Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

34 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vodaphone India

Hi everyone,

I am in India until December (Kolkota) and I would like to keep in touch with my family using BBM (and e-mail), I would also like to be able to call/send texts to indian cell phones.

I am still with my contract in France (Sosh by Orange) and I am afraid I could loose my BIS configuration by subscribing to an Indian plan. (I could configure as many e-mail adresses as I wanted before but now I can only have one with Sosh, if I loose my configuration I may be loose the ability to receive one of my adress on my blackberry).

What type of plan do you advise me to take? only BBM? BBM + e-mail?

Can I just put my indian sim card in my phone and configure it or do I have to release mypin from orange?

Thank you for you help,

CrackBerry User

51 Posts
    Ask me :)

BBM with Mail plan sounds good and affordable but thats all i can suggest as I'm a new BlackBerry user myself. Hope a technical person can advice you on your problem. Maybe use a 2nd hand BlackBerry in India for Indian sim card/bis?

note: I only use BBM plan for Rs129/Month and sometimes BIS depending on whatsapp needs.
    CrackBerry User

82 Posts

You can just insert the new SIM (active BIS) in your BB and it will ask for your BB ID & password and that must be it .. Everything should be working i.e. BBM & e mail Also I'd suggest you to go for full BIS plan in India as they might charge you outrageous rate on browser/internet usage ..