Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy VZW Iphone Data Speed

I picked up a Iphone about 2 weeks ago. I love the phone and cant believe I waited this long to get one. Service has been great and fast enough for my liking up until yesterday. Starting yesterday my internet/data speed has been horrible to the point where its starting to be unbearable. Even though Ill be on 3G and have 3-4 bars of service, pages take about 20-30+ seconds to load. The facebook app takes about a minute sometimes more to log me in depending how many pictures have to get loaded. If I switch over to wifi, it feels like im on a 4g network. Problem is that I dont have wifi where I use my phone most and im paying 29.99 for this 3G. I tried the *228 option 2 and even factory resetting the device with no luck. Im on a unlimited data plan and since I got the phone I've wasted about 900mb. Anyone else experiencing this kind of slow? Funny thing is that the phone at times will go to 1x and is actually quicker then when its on 3g, thats how slow. Anyone know anything that can be causing this or anything else I can try. I came from a blackberry and never had a issue with data speeds on it like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

I don't know what you can do. It might be your area. My i4 has been fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnly View Post
    Yeah, it is! Jennels first post is gold.
    @missjennell
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Have you contacted VZW? There may be a known problem in your area.

Ours is as expected. VZW's 3G isn't very fast, so the iPhone is very slow compared to the 4G ThunderBolt, but not at all like you describe. I'd make a call to VZW...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

It may be a problem as was mentioned. If it is going into 1x that is a network or phone problem.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,019 Global Posts

Data speed varies. I used to think there were data issues going through RIMs servers, but at times my ipad is just as fast/slow as my Blackberry.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

A fanatic is one who won't change his mind...or the subject.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

Does your iPad use 3G? Sometimes I've noticed that the speeds are slower during the day too so that may make an impact. If you are on say at 2 A.M. you would pretty much have the tower to yourself.
    CrackBerry User

Verizon also imposes a throttle to the top 5% so seeing how you claim you're at almost a gig in two weeks you may very well meet the requirements for that throttle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Download the speedtest app and see what you get for results, and post them here. It should be around a few mb download, and around 1 or 2 mb upload. (if you have full service)
    CrackBerry User

With Verizon?! No it shouldn't. Verizon's 3G is at max 1.4 mbps and up is max 500 kbps. I have Verizon an you can check their 3G speeds that are listed on their website. Other companies 3G speeds are quicker bit their connection success rates are poorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Sorry, early am morning posts = me not reading them completely haha