All of old models on wind. Anyone knows when wind receives new phones if ever? I have a credit and the options seem limited. The priv is way too expensive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 08:52 PM
    All of old models on wind. Anyone knows when wind receives new phones if ever? I have a credit and the options seem limited. The priv is way too expensive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

I myself found the same issue. I had a $300 upgrade credit and was looking to take advantage of the Classic being on sale for $399.

Long story short their "sale" of the Classic ended Feb 1 and it appears they EOL's the phone. I ended up buying it for $499 minus the $300. I am going to try and complain about the $100 difference since nowhere else does the price say $499.

I know that some of the stores I called in Calgary had limited stock, if this is a device that suits your needs you may want to call the stores directly.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 02:45 AM
    I myself found the same issue. I had a $300 upgrade credit and was looking to take advantage of the Classic being on sale for $399.

Long story short their "sale" of the Classic ended Feb 1 and it appears they EOL's the phone. I ended up buying it for $499 minus the $300. I am going to try and complain about the $100 difference since nowhere else does the price say $499.

I know that some of the stores I called in Calgary had limited stock, if this is a device that suits your needs you may want to call the stores directly.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Posted via CB10
    That was my plan!! I wanted the classic. Waited too long. Saw that it went back to $499 and then within a few days from that, the phone was no longer on the website. I will check the stores like you said. I did not know you could carry a 300 dollar credit since the guy told me that 250 was the maximum.
    02-09-16 02:23 PM
    That was my plan!! I wanted the classic. Waited too long. Saw that it went back to $499 and then within a few days from that, the phone was no longer on the website. I will check the stores like you said. I did not know you could carry a 300 dollar credit since the guy told me that 250 was the maximum.

I also was under the impression I had a $250 credit but upon making a purchase it was shown as $300. Someone explained that the longer you have been with Wind your credit goes up every year??

I don't know about you but I signed up in August 2012 with the $40 at the time. I know that the older plans like mine had a higher device credit than some of the newer plans.

The trend is for carriers to slowly go away from the device subsidy model that was so heavy a few years ago.

If you call around see if you can get a Classic from a store and then complain to customer service, social media and maybe even write an old fashion letter to head office.

I was told that the $399 sale would carry over and that I couldn't purchase a phone with Wind tab online. Stupid me I believed them and it cost me an extra $100. It's not the end of the world but I feel the treatment I got from all these stores looking to buy a Blackberry, combined with the fact I am purchasing a device that doesn't appear to be for sale anymore would be enough to honor a promised sale from a day or two earlier.

Good luck! I am setting up the Classic tonight and it looks like a beast of a device. I LOVE the steel band, adds such a level of sexiness to it it's nuts!

Posted via CB10
    greenpoise likes this.
    02-09-16 02:36 PM
    I also want to give another tip. I found out about my $300 credit by asking a store rep to check my account and try and process a purchase.

I had asked 2 different reps and one guy just looked it up and said $250 where the other rep processed a purchase and saw the $300 come off the device.

As a little experiment I tried the same scenario and most of the times the reps where wrong until they actually tried to sell a phone and saw it come off automatically.

Hopefully your in the same boat as me and get the $300. Blackberry needs all the love and sales they can get at the carrier level, especially from what I experienced at Wind. The Priv wasn't even getting any love to be honest.

Good luck once again!

Posted via CB10
    greenpoise likes this.
    02-09-16 02:42 PM
    I also want to give another tip. I found out about my $300 credit by asking a store rep to check my account and try and process a purchase.

I had asked 2 different reps and one guy just looked it up and said $250 where the other rep processed a purchase and saw the $300 come off the device.

As a little experiment I tried the same scenario and most of the times the reps where wrong until they actually tried to sell a phone and saw it come off automatically.

Hopefully your in the same boat as me and get the $300. Blackberry needs all the love and sales they can get at the carrier level, especially from what I experienced at Wind. The Priv wasn't even getting any love to be honest.

Good luck once again!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I could go for a Priv, I just find the price a bit outrageous.
    02-09-16 03:51 PM
    Can't believe they took the classic out. Damn. Lol.
    They should have at least left them on until they ran out of stock. Imagine if they had the passport!

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    02-27-16 05:13 AM
    I'm surprised to see the Classic go too. Only if they priced it right from the start. ShopBlackberry.com was quite a bit less that Wind

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 06:57 PM
    As a Classic fan and a recent owner of the device from Wind, I can confirm that they have plenty of stock in a lot of stores.

For whatever reason the stores are still selling them but the website doesn't have the device on sale.

I purchased it on sale @ $399.

Solid phone! Odd thing I have found is that my reception appears to be a little worse on Wind compared to my Q10. Not sure why since I believe the Classic has a better antenna from what I understand.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:13 AM
    How do you get a $300 credit?

I signed with Wind over three years ago and went in with my own device. My account says I'm eligible for an upgrade but looks like I don't even have any credit. It's I have upgrade limit of $1000 but that's it.

Have they taken out the credit for their new windtab plans?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 01:27 PM
    How do you get a $300 credit?

I signed with Wind over three years ago and went in with my own device. My account says I'm eligible for an upgrade but looks like I don't even have any credit. It's I have upgrade limit of $1000 but that's it.

Have they taken out the credit for their new windtab plans?

Posted via CB10

I am on an old $40 plan. I know that the newer plans appear to have a reduced discount on the sale of phones as I think Wind was trending like other carriers to reducing subsidies. Now they offer Wind Tab boosters which aren't as good as before.

I recall when I first started with Wind I bought a 9900 that was selling for $599 or $499 and picked it up for $99. The device discount was much bigger but has since been reduced when the CRTC made 3 year plans no longer valid.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 11:56 PM
    Makes sense. Getting a phone on their new windtab tab option almost works out to the same two year cost as the other carriers. But of course you get more with Wind.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:18 PM