Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

OK, I finally got an email reply from a VZW CSR:

Email:
    Good afternoon Brent,

I am really excited and waiting for the release of the new Blackberry Z10 as well as the Blackberry Q10 myself. So I can only imagine how excited you are for these phones. My name is Bob and I will be happy to assist you.

Currently at this time we have no further release info on these devices. Currently Blackberry 10 is only available outside the US. I have read some news updates stating it should be release in the US sometime this March, but Blackberry has not confirmed or denied these rumors. I really wish they would give us a date already for the devices.

I am signed up for the new launch emails as well and I have not received any as of lately. Normally when they become closer to launch emails will start going out again. I would just keep checking our website periodically until we have a confirmed release date.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to reply back to this email or call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611 from a Verizon handset.

Brent, it was a pleasure assisting you today. I also want to thank you for being part of the Verizon Wireless family and you have a great week.

Sincerely,

xx

Looks like this guy is putting it off on BB? Who knows.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Now it looks like Verizon is going to wait till April and release the Z10 and Q10 together
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts

Meanwhile, back at the verizon ranch . . . .

I spoke with our store manager today who said the blackberry rep told her that verizon has not even signed a contract with blackberry yet and that they had no idea when (or if) it would come.

Now I'd take that with a truckload of salt since I know they want to sell a device today not some future device, however it is discouraging nonetheless . . . although this is the same manager who was touting the razr maxx because 'its got this bulletproof teflon coating on the back' . . smh
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  

Default Re: Verizon blackberry z10

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post

I spoke with our store manager today who said the blackberry rep told her that verizon has not even signed a contract with blackberry yet and that they had no idea when (or if) it would come.

Now I'd take that with a truckload of salt since I know they want to sell a device today not some future device, however it is discouraging nonetheless . . . although this is the same manager who was touting the razr maxx because 'its got this bulletproof teflon coating on the back' . . smh
    Sounds like both the BlackBerry Rep and the manager both fell off the turnip truck. Verizon already had the contract for the phone. I've already seen some material floating around internally for the phone. I'm sure the company is still in the testing phase for the phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    revtech (03-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post

Will definitely have to call BS on this manager for the fact that Verizon is known to have a exclusive launch of the White Z10. I wouldn't think they would be able to get this exclusive agreement without signing something. I may be wrong, but just doesn't add up in my book.
    ctuffy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,627 Global Posts

I was told by a Verizon rep that the release of the New Z10 is uncertain, but take a look at the Android SG3...........so I did .....PERIOD!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I was told by a Verizon rep that the release of the New Z10 is uncertain, but take a look at the Android SG3...........so I did .....PERIOD!
    Isn't it possible that this rep just wanted to sell a phone that day, and since the Z10 isn't available, he/she said the company line of uncertainty, and then suggested a phone that is available just to get the sale that day?
    CrackBerry Newbie

This wait is getting painfull. I'm fortunate engough to have my phone provided thru work. I've have been eligible for an upgrade for 4 months now but I am nursing my semi broken Curve along and holding out for any type of 4g Blackberry. The Z10 looks great but all I really care about is that it has 4G. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a 3G Bold or Curve for the next 2 years. I really hope this phone gets released and approved by my company before my old one breaks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Default Verizon blackberry z10

I have been waiting to upgrade for over a year now. Just rocking my 9930 until that time comes. Woot woot Cant wait for the Z10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Sam's Club. Galaxy Note 2 for Verizon $98.88 on a new 2 yr. contract. Too sweet a deal to pass up. I'll check back in with BB in 2 years to see if they got their stuff together.
    frifred likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Just got this email from my Verizon rep....

"The Blackberry 10 is rumored to come out mid march but yes I will definitely let you know when they are going to come out. I actually had two people from RIM come in with the Blackberry 10 and the phone is AMAZING! Can not wait till it comes out!"

