Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default For those of you going from Curve to Storm...

I'm sure many others on here, like me, purchased their Curve in May and signed another 2 year agreement...and now the Storm is coming out next month. Is there any way around having to pay full price for the Storm?
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,722 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalMind View Post
    I'm sure many others on here, like me, purchased their Curve in May and signed another 2 year agreement...and now the Storm is coming out next month. Is there any way around having to pay full price for the Storm?
    Sell your Curve and pay the difference, and but you still won't have NE2 to use. and buy full price.

Really there is no way around it, not sure what your really looking for.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    31A8F65F

You have an upgrade in May for 49.95 why not wait?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Cool, wish it were me! I'm trying to figure out how I can get the Storm on Sprint. I'll wait bc I have no choice.I hope they get their own cdma version of the storm eventually.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxpayne23 View Post
    For me it works well, my father wants my neice to have a cell phone due to some home issues and my father out of state for several months so my fortune is I am making them wait and buying the Storm when it comes out by adding a line. Then my wife will get my Curve, switch her env to my neice and I have a Storm. Its a nice trifecta all the way around!
    I like that perfect trifecta... Even a lot of us have problems with vzw reps and there lack of knowledge it pays to be nice and make friends with them. I say this because the guy that I get to handle everything for my gf's account and mine, was just promoted to store manager. Needless to say when he was a rep he would replace my phone for free no matter what I did to it. Now that he is a manager there is a managers pricing option in there system so he will either do that for me or I will be using my gf's ne2 to get the phone.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask!

i have a hookup at vzw. so i will pay whatever someone with a new contract will pay. and ill sell my curve on ebay for prob 250-300 it will go for with all the accesories i got for it. heres a tip buy a car charger, extra skins, screen protector, extra travel charger, and a few batts, you can get them on ebay for under 20 for all of that.

but yea, i had a friend take a broken phone in and told the vzw sales person heres 50 cash for your pocket, how can i get around paying the full retal price, they said no problem. so there are ways. be creative. and shop on ebay for accessories. bundle them in with the phone ur selling.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You guys might not be wanting to be spreading that around...if that info makes it to the wrong person the your "vzw hook-ups" will be canned so fast they won't know what happened.

BTW, there is no "manager pricing option"...a manager can choose to make a exception to the policy and give you something that you don't qualify for...but they do have to be a justified good business decision. Managers have been let go in my region recently for shady practices and there are a few more that are on the hotseat currently.

So, my advice, keep your "connections" quiet if you don't want them to go away.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDnLou View Post
    You guys might not be wanting to be spreading that around...if that info makes it to the wrong person the your "vzw hook-ups" will be canned so fast they won't know what happened.

BTW, there is no "manager pricing option"...a manager can choose to make a exception to the policy and give you something that you don't qualify for...but they do have to be a justified good business decision. Managers have been let go in my region recently for shady practices and there are a few more that are on the hotseat currently.

So, my advice, keep your "connections" quiet if you don't want them to go away.
    are you a vzw rep? just wondering cause i just chatted with a vzw rep from these very forums over bb messenger that told there was one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FutureBBowner View Post
    are you a vzw rep? just wondering cause i just chatted with a vzw rep from these very forums over bb messenger that told there was one.
    manager pricing option? lol thats a good one

as a vzw rep, there is no such thing. managers have the ability to make exceptions and thus override the system, however they cannot change the price of ANY item.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I know someone who wants to switch to Verizon, but just wants a basic phone (was looking at the Juke). I told him I'd give him a brand new LG VX-8100 I have laying around if he gets the Storm when he signs up. Basically, I'd pay for him to buy the Storm, give him the 8100, switch the phones on the accounts, and I have a brand new Storm!

That is, of course, if I really want the Storm. I had an iPhone for a while, but the entire time, I missed having a physical keyboard.
    CrackBerry User

if you are already on a family share plan, the easiest way is to just add a line for 9.99 and get it at the 2 year price, switch it to the line that you actually use, and keep it as an iwannaupgrademyphonebecauseimimpatient line .

if you are not on a family share plan, i would recommend taking a look at youre usage and creating one? this would then give your primary line (if not already) definite annual upgrades, youll be an upgrading maniac.

this is all under the assumption that you would like to keep your mtn and you like verizon that much. i know people who use 1 phone and have 5 lines
    CrackBerry Newbie

FYI. The primary line would have to be $80 or greater.