Uh Oh, Microsoft's Surface Tablet Is Getting Some Awful Reviews (MSFT)
    http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/Article...icleid=4836310
    10-23-12 11:30 PM
    If you somehow tried to put a playbook spin on this ok. but its just a link to a review about a microsoft tablet in the playbook forums
    10-23-12 11:32 PM
    And here is another one:

MOSSBERG: I Like The Microsoft Surface Tablet, But I've Got Some Big Complaints About It (MSFT, AAPL)
    http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/Article...icleid=4836169

Feeling the PB love here?
    10-23-12 11:35 PM

Feeling the PB love here?
    Honestly, no. Not at all. Didn't see a single mention of the pb whatsoever from any reviewer tonight. Not even sure anyone is even thinking about the Playbook anymore outside of this place here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    10-23-12 11:41 PM
    Honestly, no. Not at all. Didn't see a single mention of the pb whatsoever from any reviewer tonight. Not even sure anyone is even thinking about the Playbook anymore outside of this place here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    That's why BB10 dev beta needs to be on PB before Christmas!
    10-23-12 11:44 PM
    That's why BB10 dev beta needs to be on PB before Christmas!

not going to happen. what they are showing us on dev alpha B is so stripped down. If they give us a bb10beta for pb it would be too stripped down. considering any dev activity can be done using the current OS I don't think they are in a rush to give bb10 to more people ahead of the phone launch
    10-23-12 11:45 PM
    not going to happen. what they are showing us on dev alpha B is so stripped down. If they give us a bb10beta for pb it would be too stripped down. considering any dev activity can be done using the current OS I don't think they are in a rush to give bb10 to more people ahead of the phone launch
    still two months away from Christmas...

besides, most of the companies are putting budget together for 2013 in the next a few months, if RIM stay out of the sight before the official launch, what are the chance to have BB10 related items appear in their budget?
    10-23-12 11:52 PM
    still two months away from Christmas...

besides, most of the companies are putting budget together for 2013 in the next a few months, if RIM stay out of the sight before the official launch, what are the chance to have BB10 related items appear in their budget?

I hope it comes out. I voted I want it on your poll
    10-23-12 11:57 PM
    The reviews certainly are not overwhelmingly positive, but they certainly are not atrocious - we can easily only positive pretty great reviews (Engadget, BGR) or terrible ones (Gizmodo). I bought the PB on day one in store, and ordered a Surface today so will probably get it next week-ish. Ordering the PB I took the risk of knowing the available apps were somewhat limited and that there was a need for an OS upgrade almost out of the get-go. Again I am taking that risk, but feel a bit more confident with Microsoft on this. Albeit, for disclosure's sake, I used to believe in BB too.

All Things D notes in their review that many of the gripes they had were fixed within the week they had the device by Microsoft which is a rate of improvement that is positive. Hopefully a few more OS updates roll through reasonably quickly. I do not want to deal with no spell check for too long - again lol

Most importantly for the BB user is that I have not seen a single reference to the PB in any Surface review, or for that matter iPad mini review.

Mine will be sold when the Surface gets here - but I am sure at a very low cost. We had a beautiful run together, though.
    10-24-12 12:15 AM
    The reviews certainly are not overwhelmingly positive, but they certainly are not atrocious - we can easily only positive pretty great reviews (Engadget, BGR) or terrible ones (Gizmodo). I bought the PB on day one in store, and ordered a Surface today so will probably get it next week-ish. Ordering the PB I took the risk of knowing the available apps were somewhat limited and that there was a need for an OS upgrade almost out of the get-go. Again I am taking that risk, but feel a bit more confident with Microsoft on this. Albeit, for disclosure's sake, I used to believe in BB too.

All Things D notes in their review that many of the gripes they had were fixed within the week they had the device by Microsoft which is a rate of improvement that is positive. Hopefully a few more OS updates roll through reasonably quickly. I do not want to deal with no spell check for too long - again lol

Most importantly for the BB user is that I have not seen a single reference to the PB in any Surface review, or for that matter iPad mini review.

Mine will be sold when the Surface gets here - but I am sure at a very low cost. We had a beautiful run together, though.
    How much with shipping to waterloo
    10-24-12 12:55 AM

How much with shipping to waterloo
    10-24-12 12:58 AM
    I'm gettin a Surface Pro once it comes out, but I'll be keeping my 64GB PB to pair along with my Bold 9900. Very distinct uses.
    PB for business and normal computing. Surface Pro for PC specific programs on the go and on the go gaming (DS3Tool + PS3 controller = full gaming on the go, be it Crysis 2, NBA 2K13 or other), so pretty much more personal use.

The naysaysers can suck a lemon. Eventually, people will realize how much more Surface can do compared to an app dependent POS like the iOS ecosystem and Surface will take off. Microsoft will help along the slow death of Apple (since it did once prevents its death...) now that Steve Jobs has departed.
    10-24-12 03:47 AM
    The reviews certainly are not overwhelmingly positive, but they certainly are not atrocious
    http://www.marco.org/2012/10/26/an-alternate-universe

This was brutal.
    10-28-12 05:00 PM
    Indeed. Lord have mercy...because this guy sure didn't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-28-12 05:33 PM
    The Surface RT works ok. I cannot find any glaring problems with it. I would say that it is not as special or unique as I thought it might be. I decided not to buy one after spending several hours with it. I already have the PlayBook and a windows 7 laptop and windows 8 desktop. I thought the Samsung Ativ might be more responsive and it has the full Windows8 on it. So my unsophisticated review is that it is ok for what it is but it did not sway me to buy one. The Microsoft boutique or store, whatever you call it had quite abit of attention the last time I was there, people were buying them.
    12-23-12 11:02 AM