Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    PIN
    BALL. Fancy a game?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vodafone UK "SIM Not allowed". Anyone else having this problem?

Hello all, I am having the problem as stated above where my 9900 says "SIM Not allowed and SOS as my signal type. The only think that rectifies this is a battery pull but my BIS still goes through Wi-Fi fine. My girlfriend and friends with 9900's have had the same problem. I was wanting to know if any of you were having this problem or it's my general area? Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

No probs in the northwest all working fine !
    CrackBerry User

Sounds like the phone some how locked its self. To another carrer.

Did you get the phone from them? or bought it used?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I'm getting this to. We have 11 phones on our contract. All having the same issues all of a sudden.

Spoke to Vodafone and they have no idea.

Do you use a SureSignal?
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm in the South East, a few weeks ago my bb kept showing 'SOS' in red intermitantly.

I wondered if it was just the area where I am but it started to do the same at home the next day too.

I spoke to Vodafone and they sent me a new sim card which I need to register.

I'm not getting the enter sim card or similar though.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I thought it could be the SIM cards, but I replaced four of them and they are still having random issues.

I thought it maybe a problem with Vodafone SureSignal (i.e. hand-over from femtocell to standard cell) but I have had one user, who is never at the office, reporting this issue.

I'm also in the south east!!! Coincidence?
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (black)
    Platform: 6.6.0.236
    App Version: 6.0.0.668 (2949)
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by wizbit View Post
    I thought it could be the SIM cards, but I replaced four of them and they are still having random issues.

I thought it maybe a problem with Vodafone SureSignal (i.e. hand-over from femtocell to standard cell) but I have had one user, who is never at the office, reporting this issue.

I'm also in the south east!!! Coincidence?
    Yeah maybe a coincedence. Another thing I thought it may be is the .267 update.

Soon I will register my new sim aswell as updating to .342 and see if the problem is still there.

Well I say a problem, it hasn't affected me. Its just worrying incase it gets worse as it shouldn't do it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I'm still on 7.0.0.585 (Vodafone's official version) so I can't see it.

This is affecting me seriously, as I have 11 users with the same problem! All with differant BlackBerry's.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbit View Post
    I'm still on 7.0.0.585 (Vodafone's official version) so I can't see it.

This is affecting me seriously, as I have 11 users with the same problem! All with differant BlackBerry's.

I've installed the leaked os7.1 but isn't vodafone even going to be thinking of releasing 7.1 as an official download?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    PIN
    BALL. Fancy a game?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Sorry for late replies, I do have a sure signal, but it happens when I am not on it. Just randomly. So annoying! Got the phone new on contract, my SIM is an ancient Vodafone one though, and work to heck from being swapped so much... Might swap it soon...
    7200>8800>9000>8520>9000>9800>9900. If something's broken, a battery pull can usually fix it...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Sim not allowed:3

hello i have a Bold 9900 running on 5.0
    my phone is bought in the uk. vodafone uk carrier. it has been unlocked 6 months now.
    yesterday it was performing very slow so i tried to reboot it using QuickPull. it got an error so i just did
    the usual battery pull. after doing such, my bb just got "Sim Not Allowed:3"
    I can send/receive texts and calls but I cant use my wifi.
    is there a way to fix it? I hope you could reply. thank you