM
    When I used BlackBerry, I had to cup my hand over the device to read the screen when outdoors in the sun.

The same was true of the Nokia Symbian devices I had prior to BlackBerry. They were unreadable in direct sunlight.
    11-12-12 04:39 PM
    Yeah having Microsoft Office in my pocket is a writer's dream. I have no way of testing the sunlight thing. The Lumia does seem to do better than a couple of Symbian devices I've owned, though.
    11-12-12 07:12 PM
    Thank you very much.

Yeah this is a design "issue" Microsoft is seeing some fallout over. It's what happens when you buck convention. Users are wanting Microsoft to bring a notification center to windows phone 8. Microsoft's response is that's what the live tiles are for. Or so I heard.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    11-12-12 10:44 PM
    Yeah having Microsoft Office in my pocket is a writer's dream. I have no way of testing the sunlight thing. The Lumia does seem to do better than a couple of Symbian devices I've owned, though.
    I would not be able to test sunlight now either, since it's been dark and rainy here.

I tested in the summer. I have brightness set at medium and automatically adjust set to on.
    11-13-12 12:35 AM
    Thank you very much.

He's referring to the Lumia 900 running WP7.5, not the new Lumia 920 running WP8.

Notifications could be a deal breaker if you need them all in one place, but the battery life of the 920 is pretty solid.

Live tiles on the homescreen do a decent job of showing your notifications for many people, so it may not be a complete bust
    11-13-12 05:02 AM
    Yeah this is a design "issue" Microsoft is seeing some fallout over. It's what happens when you buck convention. Users are wanting Microsoft to bring a notification center to windows phone 8. Microsoft's response is that's what the live tiles are for. Or so I heard.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    Microsoft's response is that they didn't have enough time to put in a Notification centre for this release, but it's coming soon.
    11-13-12 05:10 AM
    I went from bold 900 to dell venue pro wp7 to lumia 920. The lumia is an absolute gem of a device.

Notification icons are clearly shown on the start screen, whether it be a missed call, text message, voicemail, outlook email, hotmail, yahoo mail, etc. The start screen also displays the time, and upcoming calendar appointments, etc. as seen in the attached pic.

Has anyone gone to a Nokia Lumia 900 or 920 from BB?-image.jpg
    11-13-12 10:52 PM
    I picked up the 822 on Verizon and so far I like it! Very nice device possibly a winner for Microsoft.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    11-21-12 10:30 PM
    I went from a Bold 9900 to the Lumia 920 and boy am I not looking back. The phone doesn't feel cheap like many android phones, the display is AMAZING, the camera out of this world and WP8 a welcome refreshment. Sure, there are one or two things which have to be done in WP8, but there is nothing I really miss. Custom SMS tone for single contacts? I dont need that (individual ringtones for calls are enough for me). I love the wp8 messaging system, which combines facebook and SMS in one single conversation. I really love that! The whole OS feels like as if it was made by cool, creative people. Everything is just cool You should definitely give it a try! it really is a personal phone!

one thing I miss from my bold 9900: the bed mode. I already requested an equivalent system on the WP request board, but I dont think it will come anytime soon. and of course, I loved that my bold 9900 recognized my case and put my phone to sleep automatically. I dont give a **** about LEDs, so i dont miss that.
    01-10-13 12:29 AM
    I went from BB 9800 to HTC Desire Z (that thing lasted 3 weeks) to HTC TITAN with WP. Gotta admit, I'm glad to be rid of the spamfest that is BBM (or at least it was for me... broadcasts out the absolute wazoo saying "Add person x" or "Ping for rate" etc). However, I thought I would miss the physical keyboard. Actually like the WP touch keyboard. It's especially useful on a 4.7" behemoth like the TITAN. Can't wait to use the Lumia 920 though. Now if only Phones4U would sell the damn thing unlocked...
    01-10-13 04:26 PM