Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Where is the Curve 2 for Verizon??

I saw the post on CrackBerry about the new Gemini Curve which is GSM.

Any ideas when us CDMA folks will see a new Curve??
    "My house has many rooms. I occupy but a few. The rest go unvisited."
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Quote Originally Posted by CBRblackberry View Post

Please check other forums as to why release dates are not known by anyone. THis also applies to OS updates
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
    CrackBerry Addict

I hear May 13th will be an important date in Verizon land. Just got off the phone with someone who will be in on a special webcast that day. After that time we may have better info but until then some may be holding back for lte specs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDogs View Post
    I hear May 13th will be an important date in Verizon land. Just got off the phone with someone who will be in on a special webcast that day. After that time we may have better info but until then some may be holding back for lte specs.

I got a developers e-mail inviting me to watch a webcast on May 13th as well, but it said it was about tech specs on LTE....

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Dang! I thought that was the day that VZW was to announce they bought Sprint Will have to look forward to this day

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by scurvydlicious View Post
    I got a developers e-mail inviting me to watch a webcast on May 13th as well, but it said it was about tech specs on LTE....
    Right and that's what I am talking about. I think some might be holding back to see what music they will be dancing to before anything new comes out.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Right and that's what I am talking about. I think some might be holding back to see what music they will be dancing to before anything new comes out.

I definitely am. I have been eligible to upgrade since Jan, still waiting... sigh.
    CrackBerry Addict

I know what you're saying. The dancing I am thinking about is the developers. My thought is they may have some phones ready even with lte on them but need info so they can fine tune what they have and then we might see them. No need releasing a phone that will be obsolete in less than a year.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by lastraid View Post
    Dang! I thought that was the day that VZW was to announce they bought Sprint Will have to look forward to this day
    Why buy sprint all their customers are coming over anyways
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I know what you're saying. The dancing I am thinking about is the developers. My thought is they may have some phones ready even with lte on them but need info so they can fine tune what they have and then we might see them. No need releasing a phone that will be obsolete in less than a year.

Ooooohhhh, true. That would definitely be awesome. Verizon does keep saying their rollout of LTE is going to be aggressive. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Edit: This is a news article about the web conference, and it's from last month, so they've been planning this for a while Verizon Wireless Drives 4G LTE Innovation With Open Device Development Specifications
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 05-01-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Added Link and info
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I just noticed you're from CB. Are you on the north end? Or closer to Kure?
    CrackBerry User

you must be talking about the pluto 8930, who knows when that will come out..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Why would they release a Curve 2 when they have the Tour (Niagara) coming? Isn't that their Curve replacement?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtubbs06 View Post
    Why would they release a Curve 2 when they have the Tour (Niagara) coming? Isn't that their Curve replacement?

The Tour is actually a mix between the Bold 9000 and the Curve 8900... It's not technically the Curve replacement ( that would be 8930, if it's real ), but I'd much rather have the Tour than the Curve
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

I just noticed you're from CB. Are you on the north end? Or closer to Kure?
    towards KB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

towards KB
    Nice, I live towards Carolina Beach, around the monkey junction area.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry Tour?

Im still waiting on the blackberry tour to hit verizon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

well if CrackBerry is showing a new "Curve" the Gemini which is for GSM carriers where is OUR Curve? Shouldn't we be getting one in the near future?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default All I meant was...

The Tour is actually a mix between the Bold 9000 and the Curve 8900... It's not technically the Curve replacement ( that would be 8930, if it's real ), but I'd much rather have the Tour than the Curve
    Even though they decided to call it the "Tour", they could have just as easily branded it a "Curve 9630", heck they could still (unless they are already in mass production) decide to brand it as a Curve. The Javelin was re-branded as Curve 8900. The Gemini (according to the pics on the front page) will be re-branded as a Curve 8520. See what I mean.

Though not a "Curve" branded device like the 83XX, 8900, or newest (yet to be released) 8520 models, the Tour (IMO) would appeal to the same demographic as the "Curve".

The Curve / Tour are the same size (or at least appear so in the "Leaked" Pics) and form factor, have full QWERTY, buttons, etc.

Only reason I could see for not "replacing" the Curve with the Tour in the VZW BB lineup would be price.

I agree I'd rather have a Tour than a Curve, and (right now anyway) I'd prefer my Storm to the Tour, and the pictures of the 8520 are making wish they'd make a CDMA version of THAT Curve.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 05-01-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30b381a0

Quote Originally Posted by Weekendbum View Post
    Why buy sprint all their customers are coming over anyways
    eeeh it would give us more towers to work with *chuckles* but that is true, we do get a TON of sprint and t-mobile customers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Even though they decided to call it the "Tour", they could have just as easily branded it a "Curve 9630", heck they could still (unless they are already in mass production) decide to brand it as a Curve. The Javelin was re-branded as Curve 8900. The Gemini (according to the pics on the front page) will be re-branded as a Curve 8520. See what I mean.

Though not a "Curve" branded device like the 83XX, 8900, or newest (yet to be released) 8520 models, the Tour (IMO) would appeal to the same demographic as the "Curve".

The Curve / Tour are the same size (or at least appear so in the "Leaked" Pics) and form factor, have full QWERTY, buttons, etc.

Only reason I could see for not "replacing" the Curve with the Tour in the VZW BB lineup would be price.

I agree I'd rather have a Tour than a Curve, and (right now anyway) I'd prefer my Storm to the Tour, and the pictures of the 8520 are making wish they'd make a CDMA version of THAT Curve.

Let's go back to the BOLD and STORM.

BlackBerry.com had the Bold on their website for what at least 4 months before it hit the shelves.

BlackBerry.com had the STORM on their website for how long before it hit store shelves.

If they held the same sort of pattern for the 9630 (which is not on their website) we are looking at months and months before we see that handheld.

I think it would be easier to slide in a new Curve 2 or Pluto or 8930 into the CDMA hands. We got the STORM first but that has been the only new phone, if you don't count Alltel getting the Pearl Flip, we have gotten out of their new mix to date. And with Verizon Wireless bigger than AT&T now with the purchase of Alltel shouldn't we get a few new phones already...

That's just my thoughts on it
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lastraid View Post
    Won't happen.

Sprint has nothing Verizon wants, especially now that the ALLTEL acquisition is being completed.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,759 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

I would look at the 9630 more as an 8830 WE replacement rather than a curve replacement given its market for world capabilities and its keyboard look
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do I tune into this may 13th webcast?

PIN
    NED To A Wall

I Beleive if you are not an employee, you will not get to see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast