Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help with reported fraud on Vodafone UK

Last week my sim got intercepted ( i live in shared accommodation) and someone used my sim and ran up a 500 bill. Apparently they text and rang 0906 numbers. I spoke to Vodaphone who said they've never seen anything like it as the person using my date of birth, address and even knew my password and changed it, then reset my online details too and they're doing an investigation. They told me they could see the sim was put into a 'change of device' and another blackberry on wednesday and because of the change of device they can probably know who's imei used the sim. and on the imei alone they can tell me who's responsible and what to do next.
    Is this true? just i've read contradicting things on vodaphone's own forums and i wanted to know?

Global Posts
    10,494 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I'd be more concerned about whether they were going to reverse the charge.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

well they told me they would..but im more interested in finding out who did it, thats why i asked this question
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

anyone help???????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,078 Global Posts

"Intercepted"?? What does that mean? Stolen by someone who was not authorized? Report it to the police.

How would the other person know your information in order to change the details on your account? Sounds like some details are missing.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

having the imei wont help them in the sense of catching the person, it does however prove it wasnt you.

When a phone is sold the imei generally isnt noted (apple still do i think) as you can sell a phone on, buy phone for cash on payg with no details etc, so an imei isnt something that`ll link like a phone number. Also with vodafones systems (a year ago at least) they dont normally see the whole imei, the last number is always changed for data protection so they can tell its a diff imei to yours but not even which phone it is. The odds of them tracking down the person is near impossible, they`d prob have more luck with your online access over the imei way, but at least they`ve said theyre sorting your charges.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1