Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon Store "Bouncer"

I've had my Curve since May. I did a battery pull last week. The next call that I made after the battery pull, the battery door cover fell off in my hand while I was talking. What the? After I hung up, I slid the cover back on assuming that I didn't get it to "click" just right when I slid it on. Then I noticed that the tiny chrome button that you press to remove the door was GONE. Of course, I was standing in my friend's back yard in the grass when I did the battery pull, so there was no chance of finding that tiny chrome painted plastic. Thats where it must have fallen out. I don't think it would be possible to fall out with the battery cover completely closed.

I put a rubberized case on my Curve to hold the battery cover in place. I just happened to have the case. I used it for a week and I hate how it makes my Curve stick in my pocket. I'm glad I have it now, though, to keep my Berry together.

I went to the Verizon Store tonight and showed the "greeter" customer service guy what was wrong and he said that the phone could not be fixed. He asked me if I the phone is insured. I said YES, but through my homeowner's policy. The phone still functions. I don't want to make a claim because the plastic battery door clip fell out. He said that there was nothing he could do for me.

I said "what about the fact that I got the phone in May and it's still under warranty?" Then he said "go ahead and sign in on the computer and wait until they call your name." One minute later they called my name and I have a new Curve being shipped to me at no cost.

I feel like they will try to get rid of you if they can. If I hadn't spoken up about the warranty, then I'd be taping my Curve's battery door shut every time I do a battery pull for the next 21 months. I was kind of irritated about that. I wonder how many people with a warranty get turned away because they forget, or they don't persist, or be somewhat of a pain in the **** like me?
    Michelle
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    319F4929

Sounds like a lazy, minimum wage worker to me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by V3NZ3L View Post
    Sounds like a lazy, minimum wage worker to me...

actually he makes about 12$/hr lol
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me for it

same thing happened to my curve...
    read this thread

I also went ahead and purchased 2 (yes 2) of those battery door clips from cnn.cn just to be safe. While I feel I'm extremely lucky for getting a new curve twice (instead of a factory refurb), I'm not going to chance it again. I've realized that this small piece is extremely cheap and its not a matter of if, but when it will fail again.
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    14,989 Global Posts

yep happened to me too. but didn't has to put up with the little kids at the store....

They hire people that even have trouble explaining how to log into their system.. geeeze...

I never sign in and still get help

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me for it

same here. I've never signed in at a corp store.

Quote Originally Posted by yester18 View Post
    yep happened to me too. but didn't has to put up with the little kids at the store....

They hire people that even have trouble explaining how to log into their system.. geeeze...

I never sign in and still get help
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,717 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B7C519

the person that most likely greets you at the door dont know anything
    their job is to greet
    in my experiance ive gone and went straight to the computer sighned in myself and alsways speak to the tech ppl
    It Is what It Is... so take it or leave IT!!!
    http://twitter.com/bx2md
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    cushion

I've never had a problem with those guys....sounds like a rude kid.
    OS 4.5.0.138
    DM 4.7
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B75E62

I've never had a problem when I took my 8830WE in to Verizon. They were more than willing to exchange it for me, even AFTER having it for like 6+ months. Its insured as well, but they just swapped it with a brand new one from the store.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z

I've never really had what I'd consider a problem. Many of the stores I've been to all require signing in. I dont mind that at all. There are usually so many people in & out - who the h377 wants to get into a squabble over who was here before the other.

I dont recall ever seeing any cases in which exchanges werent made because a person HAS insurance. I have seen people leave the store empty handed b/c they didnt have any. What I dont understand though is this - insurance or not, as long as the phone is STILL under warranty, what difference should it make it you have insurance or not?
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    14,989 Global Posts

Depends if they see it as, the device damage was caused by you, and not a manufactured defect... that is the difference I have seem them use...

