CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Virgin Mobile Canada - Problem with wifi/hotspot browsing on a Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi everyone,

I just switched over to Virgin on one of their Talk and Text plan with 100mb of data. I know I could use the browser on wifi prior to me switching over, but now I can't and have observed the following:

- With both wifi connected and Mobile Network ON: browser doesn't load but Facebook/Twitter/App World/Messages all work.
    - Wifi OFF and Mobile Network ON: Everything works as it should.
    - Wifi ON/connected and Mobile Network OFF: Nothing works.

I don't believe it's an issue with my router as I have many other devices connected to it via wifi without a problem, and the Bold shows it to be connected with good strength. Service Status shows the phone is connected to Mobile Network even when wifi is ON and connected, I did see Service Status connected to wifi for a split second today, but that quickly reverted back to Mobile Network after I turned mobile network and wifi on and off a couple of times to test.

Before I signed on with Virgin I had this phone on Fido PAYG with no data for a few days. Obviously none of the messaging functions worked as I was not connected to BIS, but at least the browser was able to connect to my home's wifi and that worked along with FB, App World, etc.

Could it be that Virgin pushed some service books that restrict wifi/hotspot browsing? Anyone else using a BB7 device on Virgin experiencing the same issue? I know some people over at the UAE have the same issue and it was due to their carriers, but I wasn't aware that this happened here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

have you reset your router?
    I do have the same symptoms on Bell sometimes, and I need to reset my router.

The error I get is something like
    Unable to Find Requested Server

99% of the time it is the router, and if you reset it, let me know if it fixes the issue.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    Thanked by:
    FuzzyFish (02-20-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks Fubaz, I just reset the router and it is working once again. I guess something just got hung up between the router and the phone, kind of odd that everything else was working except the phone though.

CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

yeah, its one of those weird issues I used to cuss at, and you figure because everything else is okay, that it all would be... but a quick reset fixes the issue!
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview