CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What are dummy ESN numbers and how do they work? why get one?

I've read on here a couple times about dummy ESN numbers. The post I read never said why get one, what they did. So, I thought I'd ask you guys. Now know this. I'm no computer guy. So, please, no technical terms or computer talk. Tell me in english! LoL yes dumb it down..lol I've asked a few friends and that's all I get. They tell me the technical terms and I still don't get it. Maybe they explained it wrong..lol I'm just curious. Does a dummy ESN make it to were I can have two phones on one line? Sharing the same number? Or is it a way to temporarily transfer between devices..turning one on before turning the other off? Thank you for any input I get!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

A quick Google and I get...

You could always use the dummy ESN number which is 13800111111. This dummy esn is usually used by VZW CSR's when someone wants a line to stay active without a phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,128 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

I opened a new line to get a new phone at 2 year upgrade pricing. I didn't want to pay for two smartphones on my family plan especially for a line I don't use (since I only opened a new line just to get a new phone). You get a dummy ESN to hold the line active without have to have an actual cell phone activated on the line. Its just a place holder.

CrackBerry Abuser

Pretty much what they said. Every phone number has to be linked to a phone/device (by it's ESN). This is a way to keep a phone number open without having a real live phone. It's essentially a way to trick the system by using a fake phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez37 View Post
    Pretty much what they said. Every phone number has to be linked to a phone/device (by it's ESN). This is a way to keep a phone number open without having a real live phone. It's essentially a way to trick the system by using a fake phone.
    thank you! That's kinda what I was thinking..along those lines..lol