Hey guys - I just got the Q10 for Wind about 2 weeks ago - awesome phone love it!

Just one question - sometimes Wind home isn't available and I try to get reception so I look for Wind Away....but I can't seem to connect to a Wind Away zone. Is this normal?

When I look at my available networks, I see like 3 different Wind Away zones and none of them work. Why are there 3 different Wind Away zones and none of them work?
    12-26-13 12:15 PM
    If you want your phone to work in the away zone you must select your network to "4G & 3G & 2G". Keep in mind, they will charge you 20 cents a minute. I always keep mine in "4g & 3g" mode so I accidentally don't go into away mode.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:44 AM
    Ps... please select automatic for your network selection mode and make sure you have BlackBerry data set up on your account with Wind

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:48 AM
    Hey guys - I just got the Q10 for Wind about 2 weeks ago - awesome phone love it!

Just one question - sometimes Wind home isn't available and I try to get reception so I look for Wind Away....but I can't seem to connect to a Wind Away zone. Is this normal?

When I look at my available networks, I see like 3 different Wind Away zones and none of them work. Why are there 3 different Wind Away zones and none of them work?
    3Wind Away Zones = Rogers, Telus, Bell

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:51 AM
    If you want your phone to work in the away zone you must select your network to "4G & 3G & 2G". Keep in mind, they will charge you 20 cents a minute. I always keep mine in "4g & 3g" mode so I accidentally don't go into away mode.

Posted via CB10
    What?! Wind changes you for roaming data via by time?? Or are you just mentioning about voice calls charged while forgetting about roaming data??

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:53 AM
    Also remember that WIND will block roaming in a Home Zone to prevent accidental roaming. Roaming in a Home Zone used to occur in the first couple of years of WIND's existence in areas where they were still fine tuning the network and their signal was weak. After many complaints from people being charged for use in a Home Zone the block was initiated. Outside of the Home Zone roaming should be automatic and should lock onto Roger's 2G/Edge network, check your phone's settings:

Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network > Network Mode > 4G & 3G & 2G

This "should" work in an Away Zone, but check to see whether Rogers (WIND's roaming provider) is even broadcasting in your area. I had no Home or Away signal for 4 days due to the ice storm, all carriers were down as the towers in the local area (M1L) were frozen solid. If your network scan is not showing a Rogers signal, it may mean they're down for what ever reason.
    12-27-13 08:56 AM
    Try not to use it on Away. That's shorthand for their roaming services and will seriously push you some bills.
    12-27-13 11:55 PM