Has anyone taken the plunge yet? How does it feel on the WIND network? Did you have to pay for a nano-SIM?
    10-02-14 10:13 AM
    I ordered the BlackBerry Passport and it should arrive hopefully soon.

I'll have to get a nano SIM and try it out.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-03-14 03:59 PM
    I unlocked a Telus passport and have it running on wind now. Everything works great. Wind has its issues but $39 for unlimited is worth the few wind hiccups. Worth noting your battery won't last as long on wind, was same as my z30. I did have to buy a nano sim

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:36 PM
    I unlocked a Telus passport and have it running on wind now. Everything works great. Wind has its issues but $39 for unlimited is worth the few wind hiccups. Worth noting your battery won't last as long on wind, was same as my z30. I did have to buy a nano sim

Posted via CB10
    How much was the SIM if you don't mind me asking? I'm find it extremely odd WIND would charge existing subscribers.

Posted Using a Z30 Via CB10
    10-03-14 08:46 PM
    Charge for what? A nano SIM?

10-03-14 11:18 PM
    Charge for what? A nano SIM?

Yep, they charge for all SIMs if you're not buying a device from them.

10-04-14 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    About the battery, I don't think Wind has Lte, so if you from network settings choose only 4G and 3G and 2G option the phone will stop looking for lte network and save the battery..

I did that when I went back home last year where they only have 2G, when I did this battery lasted hours longer..

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:30 AM
    Wind has no 2G.

Choose 3G and 4G option only.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:32 AM
    $25 for the micro, expensive, but I wanted my passport running on them asap

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:19 PM
    Regarding battery, my z30 (previous phone) battery life decreased by about 20% when I switched from koodo to wind last year. There is no LTE, it is 4G, that being said the signal can come and go with wind at times, and I'm guessing their cell towers require a little more juice from a phone to connect to. That being said with my passport I'm getting about 15-18 hours of usage before I drop below 10% with probably about 5-6 hours of on screen time, as it really has replaced my tablet when it comes to browsing. Its also new so I turn the screen on a lot just for the hell of it and swipe around...so that probably doesn't help battery life

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:23 PM
    $25 for the micro, expensive, but I wanted my passport running on them asap

Posted via CB10
    I just bought a new 3 n' 1 sim for 10$ at a factory wind store. This new Sim card is a regular, micro, and a nano sim (all in one) card

Posted via CB10
    BBM_BlackBerry Moe likes this.
    10-05-14 04:54 AM
    Hey if im not mistaken the model of your passport is the same as (shop blackberry) yeah ? I might buy from tellus if shopblack.ca continues to be out of stock

Posted via CB10

Edit: spelling mistakes
    10-06-14 02:15 PM
    I had a reception issue with my Q10 and the first thing they recommended was getting a replacement SIM. Walked in and got a 2 piece micro (apparently they are all three piece SIM's at Wind now). Walked in and walked out with a free micro/nano SIM for free.

The nano portion can be popped out of the micro and replaced into the micro easily enough.

It didn't fix my reception, but at least I got the nano SIM out of it.
    There is only 1 model for the Passport..there aren't variants.

10-06-14 02:20 PM
    I've got 2 on order but I still don't have a shipping date yet after over a week. Will report back when I finally get them (one's for my wife).

10-06-14 05:58 PM
    Wind has no 2G.

Choose 3G and 4G option only.

Posted via CB10
    Wind doesn't, but through roaming they do (may have changed now that we can roam on Rogers 4G network, but I would imagine that we still have access to the 2G network when the 4G is not available), so some people may want to toggle from 4G & 3G to 4G, 3G and 2G depending on where they are.
    Last edited by outside_the_box; 10-07-14 at 08:53 AM. Reason: adding quote
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    10-07-14 08:52 AM
    Wind does NOT have a 2G fallback network, that's rogers network, the roaming partner. Telling people to switch to 2G is foolish at most and will incur roaming charges (pay per use) for voice, text and data.

Keep it on 3G (they don't have a "4G" network, only your phone would say that), they do have DC-HSPA+ in most areas (such as downtown), so this way, you won't incur roaming charges.

Before using data or sending a text or making a call, ALWAYS make sure it says "wind home/WIND", just to be sure, if in the home zone. Also, rogers doesn't even have a 4G network, it's 3G rebranded (falsely) as 4G. LTE is a totally different frequency in the AWS spectrum altogether, wind doesn't have that. Some areas the speeds are super fast, others, average to slow. Slow means allot of people are using it, fast if few are using it. Freeloaders tend to impact on the speed for everybody, however.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    10-12-14 04:57 AM
    That's what I said, you're roaming when on 2g with Rogers(and now access to 4 G for roaming as well). Telling people to have it on 2G is not foolish as long as you realize that you are roaming. I personally don't take any phone calls unless it's important, make the odd text and like knowing that show I need to make a call, I can.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:44 PM
    Considering most phones will say "switch to 2G to save battery power" and some foolish misinformation out there, the average joe or jane wouldn't know if it induced roaming. If however it stayed on SOS, then they would put it back to 3G (4G/H+ on most models).

That's what I said, you're roaming when on 2g with Rogers(and now access to 4 G for roaming as well). Telling people to have it on 2G is not foolish as long as you realize that you are roaming. I personally don't take any phone calls unless it's important, make the odd text and like knowing that show I need to make a call, I can.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't a telus phone only locked to the telus network? Since Wind oprerates on the AWS frequency how does that work?
    10-22-14 03:15 AM
    Isn't a telus phone only locked to the telus network? Since Wind oprerates on the AWS frequency how does that work?
    If it's pentaband, chances are it will have those matching frequencies. Wind uses 3G (not 4G, which is false advertising by the big three and manufacturers don't help either. Lol) bands 1,4,8. If they all match, it works, even if they're the LTE frequencies, it needs to support 1700 and 2100 or it's not compatible.
    10-22-14 03:49 AM
    The phone itself might have been locked to Telus but it's pretty easy to get it unlocked. Heck, even Telus will give you the unlock code if you pay them for it. As Rootbrian suggests a device has to have the right network frequencies to be able to work on a certain carrier but in the Passport's case there is only one version to be had in North America meaning it can be brought from any carrier and it'll still work on WIND provided it's unlocked before hand.
    10-22-14 05:02 PM
    I just bought a new 3 n' 1 sim for 10$ at a factory wind store. This new Sim card is a regular, micro, and a nano sim (all in one) card

Posted via CB10
    Where might I find this factory wind store !? Would there be one on each city or is there a set location for this factory you speak of !!??

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-27-14 09:42 PM
    Where might I find this factory wind store !? Would there be one on each city or is there a set location for this factory you speak of !!??

I think what Mitch means is "Corporate" rather than factory. There are lots of corporate stores in the GTA but identifying them can be a pain, WIND doesn't make it easy. The best way is to use WIND's location map WIND Mobile | Find a Store , put in your postal code and any that are listed as "Warranty Centre" are generally corporate stores
    10-28-14 09:47 AM
    I think what Mitch means is "Corporate" rather than factory. There are lots of corporate stores in the GTA but identifying them can be a pain, WIND doesn't make it easy. The best way is to use WIND's location map WIND Mobile | Find a Store , put in your postal code and any that are listed as "Warranty Centre" are generally corporate stores
    Good looking out my dude !

11-01-14 01:29 AM
    I have a Backberry Passport bought from Telus. I wanted to unlock it and use it with wind. Also, I know Wind has different frequency than all other networks. Do you think it would be possible to unlock Telus Passport and use it with Wind. If it is how can I get it done.

Thanks
    Sushant
    01-01-15 02:07 PM
44 12