I was going to post this in the Mobilicity forum as well, but there seems to be little or no traffic there these days.

Wind Said to Undercut Telus’s Rejected Mobilicity Bid - Bloomberg

Wind Mobile submitted a bid for smaller Canadian wireless carrier Mobilicity that�s about half the rejected C$380 million ($357 million) offer earlier this year by Telus (T) Corp., a person with knowledge of the matter said.

Wind�s proposal was turned in this week before a bidding deadline closed, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the court-monitored process is private. Acquiring Mobilicity would help Toronto-based Wind secure more radio spectrum to tackle larger carriers Telus and Rogers Communications Inc. (RCI/B)

Wind Mobile is stepping in after the Canadian government blocked Vancouver-based Telus�s offer, saying that airwave licenses set aside for new competitors shouldn�t end up in the hands of the large incumbents. Mobilicity�s assets have been up for grabs since September, when it was granted court protection from creditors.

Nick Anstett, a spokesman for Mobilicity, declined to comment on whether Wind Mobile had submitted a bid or say how many bids had been submitted. The bid-review process continues, and a decision could come any time in the next �several weeks,� Anstett said.

�Like any other organization, Wind is always considering the options and evaluating any opportunities available to us,� said Alexandra Maxwell, a spokeswoman for the company, a unit of Globalive Wireless Management Corp. Maxwell declined to comment specifically on a Mobilicity bid.
    12-18-13 01:52 PM
    Better Service, and Higher Cost.
    12-18-13 03:25 PM
    Hopefully they allow Mobilicity plans to be grandfathered to Wind.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:26 PM
    What I'm more worried about is if they only get the subscribers, and not the the towers, although that's doubtful.

That would cause a bad overload of the towers that already exist.

More importantly, how would this affect their funds of the 700mhz spectrum auction? I think that's the most important thing for them to be looking at.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    12-18-13 09:10 PM
    What I'm more worried about is if they only get the subscribers, and not the the towers, although that's doubtful.

That would cause a bad overload of the towers that already exist.

More importantly, how would this affect their funds of the 700mhz spectrum auction? I think that's the most important thing for them to be looking at.

I don't think the subs are on the table so to speak. WIND has been the natural beneficiary of people leaving Mobilicity over the last year or so, so there's no reason why they should bid hard and heavy to get them, it seems the majority will migrate to them anyway no matter what the end result.

As for the towers, Mobilicity doesn't own them, their entire network is owned by and leased from Ericcson so they're not assets to be sold. WIND will have to figure that out for themselves.

VimpelCom has shown some desire to remain in Canada and WIND is no longer overtly for sale. They've shown commitment through recent advertising initiatives and network improvements, both of which were non existent earlier in the year, so the money VimpelCom promised for the auction is still there, they know WIND couldn't survive just on AWS.
    12-20-13 11:58 AM
    Mobilicity promotional plans always expire after a year

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:01 PM
    I don't think the subs are on the table so to speak. WIND has been the natural beneficiary of people leaving Mobilicity over the last year or so, so there's no reason why they should bid hard and heavy to get them, it seems the majority will migrate to them anyway no matter what the end result.

As for the towers, Mobilicity doesn't own them, their entire network is owned by and leased from Ericcson so they're not assets to be sold. WIND will have to figure that out for themselves.

VimpelCom has shown some desire to remain in Canada and WIND is no longer overtly for sale. They've shown commitment through recent advertising initiatives and network improvements, both of which were non existent earlier in the year, so the money VimpelCom promised for the auction is still there, they know WIND couldn't survive just on AWS.
    Aha! Alright, good to know. I didn't know the tower infrastructure was leased. Although I assume they'll work out certain agreements for that. I don't think Ericsson wants their towers back (unless they can resell them)
    So far so good then, if wind managed to somehow pick up both the mobilicity infrastructure and the 700mhz spectrum, they'd be laughing.
    I've already been talking to my friends on how i'd be totally willing to pay an extra 10 bucks or so a month for LTE data

12-20-13 08:12 PM
    Mobilicity promotional plans always expire after a year

Posted via CB10
    There have been various promotions where the plans were for life. The last $25 BTS promo for example was a "for life" plan.
    12-21-13 10:16 PM