At least they sound excited for it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

Also the rep i talked to at my Verizon store said a BlackBerry rep did come and show a Demo of the Z10. He was excited about it. He had some misinformation. He was calling the device itself a BB10 and not a Z10 but still this to me is progress.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry User

There's a verizon store near my home in Chicago and I have bumped into some reps in a few local stores in the neighborhood and all have said they started the z10 training this past weekend and said there's no set date but they're expecting the z10 no later than the 3rd week of march with preorders a week prior. Unlike some people who have complained on crackberry about verizon reps not sounded thrilled or not caring about the z10 these guys sounded excited about the phone which convinced me to leave sprint once verizon gets the z10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Common VZ!!! Give it to us NOW!!!
    ---
    BB10
    BlackBerry by Choice !
    Join my "Chicago BBM users" Channel C003D0CDF
    CrackBerry Abuser

Our VZW Corp Rep just told my IT director they will have it no later than March 16. Take it for what it's worth.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

That could be for Business solutions side of the house?

Im not sure though. I know the store near me has training on the 14th.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    kfh227 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandm1229 View Post
    That could be for Business solutions side of the house?

Im not sure though. I know the store near me has training on the 14th.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Another user said he has training this Thursday. They are training over 2 weeks?

Assming training ends next Friday, what kind of release data could be expected? I assume pre-requisite is trianing but what else needs to be done that has to occur after training? Anything? Things like promotional materials can be made in parallel to training so is this shaping up to be a mid March release?

Release can not be the same day as the GS4 release date. Day before would be great. But they might want to wait 3-4 days later than the GS4 announcement. Yes, I am saying intentionally delay it so the GS4 gets out of the news.
    Thanked by:
    glenard (03-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

a store near me got trained on it over a week ago

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Apologies if this has been answered already...

I have a PlayBook and a 9930 I use for work. I haven't wanted to pay the extra $15/mo. for BES to have my work email push - consequently I have about a 10 minute delay on most messages arriving. We don't have BES-X. At first it took me a while to figure things out as I had push when connected via USB on my pc with BBDM installed on the network. I would leave my desk and unplug and not be able to send or receive messages anymore. So I have been dealing with the BIS implementation of Exchange to date with the delay. However, I was able to set up the Exchange account on my Playbook and have instant push there. Will BB10 and the Z10 have the same e-mail options as the Playbook?

If so, and I can save $15 per month, justifying the Z10 will be very easy.
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by ssh23 View Post
    I have a PlayBook and a 9930 I use for work. I haven't wanted to pay the extra $15/mo. for BES to have my work email push - consequently I have about a 10 minute delay on most messages arriving. We don't have BES-X. At first it took me a while to figure things out as I had push when connected via USB on my pc with BBDM installed on the network. I would leave my desk and unplug and not be able to send or receive messages anymore. So I have been dealing with the BIS implementation of Exchange to date with the delay. However, I was able to set up the Exchange account on my Playbook and have instant push there. Will BB10 and the Z10 have the same e-mail options as the Playbook?

If so, and I can save $15 per month, justifying the Z10 will be very easy.
    Yes, the Z10 has the same options for email as the Playbook, more or less.

• IMAP
    • POP3
    • MS Exchange / Exchange ActiveSync
    Dragon Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by tack View Post
    They are not administering it consistently then. My phone was bought outright for full price and so were others. The business group is making us lose unlimited data.

For example, the 4g hotspot and 3G hotspot supposedly have different codes in the Verizon system. If you change to a 4g phone and want to keep your hotspot, they make you switch data plans.

Maybe we got screwed but it is happening. Your statement is not absolute or a guarantee.
    It's not unusual for corporate accounts to have different terms and pricing than regular retail accounts. In some cases, especially with larger customers, I believe the terms are determined by negotiations with the organization, not just standard pricing/terms quoted out of a book. If you're getting a better deal in one area (ie lower monthly prices overall), you might have less appealing terms in another. (ie no unlimited plan grandfathering)

That's one possible explanation.

I have a friend with ATT who was able to grandfather an old, very very cheap no-data plan on her personal account that was converted from a corporate account. Those were the terms she had when she worked for her prior company. The no-data thing is a pretty big deal for a smartphone owner (she has a 9800 Torch), because I don't think any of the major carriers will allow you to have a no-data plan on a smartphone any more.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was told today by my local Verizon store, (Northern, NJ) some of them have had training with more to come this week. They feel pre orders will occur on the 21st. and a release on the 27! One can only hope.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Yes, the Z10 has the same options for email as the Playbook, more or less.

• IMAP
    • POP3
    • MS Exchange / Exchange ActiveSync
    Great! Thanks... This is an easy decision.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123