Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vodaphone India

Hi everyone,

I am in India until December (Kolkota) and I would like to keep in touch with my family using BBM (and e-mail), I would also like to be able to call/send texts to indian cell phones.

I am still with my contract in France (Sosh by Orange) and I am afraid I could loose my BIS configuration by subscribing to an Indian plan. (I could configure as many e-mail adresses as I wanted before but now I can only have one with Sosh, if I loose my configuration I may be loose the ability to receive one of my adress on my blackberry).

What type of plan do you advise me to take? only BBM? BBM + e-mail?

Can I just put my indian sim card in my phone and configure it or do I have to release mypin from orange?

Thank you for you help,

Jtflyer
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ask me :)

BBM with Mail plan sounds good and affordable but thats all i can suggest as I'm a new BlackBerry user myself. Hope a technical person can advice you on your problem. Maybe use a 2nd hand BlackBerry in India for Indian sim card/bis?

note: I only use BBM plan for Rs129/Month and sometimes BIS depending on whatsapp needs.
    CrackBerry User

You can just insert the new SIM (active BIS) in your BB and it will ask for your BB ID & password and that must be it .. Everything should be working i.e. BBM & e mail Also I'd suggest you to go for full BIS plan in India as they might charge you outrageous rate on browser/internet usage ..