With Wind offering a good deal on their cross country data package along with unlimited long distance calling to US & across Canada good move or bad. I use my phone for business across the country when travelling how good is their coverage. Is it just the big cities, what about small towns also. Tks

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:26 PM
    I think the problem is their coverage, but with Shaw trying to buy them it could very well change.
    12-22-15 12:42 PM
    Wind in the GTA is ok at best. There are lots of dead spots along highways in between cities like Toronto, Oakville, Burlington or Mississauga, Milton, Guelph. Fine when you're in but while travelling it can be a pain.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-22-15 01:54 PM
    Wind in Toronto have poor signal, I am with Wind Mobile for 2 years, basement, sub basement. Some time in the apartments too, hope that it will be fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 02:02 PM
    I just read a recent article in PC Magazine about Canadian carriers. The testing they have done shows that Wind has much lower download and up load speeds compared to the other carriers.
    Canada Now Has 4 Big Carriers, Too | Sascha Segan | PCMag.com
    12-22-15 02:27 PM
    With Wind offering a good deal on their cross country data package along with unlimited long distance calling to US & across Canada good move or bad. I use my phone for business across the country when travelling how good is their coverage. Is it just the big cities, what about small towns also. Tks

Posted via CB10
    Go to Wind's website and check out their coverage page.

Wind is only in BC, Alberta and Ontario, and only big cities at that. If you spend a lot of time outside their home zone, then it will not be a good choice for you. If you spend 95% of your time in their home zone like I do, the it may be something to consider.

While their home zone is unlimited, you will incur roaming charges when outside it. If they have any current plans with a monthly credit (that can be applied to pay per use charges like roaming), then consider those. I have a plan that gives me a $10 a month credit that covers me when using my phone outside their home zone, just to give you an example. Not sure what they have for plans right now, but that's all on their website.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 05:04 PM
    I switched from telus to wind about 6 months ago.

I'm happy with it, the unlimited data is nice. But it's a lot slower then telus was.

I'm mostly in my home zone, so I don't get much roaming charges, but when I do its mimimal, 5 cents a text or mb of data, and 15 cents a minute of calling.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 01:24 PM
    Telus in the GTA for me has been more than solid. Always fast, full bars and no dropped calls. Been w/Telus for years and never had issues.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-28-15 12:48 PM
    Obviously basements and sub-basements, some apartments will be a problem for windmobile or some carriers, but I learned to deal with it, and built my own dead zone index in my apartment whee it doesn't work. Lol

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    02-23-16 03:25 PM
    I also made the switch from Telus to Wind and that was about 4 years ago and I haven't looked back since! Their unlimited plans alone are enough for me, factor in their Canada wide and US wide plans and I'm sold! I have family all over and I never really have an issue with coverage unless I'm actually on the highway.. it used to be bad at beaches and Malls or even movie theaters but since about the end to the beginning of this year, it's definitely gotten a lot better!

CBin From MY BLACK Blackberry Passport! B-) #TeamBlackberry #WorkWide
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    04-09-16 06:45 PM