Hey guys I was checking for a friend he wanted to let get the BlackBerry priv but now I don't see any blackberrys any more are they not selling blackberry any more

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 02:32 PM
    Yeah, pretty much. I thought they might still have the Dtek50 in stores, maybe one or two sitting in the back, but they don't really sell them.
    02-19-17 02:51 PM
    Priv is over a year old. Well past it's 'shelf life' at most stores. They only have the DETK50 - https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...ckberry-dtek50
    02-19-17 02:52 PM
    2 stores I have been in don't have any of the Dteks any more as well

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 03:04 PM
    I told him to get the detk 50 but he said the reviews weren't that great

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 04:02 PM
    They seem to be running the DTEK50 out but if you ask at any corporate store they can order one in for you while stock is available. They never carried the DTEK60.

TBH with you, WIND/Freedom have a tendency to over price their devices to beyond that of MSRP especially BlackBerrys for some reason. They're selling the DTEK50 for $20 over the MSRP and will also charge you $30+ if want to unlock your device (this is claimed to be an admin fee as they suggest they don't charge for the actual unlock code). If your friend's looking to buy a new device outright, I would strongly recommend buying the device unlocked from Shop BlackBerry where both the 50 & 60 are on sale, or from Amazon where you can pick up the devices unlocked pretty 'cheaply' too.

DTEK50: Most Secure Android Smartphone – DTEK50

DTEK60: Most Secure Android Smartphone – DTEK60

*EDIT*

Just as a couple of examples of how bad WIND's pricing can be with BlackBerry, they were charging $399 for the Leap at a time everyone else had it pegged at $279, including Shop BlackBerry. The Priv started off at $50 over MSRP but WIND kept it at $899 even as the price went down elsewhere. It's odd, because when they started out, CEO Tony Lacavera swore WIND would never make money on hardware, just break even and for a while there they were the cheapest place in Canada to buy new hardware.
    Last edited by HelloNuman; 02-28-17 at 03:29 PM.
    02-28-17 07:49 AM
    Bought two dtek 50 from Freedom just in past month. Lovely

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.3.2205 Freedom Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    03-03-17 07:57 PM
    I tell people about ca.shopblackberry.com to get the devices if they aren't in stores anymore. Freedom mobile (then wind) doesn't even mind that, because it makes the most sense.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    03-16-17 07:56 PM
    Just checked Freedom page and DTEK50 has been pulled. I.e. Not out of stock sign just gone. Does this mean KeyOne or......?

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    03-18-17 10:24 AM
    Well Freedom say it's still for sale but can tell me why the photo of the phone on their website is of the back of the phone?

03-19-17 02:19 PM
    Well it seems something is going on, they had dtek50, then it was on the website but not in stock, then the photo of the phone was reversed, now there is no Blackberry at all. I think they might be done.

04-07-17 06:25 PM
    Just checked Freedom page and DTEK50 has been pulled. I.e. Not out of stock sign just gone. Does this mean KeyOne or......?

KeyOne likely won't be happening because it doesn't have Band 66. That also means we won't be getting VoWiFi since it has to be on a Freedom sold device (for now anyways).

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 02:25 PM
    Neither the KEYone nor any older model has Band 66, so don't expect anything from Freedom anytime soon.
    04-27-17 02:32 PM
    Yup I don't think this device is included in their business model. Oh well. Now if I could only find a place I could buy the K1 as I am with Freedom and would like a Canadian K1

04-27-17 04:19 PM
    Any news yet if the Motion is coming since it has band 66
    12-28-17 01:28 PM
    Any news yet if the Motion is coming since it has band 66
    You'll have to buy it direct from blackberry.
    12-28-17 05:01 PM
    Was in a Freedom store yesterday I asked about the KEY2, the CSR thought that it's a possibility as it has been mentioned corporately over the last couple of weeks. We'll see.

Not holding my breath as their support of older BB's has been awful.
    05-30-18 08:50 AM
    Is there any new news if the key2 is coming?
    Last edited by mitchy_mitch; 07-05-18 at 01:13 PM.
    07-05-18 12:03 AM
    Is there any new news if the key2 is coming?
    Freedom's CSRs won't commit one way or the other but it's clear they won't carry it at this juncture. The official carrier launch is today (Friday) and absolutely nothing from Fredoom except the sound of crickets chirping.
    07-06-18 03:20 PM
    Freedom's CSRs won't commit one way or the other but it's clear they won't carry it at this juncture. The official carrier launch is today (Friday) and absolutely nothing from Fredoom except the sound of crickets chirping.
    There's BlackBerry mobile for that. Outright full cost, well worth it. I never will purchase direct from the carrier due to updates being delayed (and this is a common occurrence between all carriers big and small).

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    07-06-18 04:22 PM
    There's BlackBerry mobile for that. Outright full cost, well worth it. I never will purchase direct from the carrier due to updates being delayed (and this is a common occurrence between all carriers big and small).

I've been using mobile services since the mid-80's in the UK and have always bought my devices outright. When WIND first started Tony Lacavera said they would never make money on devices and so it made sense to take advantage of their Tab program, since then they have consistently charged over MSRP for their phones and the advantages of Tab have been diluted. Plus, Freedom/WIND are very slow with OS updates no matter what device you choose, I've really enjoyed getting my updates directly from BB, often months ahead of the carrier updates.
    07-06-18 04:32 PM