Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xTobyMc
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Does BlackBerry Internet Service Give Free, Unlimited Internet?

I recently got my BlackBerry Curve 9300 and I'm on Vodafone Pay as you go, I pay £10 a month for a text and web freebee pack but BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) takes £5 from that each month. The Vodafone Freebee gives me 500MB of internet per month.
    The thing I'm confused with, and I've searched everywhere all week is...
    Does BIS take away MB's from my 500MB or is the service completely unlimited and free to use? For example, If I was using BlackBerry's Facebook app, YouTube and BBM for a while would it be taking it away from my 500MB or does the £5 BIS pay for it?
    I contacted Vodafone and they didn't help much, from what they told me I still have 500MB left after using the internet for quite a while, and that means none of my MB's have gone down which suggested to me BIS is free, but their reply to me wasn't too in depth so I'm not sure. A good explanation would be great from somebody who ACTUALLY KNOWS the truth about BIS! Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

BIS does not add or subtract from your allotted bandwidth. It simply gives you access to BBM, push e-mail, and the BlackBerry browser. Any data service you use (BBM, web, e-mail, FB, Twitter, etc) uses your 500MB data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    AbuYazeedUK (08-22-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Different carriers do different things so they should tell you what plan is for example my carrier gives me free unlimited access to the internet using only the BIS Blackberry APN, which really means using BIS, i dont believe that this should affect your allotted 500mb per month, normlally if they give you data it should be through there own APN which you set in options>advance options>TCP
    CrackBerry Abuser

Virgin Mobile has unlimited text, BIS, email, and web for only $35/mo. i am not sure that is 'free' but it is unlimited, the cheapest in town here, compared to Boost who has a $60/mo bill for the same, AT&T still has a few hundred MB plan only for prepaid, and Verizon $50/mo for unlimited BIS access

DISCLAIMER: all prices above are for prepaid accounts only. i do not buy contract services so i don't look into those