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z

Quote Originally Posted by yester18 View Post
    Depends if they see it as, the device damage was caused by you, and not a manufactured defect... that is the difference I have seem them use...
    & that point I truly get. If the damage is self imposed, then a person should be SOL. But when its not, I've still seen people go through the hassle of getting it exchanged under warranty.
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

We don't have a male "bouncer" at the local VZW store here, she is um, let's say, uh, better looking than your average every day run of the mill woman. WOW. Heh, and she is nice, and super helpful too.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    PIN
    Can You Hear Me Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    We don't have a male "bouncer" at the local VZW store here, she is um, let's say, uh, better looking than your average every day run of the mill woman. WOW. Heh, and she is nice, and super helpful too.
    hehe VZW does hire beautiful greeters!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

this same issue happened with me, the button fell off so the door wouldn't stay on. I told the guy in tech support about it and he told me that the door and key buttons aren't under warranty so i told him that I kept taking the back door off to do hard resets because the phone kept freezing and getting slow.....

2 days later, new phone.
    CrackBerry Master

So the greeter didn't know how to do the technition's job? What a shocker.

Did you ask them about the intricacies of the spectrum modulation for LTE as well?

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nslasha View Post
    actually he makes about 12$/hr lol
    And he has a pointless job. What the frack is Verizon thinking of hiring "greeters". Frack your greeter and your silly sign-in terminals. Keep the $12/hour you give those losers and unlock GPS instead. Give your customers what they want... we don't want an overpaid loser at the door telling me how to spell my name on a touchscreen. :rantover:
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    31B15B7A

Same thing happend to my 8330. I walked into verizon with my laptop they gave me a new berry on the spot I synced my new one in the store and I was up and running before I walked out of the store. They couldn't have been more willing to help me.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    And he has a pointless job. What the frack is Verizon thinking of hiring "greeters". Frack your greeter and your silly sign-in terminals. Keep the $12/hour you give those losers and unlock GPS instead. Give your customers what they want... we don't want an overpaid loser at the door telling me how to spell my name on a touchscreen. :rantover:
    you'd be surprised how many ******* walk into a verizon store and wander around like lemmings until someone grabs them by their hand lol.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    PIN
    310B8410

I still prefer the stores with the terminals, rather than the greeter. Maybe it is because I like that they don't seem to ask you as much in those ones if they can help me, because they figure I was able to read the huge sign that says, Sign In Here, with a big arrow. But I have seen the lemmings as you put it as well
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -- Thomas Jefferson

Twitter me

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by nslasha View Post
    you'd be surprised how many ******* walk into a verizon store and wander around like lemmings until someone grabs them by their hand lol.
    Ahh yes, the other 92.5% of the world. lol

I do agree, some people do need major help. I guess I'm just peeved at VZW for some of the stuff they do. I get anoyed too by constantly being asked if I need help, be it at a Best Buy, VZW, whatever. It's weird, most people think they don't get enough attention when you don't ask them for help, I'm the opposite. If I need something, I'll ask.

I'm actually thinking of making some novelty T-Shirts that I can wear whenever I go to these places. What do you think of the following.

I'm a deaf/mute. Don't ask me if you can help, you won't get a response.

I know more then you do about the products you're trying desperately to sell.

I ran out of vinegar and used honey instead today. That explains why you're constantly asking me if I need help.

I don't think it would be a good idea to ask me if I need help until you read the other side of this shirt... (the other side of course says the same thing. lol)

There will also be an option for a disclaimer add-on for each of these shirts. It will be under each qute and say... It doesn't surprise me that you couldn't even follow the simple instructions on this shirt, or is it that you just can't read?
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    14,989 Global Posts

lol nice!!!!!!

CrackBerry User

Ahh yes, the other 92.5% of the world. lol

I ran out of vinegar and used honey instead today. That explains why you're constantly asking me if I need help.

I don't think it would be a good idea to ask me if I need help until you read the other side of this shirt... (the other side of course says the same thing. lol)

There will also be an option for a disclaimer add-on for each of these shirts. It will be under each qute and say... It doesn't surprise me that you couldn't even follow the simple instructions on this shirt, or is it that you just can't read?
    LOL. That's awesome. I really like the fourth one.
    dummy for life!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,368 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not on the first date!!

Talking

I'm actually thinking of making some novelty T-Shirts that I can wear whenever I go to these places. What do you think of the following.

LOL... LOVE IT!!! Send us an ordering link once ya have it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast