Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Verizon Price Match?

Hello
    I was wondering if Verizon priced match say wirefly.com? They have the Incredible for 149.99?
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

Nope. They do not match pricing of 3rd party retailers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks! I want the DI!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by beringersd View Post
    Hello
    I was wondering if Verizon priced match say wirefly.com? They have the Incredible for 149.99?
    Thanks
    They won't even price match another carrier for phone or plan. They don't call them Big Red for nothing.
    Newly Abused, Permanently Addicted
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

VZW doesn't even price match it's own sales on the site when you call in to place an order.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    7,593 Global Posts
    PIN
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by babyface35762 View Post
    VZW doesn't even price match it's own sales on the site when you call in to place an order.
    lol that's crazy well I guess they refues matching stuff then

CrackBerry Addict

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by kwkid View Post
    They won't even price match another carrier for phone or plan. They don't call them Big Red for nothing.
    Yeah because all carriers have the same phones with the same exact features.....and carriers can change their plans at any time right? Educate yourself before you make ridiculous statements.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post
    Yeah because all carriers have the same phones with the same exact features.....and carriers can change their plans at any time right? Educate yourself before you make ridiculous statements.
    What is ridiculous about my statement they don't price match. I wasn't slamming them, I was stating a fact. I've wanted to switch to Verizon due to better coverage, but they won't come close to the price and plan I have with ATT. As far as your statement:

all carriers have the same phones with the same exact features

That's strange, I don't see the iPhone anywhere but ATT, and I don't see the Storm 2 but a couple of carriers. As far as features, you are incorrect there also. With the 8530 you can have GPS, but with Verizon it is disabled unless you pay them an 10 bucks a month from what I understand, but not from Sprint. Also, the 8520 on T-Mobile can do UMA but the same phone with ATT cannot. So as you said, you may want to educate yourself.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

Best Buy matches prices and the NE2. I got my Incredible for 100 bucks.

CrackBerry Master

What is ridiculous about my statement they don't price match. I wasn't slamming them, I was stating a fact. I've wanted to switch to Verizon due to better coverage, but they won't come close to the price and plan I have with ATT. As far as your statement:
    Why don't you tell AT&T to coverage match and see how far that gets you....
    Perseverance, against all opposition
    Crushing all limitations
    Pure strength through solitude
    Discipline and determination
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by itsthemusic View Post

all carriers have the same phones with the same exact features

That's strange, I don't see the iPhone anywhere but ATT, and I don't see the Storm 2 but a couple of carriers. As far as features, you are incorrect there also. With the 8530 you can have GPS, but with Verizon it is disabled unless you pay them an 10 bucks a month from what I understand, but not from Sprint. Also, the 8520 on T-Mobile can do UMA but the same phone with ATT cannot. So as you said, you may want to educate yourself.

Its called sarcasm kwkid.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    7,593 Global Posts
    PIN
    n/a

With the 8530 you can have GPS, but with Verizon it is disabled unless you pay them an 10 bucks a month from what I understand, but not from Sprint. Also, the 8520 on T-Mobile can do UMA but the same phone with ATT cannot. So as you said, you may want to educate yourself.
    Actually most/alot of GPS app work on the vzw curve2 8530, storm2 9550,tour 9630 and upcoming bold2 9650 its not locked like it is for the 8330. You need a puck to use some gps apps(because gps is locked except for a couple on the 8330) , the blackberrymaps is unlocked on 8330 and you can use vzw navigator for 10 bucks as you mentioned a personal choice there

But you do not have to pay VZW 10 bucks a month to use GPS stuff on :curve2 8530,tour 9630, storm2 9550, or bold2 9650.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 05-19-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    ...... only cool people use android,
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNC View Post
    Actually most/alot of GPS app work on the vzw curve2 8530, storm2 9550,tour 9630 and upcoming bold2 9650 its not locked like it is for the 8330. You need a puck to use some gps apps(because gps is locked except for a couple on the 8330) , the blackberrymaps is unlocked on 8330 and you can use vzw navigator for 10 bucks as you mentioned a personal choice there

But you do not have to pay VZW 10 bucks a month to use GPS stuff on :curve2 8530,tour 9630, storm2 9550, or bold2 9650.
    Storm one gps works as well,,, at least as far as bb maps goes,,, have not tried a 3rd party one,,,, any suggestions on that?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    7,593 Global Posts
    PIN
    n/a

Yes the bb maps work on the storm , I dont "think tho the gps is unlocked for the storm on other 3rd party apps like the newer vzw berries mentioned in the above post in this thread tho .

The bb maps and vzw navigator is all the GPS apps that a 8330 is able to use(unless you purchase a puck) , I think the original storm is the same but not positive about that ,,,someone who has a storm or knows can tell you for sure on that .
    ...... only cool people use android,
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

The S1 was the first BB on VZW to have the GPS unlock completely. You can use 3rd party apps with no problem.
    Apps: BB Maps, Google Maps, WeatherBug, Facebook, UberTwitter, Google Sync, QuickPull Lite, Blackstar, T4BB, Kindle for BB, Opera Mini, fiosTV, Poynt, Geocache Navigator
    Launchers: App Store
    Games: BrickBreaker, Word Mole, Dots
    Theme: Default Precision Zen Theme
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by champr View Post
    The S1 was the first BB on VZW to have the GPS unlock completely. You can use 3rd party apps with no problem.
    Any suggestions on a good 3rd party app for the s1,,, i use maps, and dont have much of a problem, cause it is usually just to see destination, but would like an app that talks to you.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    Well played.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by vatothe0 View Post
    Well as I said, I would switch, but I don't see enough dropped coverage on ATT to constitute a 22% increase in price. It's a numbers game and it only effects me when I travel, which fortunately I don't do much anymore. Here at home, Atlanta, ATT actually has better coverage than Verizon, but we are talking dead spots, not bad coverage, and both have them, just Verizon a few more than ATT. I also prefer a GSM phone over CDMA as I do travel to Europe and it is much easier to just slide in a SIM versus swapping my phone for the trip, so that coupled with the price increase keeps me with ATT.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Feeeeg View Post
    Its called sarcasm kwkid.
    Im glad someone got it. I figured the person i quoted wouldnt get it.