Apparently Z10 sold very well for first 6 months but sales plummeted after despite several price drops. Q5 never really gained traction. Q10 will not be replenished when inventory is sold down. Any thoughts of them carrying the Z30 have been quashed.

A sad day

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:43 PM
    Where is this info coming from?
    04-25-14 02:08 AM
    I was a consultant to WIND for a couple of years and have maintained contact with them since. Source is middle and upper management and a store manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 06:47 AM
    The Z10 had been out on Wind for about 17 months hasn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 06:51 AM
    The Z10 had been out on Wind for about 17 months hasn't it?

Posted via CB10
    They got it later than most of the other carriers, it must be about 13 or 14 months by now. I get that's ancient in technological terms but they still had a fair bit of inventory, especially with the Q5.
    04-25-14 06:57 AM
    I just checked their website and both phones have been pulled:

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-...utmk=252893065
    04-25-14 07:27 AM
    I don't think you can blame carriers for dropping BlackBerry from stores at least. If they aren't selling and BlackBerry won't even advertise the product, what are they to do?
    04-25-14 07:31 AM
    I don't think you can blame carriers for dropping BlackBerry from stores at least. If they aren't selling and BlackBerry won't even advertise the product, what are they to do?
    The issue isn't so much the dropping of the 2 devices, they are supposedly long in the tooth according to some, but it's in the way it was done, it was all rather sudden and unexpected, normally devices are given an EOL date or envelope of time before they're discontinued. The Q10 was selling better so it's come as a surprise to hear they're no longer replenishing stock. Once that's sold out that leaves precisely zero BackBerrys in WIND's inventory, what you have to remember is that WIND are/were a big BlackBerry booster, often running cross promotions with BlackBerry even when other carriers were shifting loyalties. BlackBerry themselves have also shown loyalty to WIND in various ways that other manufacturers were either unable or unwilling to do. With WIND finally confirming they won't carry the Z30 that probably means the Q20 isn't a slam dunk for WIND's inventory either.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 04-25-14 at 11:50 AM.
    04-25-14 07:59 AM
    The issue isn't so much the dropping of the 2 devices, they are supposedly long in the tooth according to some, but it's in the way it was done, it was all rather sudden and unexpected, normally devices are given an EOL date or envelope of time before they're discontinued. The Q10 was selling better so it's come as a surprise to hear they're no longer replenishing stock. Once that's sold out that leaves precisely zero BackBerrys in WIND's inventory, what you have to remember is that WIND are/were a big BlackBerry booster, often running cross promotions with BlackBerry even when other carriers were shifting loyalties. BlackBerry themselves have also shown loyalty to WIND in various ways that other manufacturers were either unable or unwilling to do. With WIND finally confirming they won't carry the Z30 that probably means the Q20 isn't a slam dunk for WIND's inventory either.
    Q5 and Z10 dropped by WIND Mobile-bb.png

Hmm trade in your phone...shows a blackberry...
    04-26-14 07:34 PM
    I was actually checking the website earlier. A friend wanted to change to Wind and get a Z10, guess what? She can't.

She stuck with her contract on Telus and paid a but load for it there.

For shame.

I'm using a Z30 that I bought and unlocked.

When dealing with Wind, just go in with cash, or avoid dealing with them if possible.

They are absolutely useless.

I do enjoy the service though. Just not the customer service.

Posted via Z69
    04-26-14 08:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB.png 
Views:	1179 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	266002

Hmm trade in your phone...shows a blackberry...
    It does show a 9900 being traded for a Q5. The trouble is the Q5 is no longer available through WIND. If you scroll further down you'll see the inventory list and it makes no mention on the Z10 or Q5 but still shows the Q10.
    04-27-14 06:49 AM
    Q5's would sell well if they were priced at 150$ like Koodo. I think Wind's cellphone prices have always been out of wack.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:48 PM
    Q5's would sell well if they were priced at 150$ like Koodo. I think Wind's cellphone prices have always been out of wack.

Posted via CB10
    They are actually pretty good most of the time, especially with BlackBerrys. When they first launched, the 9700 they sold was the cheapest in Canada for an outright purchase, this was before the "Tab". Jumping forward to the Z10 it was priced at $599 at launch, the second cheapest pricing where most had it at $649. The Q10 was $649 at launch, again the second cheapest outright purchase price. You're right about the Q5, though; at launch it was $399 where most were selling it for $349. They did drop that over the last few months to as low as $199 but by that time it was too closely priced to a Z10 @ $249 and even the Q10 @ $399. They've mostly been at least competitive to their competition.
    04-28-14 07:03 AM
    I think the Tabs have gotten so low on the low that it's almost not worth buying locked from Wind anyways.

Having said that, any uncommitted users will now go with Android rather than search for unlocked BlackBerry's that work on AWS networks.

Any word on lower EOL clearance prices? I'd pick up a Z10 for $200 or less if I could.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 08:00 PM
    I think the Tabs have gotten so low on the low that it's almost not worth buying locked from Wind anyways.

