Hello !
    Wind Mobile offer Bold 9900, so why can't I use my unlocked 9900 with Wind SIM? The 9900 was once locked Rogers. I can get it working with Wind Away only at the moment... Did Wind get some 9900 made just for there network or something? Thanks for the help And sorry if this has been covered, I couldn�t find a good answer.
    11-10-12 01:35 AM
    Your Roger 9900 only works under roaming on Wind's network. Unless you'd like to pay extra, better go with wind 9900 or find an unlocked tmobile phone.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    11-10-12 01:57 AM
    You'll need a 9900 that can run on AWS networks, which is used by Wind and Mobilicity here in Canada. They use different bands than Rogers, Telus and Bell.
    11-10-12 02:10 AM
    Thanks.
    So with my unlocked 9900 i can only use; Telus, Rogers and Bell networks / plans. Ok thanks, wonder who has the best deals at the moment...
    11-10-12 10:35 AM
    Fido - right now...but you'll have to add BIS or get them to add it for cheap.

Smart Plans | Plans | Shop | Fido.ca
    11-10-12 03:42 PM
    I strongly recommend getting the 9900 on wind and selling the rogers branded, unlocked 9900.

That's one way to be able to use the funds to get one that works on wind/mobilicity/t-mobile's 3G AWS 1700 bands 1,4,8.

Rogers uses 1,2,5,6.
    11-11-12 08:30 AM
    Wind is terrible don't understand why so many people go there. Sure they offer unlimited plans for cheap but they have such terrible network coverage lol my friend got charged roaming in Mississauga?

Good luck with it though
    11-11-12 10:53 AM
    Wind is terrible don't understand why so many people go there. Sure they offer unlimited plans for cheap but they have such terrible network coverage lol my friend got charged roaming in Mississauga?Good luck with it though
    Looks like feedback needs to be provided for the mississauga area. No roaming for me in my area. :P
    11-11-12 05:01 PM
    to the person who says wind is terrible .I say this wind's network has improved quite a bit over the four years I have been with them . whats the point of having a smart phone when your data usage is almost nothing with rogers. and chatr charges you to pick up your voice mail via your phone . wind doesn't.
    11-10-13 07:05 PM
    Hi all

I am trying to make my way through the mine field of carriers and blackberrys, if anyone could provide some insight into a path through this maze I (and others maybe) would be thankful.
    There seems to be a difference between whether a carrier can connect to a phone by whether they support GSM or an AWS version of GSM?
    According to the specs, Wind mobile should be able to connect my Blackberry tablet to their system as they support 1900 and 2100 GMS and that is what the tablet supports, but my tablet can't connect to their network.
    This is because they are on the AWS network?
    But Wind mobile does sell a blackberry with 1900 and 2100 GMS on their network, the 9320. How can one blackberry with the frequency specs work on Wind, but another with the specs does not?
    Would the 9320 from Wind also work on Telus. Bell, Rogers networks?
    Has RIM made physically different phones for different carriers?
    I do not have a blackberry yet, but I am leaning towards the 9720, which is not generally available in Canada(where I am). Apparently there is someone selling a 9720 which is locked to Koodoo. So apparently Koodoo and Telus can handle the 9720. But according to what I have discovered I suspect that that phone would only work with Bell, Rogers, Telus, and not Wind Mobile, Public Mobile, Mobilicity, etc as Rogers, Telus, Bell work with AWS and GSM, but Wind etc only work with AWS.

This debate in my mind also concerns my blackberry tablet (4G LTE) and any blackberry phone I get.
    My tablet won't connect to Wind, but if I get a Wind phone, my tablet should bridge to it, non? Or would I be unable to connect(bridge) my tablet to my wind phone. As you can see I don't know enough about the technological differences between AWS, GSM, the various blackberries and my tablet. I am struggling! :-)

Ken
    11-16-13 10:01 AM
    I think they made a typo on the frequencies for the blackberry curve 9320. For one thing, it must support AWS 1700 and 2100 MHz. If those two aren't shown on the devices supported bands, or just one or the other, then it will not work with wind. If your playbook was previously sold at t-mobile, videotron, mobilicity or wind, then it will work.

Pentaband phones (Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30) will work with wind ONLY IF the supported frequencies are listed, that being AWS 1700 and 2100. The 9320 is not a pentaband blackberry. The 9720 probably isn't either, but testing your sim in it would help allot.

Hi all

I am trying to make my way through the mine field of carriers and blackberrys, if anyone could provide some insight into a path through this maze I (and others maybe) would be thankful.
    There seems to be a difference between whether a carrier can connect to a phone by whether they support GSM or an AWS version of GSM?
    According to the specs, Wind mobile should be able to connect my Blackberry tablet to their system as they support 1900 and 2100 GMS and that is what the tablet supports, but my tablet can't connect to their network.
    This is because they are on the AWS network?
    But Wind mobile does sell a blackberry with 1900 and 2100 GMS on their network, the 9320. How can one blackberry with the frequency specs work on Wind, but another with the specs does not?
    Would the 9320 from Wind also work on Telus. Bell, Rogers networks?
    Has RIM made physically different phones for different carriers?
    I do not have a blackberry yet, but I am leaning towards the 9720, which is not generally available in Canada(where I am). Apparently there is someone selling a 9720 which is locked to Koodoo. So apparently Koodoo and Telus can handle the 9720. But according to what I have discovered I suspect that that phone would only work with Bell, Rogers, Telus, and not Wind Mobile, Public Mobile, Mobilicity, etc as Rogers, Telus, Bell work with AWS and GSM, but Wind etc only work with AWS.

This debate in my mind also concerns my blackberry tablet (4G LTE) and any blackberry phone I get.
    My tablet won't connect to Wind, but if I get a Wind phone, my tablet should bridge to it, non? Or would I be unable to connect(bridge) my tablet to my wind phone. As you can see I don't know enough about the technological differences between AWS, GSM, the various blackberries and my tablet. I am struggling! :-)

Ken

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-01-13 06:57 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    further research shows the 9320 has two possible frequency sets, one is UMTS:2100/1900/850/800 which is the telus-rogers-bell system, and the other frequency set is UMTS:2100/1700/900 which would be the WIND and mobilicity frequency. no overlap except on 2100, but that is only good for either send or receive, not both.

Ken
    12-01-13 12:54 PM
    Yeah, the best thing is to test it with a wind sim just to be sure. If you bought the 9320 already from one of the big three, it won't work on wind.
    12-01-13 01:02 PM
    Well I ended up buying a 9320 from WIND, and it is working well. I have bridged it to my playbook, and used it to tether to my 9320 for internet access. nice.

Yeah, the best thing is to test it with a wind sim just to be sure. If you bought the 9320 already from one of the big three, it won't work on wind.
    12-05-13 10:15 AM