Hello all,

When can we realistically expect that an LTE network to come to Wind? 2017?

Just with the evolution of the devices (Priv, Passport, Z30 etc) These phones are fast, powerful and the large screens have the potential to be amazing phones on a LTE network.

I love the current Wind set up I have with the $40 a month plan but wouldn't mind the added speeds with an LTE network.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:04 PM
    Hello all,

When can we realistically expect that an LTE network to come to Wind? 2017?

Just with the evolution of the devices (Priv, Passport, Z30 etc) These phones are fast, powerful and the large screens have the potential to be amazing phones on a LTE network.

I love the current Wind set up I have with the $40 a month plan but wouldn't mind the added speeds with an LTE network.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I would think mid-2017. They're using the extra bandwidth they picked up from the Rogers/Mobilicity deal to improve their current network but that doesn't get fully transferred until December 29th, 2015. In all likelihood they'll use the spectrum they grabbed at the last auction for LTE, but as the government hasn't made up it's mind yet on how to deploy it, who knows how long it will be but I think 2017 is a reasonable guess.
    curves2000 likes this.
    10-29-15 08:27 PM
    Your current phone won't be able to use their LTE anyway, by rue tie it rolls out, you'll need a new device to take advantage of it. I just want them to decongest the network more.
    10-29-15 08:46 PM
    I would opt for improving the network over LTE now anyways. It's not bad, but there are some places indoors where I lose coverage... like my work, for instance. Or maybe that's just the band's they use?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 09:48 AM
    I would opt for improving the network over LTE now anyways. It's not bad, but there are some places indoors where I lose coverage... like my work, for instance. Or maybe that's just the band's they use?

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely the bands they use. Little they can do about that except increasing the amount of towers, which is one of the most expensive things they can do.

It would also help decongest the network, which is nice.
    10-31-15 10:28 AM
    For those of you mentioning the congestion of the network, just wondering how you can tell that's the reason? Is it just a matter of it being slow on the data side once in a while?

I guess I am not technically savvy to pinpoint the issue like that.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 02:32 PM
    For those of you mentioning the congestion of the network, just wondering how you can tell that's the reason? Is it just a matter of it being slow on the data side once in a while?

I guess I am not technically savvy to pinpoint the issue like that.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    One way I can tell the network Is congested, is sometimes when I try to make a call, I'll get a network busy message.

That and at peek hours, my data speed goes waaaaay down.

Around 2am it's fast, but around 5 pm it starts to slow down quite a bit

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 08:10 AM
    For those of you who are interested it appears that Wind has secured financing for their LTE network. The article states a time frame of 18 months for a rollout.

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/ne...ate=2015-12-10

Good read

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 10:44 AM
    Great, and WiFi calling?
    12-11-15 03:56 PM
    Didn't Shaw make an offer to buy Wind? I'm confused. In any case, I love Wind but I am a little frustrated at times with the slow data network.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 04:34 PM
    Hey mate, experiencing signal drops and Emergency Calls Only warnings too, just signed onto Wind yesterday for the $40 plan and left Telus after 16 years. Yeah, Shaw bought out Wind however, LTE won't come until end of the year or middle of 2017. I'm kinda disappointed I left Telus but saving $30 extra a month is sorta nice. Service should get better hopefully??
    01-31-16 09:46 PM
    My service was terrible at first...I was in one of their "expansion zones". But it did improve over time. I expect it will continue to do so. I've since added 2 more lines with them.

I also came from Telus. Wind is definitely not at that level to be sure, however saving $30 a month means I will put up with some issues here and there. My experience with their customer service has been better (once you get past the initial call center). If you tweet their customer help they can sometimes help out with network issues.

I'm hoping continued support will mean better service. I don't need to fastest, just would like better coverage.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 06:57 AM
    Sorry guys. I've been watching Wind since it launched. Lack of towers is par for the course. There is however roaming mode, check what the fees for roaming are.
    I also doubt plan prices will be honoured once Shaw settles in. Remember it is like gas station prices, they all agree together in the oligopoly what they will charge.

Towers do not spring up overnight. Yes Shaw has money but negotiating sharing agreements, new construction, etc all takes time. This is a years long project.

If you need data across a large area like I do, then Wind is not for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 08:05 AM
    The Shaw deal definitely worries me, but we will have to see.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 01:28 PM
    Shaw basically owns wind now.
    02-08-16 10:40 AM