Having said that, any uncommitted users will now go with Android rather than search for unlocked BlackBerry's that work on AWS networks.

Any word on lower EOL clearance prices? I'd pick up a Z10 for $200 or less if I could.

Posted via CB10
    The store I visited after I heard about WIND dropping the Z10 and Q5 already had remaining stock packaged up and ready to ship out. I've never seen that before. Normally when a device goes EOL there may be redistribution to stores that may sell more of that device but I've never seen a device sent packing like this outside of a recall. Apparently the final price drop to $249 for the Z10 and $199 for the Q5 did nothing to encourage more sales so a decision was made to rid themselves of the issue. From what I hear there will be Z10s in their semi-annual "Gently Loved" sale, but no new unused inventory.
    04-29-14 06:31 AM
    If you're not against getting it unlocked, future shop should still have the telus Z10 for $200.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 06:36 AM
    So, being late to the party I was considering a Z10 and signing up with Wind just to find out the phone was dropped. I am still interested in Wind particularly for the price of the Canada/US coverage. So my questions are, have I missed the boat on the Z10 and should I wait for something else or is the Z10 still a prudent option for a phone?

The other issue is what specific version of the Z10 would I need to work on the Wind network? I know I saw it somewhere... As far as I can guess the version sold from directly Blackberry isn't compatible, but I'm not an expert by any means.
    06-12-14 04:33 PM
    So, being late to the party I was considering a Z10 and signing up with Wind just to find out the phone was dropped. I am still interested in Wind particularly for the price of the Canada/US coverage. So my questions are, have I missed the boat on the Z10 and should I wait for something else or is the Z10 still a prudent option for a phone?

The other issue is what specific version of the Z10 would I need to work on the Wind network? I know I saw it somewhere... As far as I can guess the version sold from directly Blackberry isn't compatible, but I'm not an expert by any means.
    I doubt that Wind wouldn't work. You need to take a look at the wireless bands supported on that network and compare.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    James Scott5 likes this.
    06-12-14 04:41 PM
    OK, so the Z10 was delivered today and I went to Wind and was set-up. Let's see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    06-25-14 03:08 PM
    OK, so the Z10 was delivered today and I went to Wind and was set-up. Let's see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    Good luck! WIND is not a bad carrier depending on where you are but they can be a tad frustrating at times with things like OS updates and such. For me, 99% of the time they're fine.

Enjoy your Z10!
    06-26-14 05:39 AM
    . So my questions are, have I missed the boat on the Z10 and should I wait for something else or is the Z10 still a prudent option for a phone?

IMO the Z30 is a much better phone, but the Z10 is very decent.

Also, the documentation of the Z10 that Bell, Rogers and Telus (BRT) sell states that it won't work on Wind's network, but that's false. My Z10 (STL100-3) is the same version that BRT sell, but it works perfectly on Wind's network. It also worked on Mobilicity's network.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 05:37 PM
    Well guys.. I had my Z10 for about a year and a half and earlier last week my phone completely stopped working to the point of not even starting up or anything ! Worst part is I do not have a recent back up and when I went in to change devices, as you guys already know they only had the Q10 to offer. I've fallen in love with the full touch and was hoping and praying the Z30 would makes its way to wind - another fail.

My question for you guys is what should I do !? I was told I couldn't just grab a new device and continue the 14 months I had remaining on my plan without starting fresh. Do I switch carriers !? Or is there a way I can do what I've been hoping and wishing of doing and get a Z30, unlock it and set it up on Wind.. And if so howww!!

Hopefully SOMEBODY sees this and can help brother out and I'm not Too, TOO late to the party!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-30-14 06:44 AM
    Why can't you just grab a new device and continue with your plan ? What plan do you have ? Otherwise, my suggestion is to get a new device from shopblackberry.com and continue with Wind. That's what I did. Although they did screw me by making 10.2.1.3175 available for my Z10 but not the new Z30 I got a week later. So now I can't use BB Link to copy my data from my Z10 to my Z30. :-(

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 10:51 AM
    Why can't you just grab a new device and continue with your plan ? What plan do you have ? Otherwise, my suggestion is to get a new device from shopblackberry.com and continue with Wind. That's what I did. Although they did screw me by making 10.2.1.3175 available for my Z10 but not the new Z30 I got a week later. So now I can't use BB Link to copy my data from my Z10 to my Z30. :-(

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression that I could grab a q10 and continue on with the remainder of the 14 months I had left. The reps that spoke to me told me that my only options are to pay off my tab and change phones which will then start an entirely new 2 years over. Only other option is to continue paying off my bill and tab for the next 14 months without a device.. Both horrible plans lol I'd like to get a Z30 tho and if o could unlock and use IG through wind I'd pay just about anything for that !!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-30-14 11:42 AM
    Oh, I forgot about the WindTab. In that case, it makes sense. It sounds like your best bet is to pay off your tab, buy a Z30 from shopblackberry.com (they only sell unlocked phones) and sign up for a new plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 11:54 AM
40 12