Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bigbob417
  • 1 Post By ADFXPro777
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Virgin Mobile USA Getting Additional BB Models?

I am considering switching to Virgin Mobile USA and wondering if anyone has current knowledge about them getting additional Blackberry models this year?
    Last edited by wiggy11; 03-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    PIN

With the recent price drop on the 8530 I would guess the 9330 is coming soon, however, I wouldn't count on any others as nothing has been discussed and Sprint(who owns Virgin) doesn't seem to be offering a big selection for Virgin in the USA. Canadians seem to get the love from Virgin though!
    CrackBerry User

As it happens, I just last week sent them an email asking what, if any, new handsets were in the works. Reply came back "Cannot confirm any launches". Emailed back, asking if they could say what, if any, handsets were being CONSIDERED. Will let you know when I hear (read) back from them.

I'm also thinking the Curve 3G would be the next device they would go with. It's probably too much to hope for that they will eventually add a touch device, but a person can dream, can't he?

Update: Got a reply, basically "nothing to report, when there is, it'll be on the site, stay tuned". About what I expected.
    Last edited by bigbob417; 04-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    PIN
    797EFCAF-- Say you got from CB

I would love it if VMUSA got the new Curve or the Curve touch to add to their lineup. I would buy either of those in a heartbeat.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does Canadian Virgin Mobile sell the 9650? If so, could I get it from Canada & use it on Virgin Mobile USA & have everything still work properly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue81to View Post
    Does Canadian Virgin Mobile sell the 9650? If so, could I get it from Canada & use it on Virgin Mobile USA & have everything still work properly?
    No Virgin Mobile Canada is GSM, and Virgin Mobile US is CDMA.

& It might take a while for the Curve 3G to hit VM. The 8530 barely came when it was close to End Of Life with all the major carriers.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by californiablackberry View Post
    No Virgin Mobile Canada is GSM, and Virgin Mobile US is CDMA.

& It might take a while for the Curve 3G to hit VM. The 8530 barely came when it was close to End Of Life with all the major carriers.
    Verizon has indicated that they're almost done with the Curve 3G, so we might be getting it soon. Soon being, you know, maybe in '13.

darkangel07760 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

With the recent release of the Style to Boost and the new changes to VMUSA's prices, there is a strong chance we may get new models either later this year or by the middle of 2012.
    CrackBerry Addict

They're phone selection sucks. Aren't they coming out with the Motorola Triumph or is that Boost Mobile? Even Boost, who's parent company is Sprint also, has a better selection even though most of them are dumbphones but choice is better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armando175 View Post
    They're phone selection sucks. Aren't they coming out with the Motorola Triumph or is that Boost Mobile? Even Boost, who's parent company is Sprint also, has a better selection even though most of them are dumbphones but choice is better.
    Most prepaid/no contract-based companies have a limited selection, typically models that are a year or so behind the newest offerings. However, they offer low, monthly plans that offer excellent value and save you a lot of money over the long run.

For instance, VMUSA has an upcoming unlimited "everything" plan for $55 a month. If I went to Verizon to get the same type of plan, it would easily cost me around $130 a month, a difference of $75, or $900 in one year.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BBFXPro777 View Post
    Most prepaid/no contract-based companies have a limited selection, typically models that are a year or so behind the newest offerings. However, they offer low, monthly plans that offer excellent value and save you a lot of money over the long run.

For instance, VMUSA has an upcoming unlimited "everything" plan for $55 a month. If I went to Verizon to get the same type of plan, it would easily cost me around $130 a month, a difference of $75, or $900 in one year.
    That is true. I went to Verizon to check on prepaid plans for my Droid2 and they wanted around$ 95. That is ridiculous. On a two year contract it was $90. All this is excluding taxes and any other fees. I wish we had the option to bring any mobile phone to any carrier without jumping through all these hoops and loops.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,652 Global Posts

If you need an "everything" plan, the pre-paid providers are great. However, not everyone does.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

@Armando175 Verizon works well for customers that need extensive coverage, such as people in rural areas, mobile businesses, etc. But for the needs of most people, I agree, Verizon is just too overpriced.

@ADGrant VMUSA has other options if you do not need an unlimited "everything" plan. For $35 a month, you get 300 talk mins and everything else is unlimited. It's perfect for users that text and/or use lots of data. Plus, since there is no contract, you can always change your plan every month according to your needs.

lpnalda likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    PIN
    320FA7D7

@Armando175 Verizon works well for customers that need extensive coverage, such as people in rural areas, mobile businesses, etc. But for the needs of most people, I agree, Verizon is just too overpriced.

@ADGrant VMUSA has other options if you do not need an unlimited "everything" plan. For $35 a month, you get 300 talk mins and everything else is unlimited. It's perfect for users that text and/or use lots of data. Plus, since there is no contract, you can always change your plan every month according to your needs.

I love Virgin Mobile! Sure sometimes they have hiccups, but I'm guessing all carriers do. But yes!! Please a hot new BB model! I'm so jealous of the 'droid fans getting the Motorola Triumph. We should get a Bold. There's a guy who posted in VMUSA's fb discussion group that he'd heard a rumor, but it was denied by VMsocialCare on there. But who knows, I still dream about a Bold 9000 series