I am in Burnaby, and always stay centralized to the city area of Vancouver all the way to Newton

My connection on my z10 is fantastic.

I have yet to have a dropped call, and surfing is great, except for the odd peak time slow down.

Wind has been great for me.

I made a great choice switching to them

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:37 AM
    Hey which model Z30 you rocking?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:38 PM
    Z30 can be purchased directly from BB via shopblackberry.com for $551. Unlocked, of course.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:16 AM
    Rocking the Z30 STA 100-5 on WIND and works beautifully!

The Paratek antenna is awesome, this phone is literally the best one to have on WIND for improved reception, highly recommended. I'm in Wind Home areas way more often now.
    mitchy_mitch likes this.
    04-13-14 05:42 AM
    Rocking the Z30 STA 100-5 on WIND and works beautifully!

The Paratek antenna is awesome, this phone is literally the best one to have on WIND for improved reception, highly recommended. I'm in Wind Home areas way more often now.
    I have the same model and also am with Wind. Am in Gatineau, QC so getting the Ottawa Coverage without problems. Even with the 350$ of fees I had to pay Rogers for the remaining 2 years left to my contract, it will be well worth it in the long run.

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-13-14 05:57 AM
    Had a chance to use the 15$ add-on for one month of unlimited roaming in the US over the easter week end.

First-off, I receive SMS notification from wind upon crossing the border that I could get the add-on easily by entering the right code, which I did. Oddly enough, Wind sent immediately a confirmation that 10$ had been taken for the add-on ( as opposed to the 15$)

However, the data did not work, only the phone did. Upon calling Wind, they said international roaming had to be turned on on my account from their end, (one time only)

After they did, it worked to some extent, but I kept having connection problems. I do not know if this was relates to how poor the cell coverage was where I was, (around Watkins Glen) but I did not find it a reliable solution to replace my beloved mifi(internet on the go) which I had to dust off to use.

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-22-14 02:53 PM
    So the z30 receives OS updates with wind even though they don't technically support it? Who does the phone roam with while in the USA? And is talk text and data all unlimited as part of winds new price plans? Trying to figure out if my dad is better off with wind or verizon as his carrier since he trucks in the states a lot for work

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:40 AM
    Yes I get OS updates with my BlackBerry Z30 on WIND Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 09:48 AM
    The latest update had yet to shoe on my Z30 with Windmobile, so I borrowed my wife' sim which is with Rogers, and bang! Got the update !

Sent using my ? Z30
    greenpoise likes this.
    05-29-14 08:48 AM
    I might just do that. WIND is very slow.

Posted via CB10 app using my BlackBerry Z30
    05-29-14 08:53 AM
    I might just do that. WIND is very slow.

Did you do it or did you end up getting the update with Wind?
    06-04-14 09:49 AM
    I didn't end up getting the update with WIND as yet and I haven't done the other way as yet either.

06-04-14 10:00 AM
    I didn't end up getting the update with WIND as yet and I haven't done the other way as yet either.

This gives a different sense to being "as fast as the Wind is" !

Sent using my ? Z30
    06-05-14 06:46 AM
    When BlackBerry releases updates to the carriers it's not just for the phones that particular carrier sells/has sold, it's for all the devices that would work with that carrier as BlackBerry realises that people don't just buy from the carriers anymore. Heck, BlackBerry even sells unlocked phones on their website! WIND also knows that people buy their phones unlocked from elsewhere these days and have encouraged that in the past with various incentives and plan rebates to new subs who bring their own phones. I wouldn't worry about WIND not issuing the update, it's more like when will they get off their arses and do it?
    06-05-14 09:25 AM
    This is exactly why I wish BlackBerry would do OTA updates, than if the carriers need to tweak things specific to them than so a carrier update. This is how apple does it, why wouldn't it work for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:51 PM
    This is exactly why I wish BlackBerry would do OTA updates, than if the carriers need to tweak things specific to them than so a carrier update. This is how apple does it, why wouldn't it work for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately BlackBerry doesn't have the power to be able to release updates how they would like to. Currently carriers see the BlackBerry update first, add their bloat-ware and then approve it, and they do it this way because they know they can. If BlackBerry had the same cache as Apple or Nexus then you can bet they'd much rather launch OTA directly to every user.

What is puzzling is WIND's bloat-ware are SIM based account tools so there's no need for them to stall the current launch like this as far as I can see.
    06-05-14 01:08 PM
    Slightly off-topic, but you guys seem to know about this stuff. Would a Verizon Z10 work on WIND? I've put in my WIND card and am only getting WIND Away where I would normally be getting Home.
    09-07-14 12:19 PM
    Only the T-Mobile version of the Z10 will work on Wind's network. I used to have a Z10 on their network (now have the Z30 on it). I'll try to dig up the box to give you the version number so you'll know which to look for in the future.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:08 PM
    I think it needs AWS as a frequency at least that's what the rep said, I bought a unlocked Z10 through BlackBerry and it worked. Maybe go on Verizon website and look at the specs or better yet, go into a wind store and get them to put in a sim card to ultimately see before you sign up

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 09:32 PM
    I think it needs AWS as a frequency at least that's what the rep said, I bought a unlocked Z10 through BlackBerry and it worked. Maybe go on Verizon website and look at the specs or better yet, go into a wind store and get them to put in a sim card to ultimately see before you sign up

Posted via CB10
    Haha, well I have the phone. Picked it up somewhere along the way. Was just interested in firing it up for the girlfriend..
    09-07-14 09:51 PM
    This is their on Tab ($50 plan) price. On the $30 plan its $499, outright $599. Insane pricing really. On Kijiji, new in box in the KW area are in the $250 - $300 range unlocked.
    Can't you just bring your own phone to the $30 contract?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:23 PM
    This is the version of the Z10 you'll need if you want to get a Wind account: STL-100-3 model number RFK121LW. This version was sold by Wind and Mobilicity in Canada and T-Mobile in the States. Not sure which version the other carriers in Canada offered, but you will need this version for Wind's network, otherwise you will be only able to to access their away network.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 07:52 PM
    The Z10 I bought for my uncle from the US shop BlackBerry site is also a STL-100-3 and that for surely works on wind as the rep tested it in store.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:00 PM
    My z10 is a slt100-3 formerly on Rogers and I am on wind.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:48 AM
    Currently running an unlocked Z30 STA100-5 using 10.3.0.1052 software, so far no issues. Just switched from Robbers last night, so will see how this goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:35 AM
61 123