Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,221 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kpxstar9 View Post
    Incorrect sir. Even if you upgrade and by that i meant purchase the phone at the discounted price, regardless of whether it is a 3g or 4g phone, the unlimited data will be lost. ...
    That's not what Verizon said when the new plans were introduced.

Verizon: You can keep your unlimited data plan, but no subsidized phones - GadgetBox on NBCNews.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

Default Verizon blackberry z10

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    You're quoting an article that's 271 days old. My information is as of today
    revtech likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,221 Global Posts

The date of the article is irrelevant. There has been no official announcement or release from Verizon stating that they are changing the terms from what they originally announced. Not that they couldn't or won't do that. But they haven't done that.

And just as a test, I went onto my Verizon account online which isn't eligible for a discounted upgrade until 04/15/13 and put an iPhone 5 into my shopping cart at full retail and I was able to keep my grandfathered, unlimited (all the way back from the Alltel days) data plan at the same price including my corporate discount. I was not forced to choose a "share plan".
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #29  

Default Re: Verizon blackberry z10

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    The date of the article is irrelevant. There has been no official announcement or release from Verizon stating that they are changing the terms from what they originally announced. Not that they couldn't or won't do that. But they haven't done that.

And just as a test, I went onto my Verizon account online which isn't eligible for a discounted upgrade until 04/15/13 and put an iPhone 5 into my shopping cart at full retail and I was able to keep my grandfathered, unlimited (all the way back from the Alltel days) data plan at the same price including my corporate discount. I was not forced to choose a "share plan".
    Right...because the phone was going to be purchased at the retail pricing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,221 Global Posts

Right. Then we are saying the same thing.

You can (on Verizon currently) keep your unlimited data plan if you purchase your phone at full retail from Verizon or from another source.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts

well i just lost my unlimited data
    I am on a plan with my dad because i manage his website and part of his company. He went to shared everything plan today..... so no more chance at unlimited data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Don't worry about it mandm.
    The Bold 9930 uses so little data, and with wifi even less.
    Are you wanting a BB10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts

Yes i will be buying 2 or hopefully winning one lol. I am getting one for my wife and then one for myself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

Im anxiously awaiting the z10 release on Verizon. I just hope that employees are able to get the phone at launch

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

I want this show on the road and a zed10 in my hand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

I'm anxiously awaiting it too. I just don't know if it is worth paying full retail for. I paid full retail for my iPhone 5 and Note 2 at launches. Z10 seems steep to me at $599 though which is the same price as a Droid DNA.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

what are you doing on your phone that requires 5-6gb per month? Just wondering
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting it too. I just don't know if it is worth paying full retail for. I paid full retail for my iPhone 5 and Note 2 at launches. Z10 seems steep to me at $599 though which is the same price as a Droid DNA.
    How long do you have left on your contract??? What was the last phone you got on the deal? You could see some phones to como you for the full price. If I do get one out right I don't want the vzw logo on the top
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
    You paid more than that for the iPhone. If not, then you must have gotten contract price. Full retail on an iPhone 5 is north of $600 easily.
    Riley2521 - aka - *Asphyxia*
    Smile like your not breaking inside...
    UB Class of 09!!
    www.twitter.com/Riley2513
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by shellnsean View Post
    Well, the sales rep at my VZW may have been wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Or else, he just didn't care. Wouldn't be the first time for that either. Or, they get extra commissions for pushing customers off the unlimited data plans.
    Or, just a general commission for making any change, sale, or new contract.

Our VZW said, "the unlimited data plans only apply to the 3G phones."
    Whether is was paid at full price, or not.
    This is false. If you have unlimited data as long as you don't take the discounted contract price on a phone and buy it at full retail you can keep that unlimited data. The rep was wrong. I'd be a little upset. And yes, I work for a Verizon retailer.
    Riley2521 - aka - *Asphyxia*
    Smile like your not breaking inside...
    UB Class of 09!!
    www.twitter.com/Riley2513
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts

I have three lines with two unlimited and one feature. The plan is to cycle the upgrades through the last line and enjoy the bypass. The third line wouldn't use much data out of WiFi anyway. Still sucks the upgrade fee is going to ding me $90.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

