Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Upgrading to new phone early?

Hey everyone, haven't posted in a while and I've forgotten some of VZW's policies so I thought I'd ask:

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January of 2010, but I am interested in getting the Tour since it has world-phone capabilities. Can't you sign a new 2-year contract after a certain number of months to get a new phone at the 2-year contract price? I am not referring to the NE2 deal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

You may be eligible for an early upgrade if you have had your previous phone for one year and if your price plan is 49.99 or more (if you're a Family Share plan, you have to be the primary.) Also, you may have the early upgrade fee of $20.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Right, I understand that, but I seem to remember getting my Curve when it came out without being eligible for an upgrade. To do so I had to sign a new 2-year contract (instead of just keeping the same contract and upgrading to a new phone) and I received the phone at the contract price. Is that still possible?

Global Posts
    32,755 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Yes, it's called an annual upgrade.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    always changing

Default re

yeah add a new line...
    Graphic Designer
    Certified PC Technician
    Storm2 9550!
    HP netbook

Duh!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Annual upgrade is were you can get a new phone for contract price but you will get a $20 fee! I did this to get my BB!!