I personally have no interest in Windows 8 smartphones or tablets. It seems the rest of the world feels the same.
    Microsoft should really consider teaming with RIM by launching software and services for BB10. They'll dominate enterprise together. Rim does hardware and security, Microsoft can do office, sharepoint tools, publishing, etc...

Microsoft just reduced their tablet order to 2 million from 4 million. Also the tablet sales represent less than 1% of total win8 sales. Also ASUS CFO says sales are not good right now.

Microsoft Can
    11-30-12 02:03 PM
    I read today in the Toronto Star that Windows 8 has made no blip whatsoever in Laptop sales. Laptaps are down 21% year/year, with no change in the decline attributable to Windows 8.

Tough times for MS.
    11-30-12 03:19 PM
    I honestly fell pretty bad for them... I gotta say those surface tabs (pro and rt) blow the pants off most of the competition (excluding the pb and ipad) imo... I guess we should be happy though, MSFT <RIM...
    11-30-12 05:04 PM
    Personally, I feel it is just a matter of people getting used to the Windows 8 UI. The sales will come- they are plastered everywhere and the Tablets are getting decent reviews. The Nokia smartpone sales are very good.

This is why it is so important that RIM launch an impressive set of devices with a huge bang. Get the attention for BB10 to keep W8 and WP8 at bay.
    anon(1005582) likes this.
    11-30-12 05:09 PM
    Personally, I feel it is just a matter of people getting used to the Windows 8 UI. The sales will come- they are plastered everywhere and the Tablets are getting decent reviews. The Nokia smartpone sales are very good.

This is why it is so important that RIM launch an impressive set of devices with a huge bang. Get the attention for BB10 to keep W8 and WP8 at bay.
    I agree, with time people will be on board with Windows 8 and laptop sales will pick up. One thing I must say is that staying in one ecosystem has become increasingly important for customers. People buy Apple products because they already own a Apple product. They see that, for example, the macbook will allow imessage so they will then get a macbook. Consumer mentality is buying into a unified ecosystem. This is where Microsoft will have a chance since Windows 8 is in some degree unifying pc/laptops, phones, and tablets. Windows offer there own IM (hotmail/skype), cloud storage (skydrive), and entertainment (Xbox related stuff). During next year I expect Microsoft to start becoming a major player in tablets and maybe phones (if more unifying happens between the os).

In saying this, I believe that BB also has a strong chance in the phone and tablet market, both in consumer and enterprise markets. Windows 8 will need to cater to the general consumer a lot before they can focus a lot of their attention to the enterprise market. With BB 10, BlackBerry is completing unifying phones and tablets. Something Apple, Google, and Microsoft have been unsuccessful at doing so far. (Google is likely to get their before both Apple and Microsoft but fragmentation is going to hold them back heavily).
    11-30-12 05:19 PM
    One thing for sure, IMO, is that they are doing a lot of eye catching advertising of the tabs! Gets your attention with the music (even if you don't have that stuff on your playlist) and the fast paced snap together snap apart ad that opens and closes the tabs to the beats.

Here's hoping that Frank B. can whip up some strong ads for BB10 that grab and hold your attention AND make you wanna go check out the goods!
    11-30-12 05:25 PM
    I think WP8 is awesome and it's just a matter of time until people try it and really like it. Out of all the OS's, WP8 is one of my favorites and it's only going to get better. The apps are starting to quickly roll in. The HTC 8X in blue is one of my favorite devices and I also had the Lumia 920 which is close but the form factor of the 8X is much nicer for me. The 920 is heavier(which is not heavy as some reviews state) but it's not as nice and easy to hold in your hand as the 8X.

I also enjoy the Windows 8 and I truly believe once you LEARN how to use it, you will truly enjoy the experience. Most of the people who complain don't know how to use it properly or even have enough time learning the OS. It will catch a break very soon, it's only a matter of time as more and more people get use to using it.
    11-30-12 11:31 PM
    i totally agree that w8 will be fine. after using the software on a tablet, laptop, and a desktop i was very impressed. i am looking forward to bb10 but the lumia 920 looks damn good. tempted......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-30-12 11:52 PM
    i totally agree that w8 will be fine. after using the software on a tablet, laptop, and a desktop i was very impressed. i am looking forward to bb10 but the lumia 920 looks damn good. tempted......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    temptation is the road to the dark side

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    12-01-12 11:39 AM
    This is exactly why I don't read tech reviews or commentaries from amateurs. Of course sales are low - people can grab windows 7 laptops for a steal of a price right now, and they are. Sales will pick up. Windows machines have never been fad sellers right out the gate. Yet they still have around 80-90% dominance as a computer OS. Author's stance has more in common with hyperbole writing bloggers than serious journalism.
    I'm not surprised about the Surface. I don't see much point in me buying an RT version when I only have to spend about $250 more for the full x86 version and do real computing. The analysis of the Surface RT is tne only part of his article I agree with. Releasing a pseudo-windows, untried and unproven, and pricing it comparable to the established competition was rank stupidity.
    WP8 is doing "ok". Sales aren't high, but they're not terrible either, which is really not bad for an OS going up against android and iPhone. There are certainly some deal breakers (for me) after launch on those phones that need to be ironed out before I'd consider one though.
    12-02-12 12:34 PM