That is correct. If you do not purchase a phone at the subsidized cost you are able to keep your unlimited data

Not true once you try to enable a 4G sim or hotspot feature, etc
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VZW iPhone 5 32GB / Blk

(HTC 8x WP8, BB Z10, iPhone 4S, Droid Incredible 2, BB Storm2, BB 9650 prior.)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #43  

Quote Originally Posted by tack View Post
    Not true once you try to enable a 4G sim or hotspot feature, etc
    Wrong information is wrong
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riley2521 View Post
    This is false. If you have unlimited data as long as you don't take the discounted contract price on a phone and buy it at full retail you can keep that unlimited data. The rep was wrong. I'd be a little upset. And yes, I work for a Verizon retailer.
    I think you are wrong when it comes to feature changes and enabling the 4g sim. I talked them into keeping me unlimited until I added the hotspot back. I ran it far up the business services ladder and had no luck. We spend roughly $200k per year with them, and still no luck. The 4g phone won't hit the network without the sim being enabled.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VZW iPhone 5 32GB / Blk

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #45  

Not sure how many times I have to say this, but just because you activate a 4g device it doesn't mean you lose the unlimited

You only lose it when you purchase the phone at the 2yr discounted price.
    CrackBerry Addict

Not sure how many times I have to say this, but just because you activate a 4g device it doesn't mean you lose the unlimited

Ya, Verizon had a reply to a comment posted to their facebook page sometime Saturday morning that stated "purchase a phone at full cost to retain your unlimited data", in response to an upset customer, I just searched through all the rants and complaints on their facebook page for the last hour to capture the source, however I can't find it and I think this is a hit or miss with Verizon.
    CrackBerry Addict

I didn't find the exact post, but I did find a recent similar that may shed some light:

Verizon blackberry z10-verizondatareply.jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

I had to switch over to an Android device back last May to get a 4G phone so I can get unlimited 4G data grandfathered into my new Blackberry whenever it was gonna come out (since Verizon was doing away with unlimited data last July, and since my BB Torch was a 3G device, I knew that they wouldn't let me grandfather in a 3G unlimited to a 4G unlimited when Blackberry releases a new device after that date). 've been missing my Blackberry and BBM so bad...I'm so ready for this phone...I hated this Nexus that I bought. I hate everything about it. It's just simply not a Blackberry. Everything about Android is half-*ssed...I'm not planning to use my upgrade for a new phone regardless if I qualify or not. I'm so ready for this Z10...It can't come out fast enough...

I remember when with the 3G Blackberries, VZW had a Blackberry Data "PLAN" for the users, and if that's the case with 4G, I hope they don't try to say that I have to start a new plan to get the BB data...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #49  

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
    I had to switch over to an Android device back last May to get a 4G phone so I can get unlimited 4G data grandfathered into my new Blackberry whenever it was gonna come out (since Verizon was doing away with unlimited data last July, and since my BB Torch was a 3G device, I knew that they wouldn't let me grandfather in a 3G unlimited to a 4G unlimited when Blackberry releases a new device after that date). 've been missing my Blackberry and BBM so bad...I'm so ready for this phone...I hated this Nexus that I bought. I hate everything about it. It's just simply not a Blackberry. Everything about Android is half-*ssed...I'm not planning to use my upgrade for a new phone regardless if I qualify or not. I'm so ready for this Z10...It can't come out fast enough...

I remember when with the 3G Blackberries, VZW had a Blackberry Data "PLAN" for the users, and if that's the case with 4G, I hope they don't try to say that I have to start a new plan to get the BB data...
    Our smartphone data plans were coded and billed differently back then. It's much more simplified now
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

They are not administering it consistently then. My phone was bought outright for full price and so were others. The business group is making us lose unlimited data.

For example, the 4g hotspot and 3G hotspot supposedly have different codes in the Verizon system. If you change to a 4g phone and want to keep your hotspot, they make you switch data plans.

Maybe we got screwed but it is happening. Your statement is not absolute or a guarantee.

VZW iPhone 5 32GB / Blk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast