Attachment 138530

I got it mine from Oshawa Center.
    Note in the letter it says "if you are interested in purchases the device outright as an existing customer please visit..." the OP is saying he's not an existing customer he's just some joe blow who wants to buy a device without having a plan with WIND mobile.
    02-28-13 03:48 PM
    Attachment 138530

I got it mine from Oshawa Center.
    I just called 3 actual stores in the Oakville area where I live and all of them told me existing customers can't buy it out right till March 20, 2013. The Store owner told me this flat out over the phone.
    How do I get one of those emails???? So I can complain about the store not selling it to me. This is brutal...
    02-28-13 03:50 PM
    you can just get a cheap prepaid SIM from another carrier, port it out and back in...unless your plan is grandfathered...guess you can get it from virgin/bell/rogers/fido and get it unlocked right?
    02-28-13 03:51 PM
    I went to the store and bought it out right. The manager was even there. But the person who sold it to me knows me for a long time. When I get home I'll even take a picture of my receipt.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    02-28-13 03:53 PM
    Rogers sucks just as much as WIND!
    No your both wrong Bell is the best!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 03:54 PM
    If you have a smartphone... avoid them like the plague.

Wind / Mobilicity are known for their sh*t service, at least here in Vancouver.
    Personal experience: They're okay if you're on a really tight budget and need a dumbphone to make a short call or two a day.

Also, they shouldn't have a right to not allow you purchase of the phone outright, especially since it's being sold that way on their website. Shame on them.
    Sorry but your flat wrong, I have had Wind for a couple years now and very little issues at all. Even still connected to Wind network in Blaine, Washington. There is a spot or two where connection is poor but same can be said for any carrier. When I had Rogers there were areas where the calls dropped. I always use my smartphone, used it as a mobile hotspot, and minimal issues at all in the lower mainland.
    02-28-13 04:59 PM
    Drop wind go with a company that supports LTE and has better network coverage. You may pay a little more but it's quality that counts.

Posted via CB10
    Wind & Mobilicity will be supporting LTE.
    02-28-13 05:00 PM
    The work-around I found is just get the new plan, slap your old sim card in the BB10 and cancel the new plan the following month. Done.
    02-28-13 05:02 PM
    wind coverage isnt bad, unless you travel a lot. but i guess for the majority of us with stable job or go to school, wind is great. i cant quite remember the last time i traveled to northern quebec or Newfoundland
    2Supra4U likes this.
    02-28-13 05:19 PM
    Ok so I am feed up and going to just buy an unlocked Z10. Is there a certain model or version that I need to buy that will work on Wind?
    I have found a guy that is selling Unlocked Z10's and swears they will work on Wind properly.

I just want to cross reference the model # to make sure. As I need to go get a MicroSIM card at lunch before I get the phone.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully by 4pm I will have my Z10.
    03-01-13 07:42 AM
    Ok so I am feed up and going to just buy an unlocked Z10. Is there a certain model or version that I need to buy that will work on Wind?
    I have found a guy that is selling Unlocked Z10's and swears they will work on Wind properly.

I just want to cross reference the model # to make sure. As I need to go get a MicroSIM card at lunch before I get the phone.

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully by 4pm I will have my Z10.
    RFK121LW. Just go to the Scarborough town center store. They will sell it outright to you

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-01-13 07:48 AM
    I usually stay in the wind home area and don't have signal issues but where they shine is US roaming. It is a tiny fraction of what the big 3 charge. Fido/Rogers want a $1.45 minute in the US.
    03-01-13 07:57 AM
    The only good experience I had with Wind was closing my account.
    I really wanted to go with the little guy but they made it suck.
    I was previously with Wind, before my current phone provider. I signed up with them, when they first came to the Kitchener /Waterloo area. I left them just before 2013.

The "unlimited" is nice, and is why I signed up, because I'm in their "home zone", but... I found whenever you had to deal with the company for any kind of technical support matter, or any account related matter, it was a nightmare. The technical support/customer call centre, is horrible, and I had many of their "off-shore" reps, just hang up on me, after parroting their scripted responses.

It was definitely worth paying a bit more per month, to avoid the idiocy.

Not that many of the other phone providers are that much better, but I found Wind to be the worst, so far.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-01-13 08:01 AM
    Has anybody unlocked a wind Z10 yet or heard of anyone doing it?
    03-01-13 08:30 AM
    The person I am hopefully getting the Z10 from today says it will be unlocked. Keep you posted.
    03-01-13 08:31 AM
    So just to get some info. The Telus Z10 is a 91 Model and is Band 4 AWS phone.
    Is that the one that will work on WIND?
    03-01-13 09:39 AM
    for a phone like the Z10 (or iPhone or Android) you really need a LTE network to get the full experience. otherwise you're basically driving a Maserati on the highway at rush hour... "damn this car sucks. only goes 7 km/h."
    I don't know about that in every case. I'm with Bell (great LTE coverage) But I usually shut it off to save battery life, the only time I ever turn it on is if I'm going to stream a video or I need to download something right then and I'm not near wifi. Everything else I I just use HSPA+ it's more than fast enough for me to send / receive texts, emails, images and load most websites in the browser. Oh and the crackberry app works great that way as well.

To each their own though.
    DJRikko likes this.
    03-01-13 10:26 AM
    Not all of us is willing or can spend 85$ per month on mobile plans

Posted via CB10
    vegetto_456 and RowdyGinger like this.
    03-01-13 11:37 AM
    In most cases the normal network is just fine.... or when I am away I use the Wifi that is available... So I don't see the need for LTE and on the SIII that I had for work on Rogers the LTE sucked my Battery!!
    I am sure I will be happy with the Z10 on the Wind Network. Had no complaints with the my Bold 9900 to date!
    DJRikko likes this.
    03-01-13 12:15 PM
    It's here! The Blackberry� Z10 is at WIND!

Show them this ad. It says to new and current customer as of February 27.
    03-01-13 01:03 PM
    I find LTE really drains my battery so I keep it on HSPA+ and only use LTE for occasions when I really need speed, and while I do like it, I don't think it's necessary. Besides, if you don't leave their zones, Wind actually gives people a really good deal. In 2 1/2 weeks with the phone, I'm at 2GB of data used. Unlimited internet would be pretty sweet... good thing I got 6GB on my plan.
    03-01-13 02:12 PM
    Well I got the z10 from Telus. It works just fine on WIND.
    RFF91LW

So far so good.... I was told by the person I bought it from it was unlocked, but I have travelled to the states and I have the roaming logo on the top of screen. Is that possible?
    03-02-13 08:34 PM
    Well to get the full advantage of the unlocked phone you would need to use a sim from the states.

data speeds on wind are good (im in etobicoke). I d/l 7-10 mb files in a few seconds. I just signed up for NHL gamecenter live and it plays hd quality butter smooth on my z10 on the wind network.
    Im happy I left the big 3 so far....
    03-02-13 09:09 PM
    Well I got the z10 from Telus...

So far so good.... I was told by the person I bought it from it was unlocked, but I have travelled to the states and I have the roaming logo on the top of screen. Is that possible?
    Yes, that would be expected if you're in a different country outside Wind's network. That is the definition of roaming.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:09 PM
    I never got the roaming indicator on Bold 9900 that was unlocked.
    03-02-13 09:34 PM
60 123