CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default thinking to switching to Verizon, question about carrier discount and data cap

I know that front-end VZ employees "can't" override the data limit or provide any extra discount because they can't override codes in the system. But realistically, has this been done for a few select customers? I'd like to hear from VZ employees.

I'm looking to get a Bb and data is capped at 2GB, which is not much by today's standards. I can qualify for a 10% discount through work, but I wonder if VZ can make a deal and give me an extra $10-20/mo off since I'll have a family plan with 4 lines.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Data is not 'capped', you can always purchase more based on your needs. The 5GB data plan is $50 and the 10GB plan is $80 (not including your 10% discount).

Good luck.
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD
    Playbook 16gb WiFi tablet

We all know life ain't fair, why not admit it? Don't just sit around, go out and GET IT.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Discount? I think they are offering 4GB for $30 currently.
    New plans start on the 28th of this month
    CrackBerry Addict

Default My Plan

Then there is me with a 15.00 a month 150mb plan. I just use wifi!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

My concern is with smartphones nowadays, there's always data transmistted back and forth. Even if you're not using anything, there's still data flowing into and out of your device. My friend has a smartphone and she never surfs the web, yet she told me they said her data usage for the month was 74mb, for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bdguru View Post
    Then there is me with a 15.00 a month 150mb plan. I just use wifi!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

Data is not capped, you could either pay for more or pay overages. And they don't do special deals beyond employer discounts or promos offered to the public, definitely nothing on a single account. There's people and businesses with more lines than you and they have to pay like everyone else.
    CrackBerry User

I was told that the data is 2GB for $60.00 and $70.00 for 4 GB
    CrackBerry User

and I can't even begin to tell you how unhappy I am right now>..
    CrackBerry User

and when we upgraded we got the share everything plan....and I aint happy....
    CrackBerry Genius

If you are unhappy with it, why did you switch?

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    CrackBerry User

I didn't; I have been with Verizon for years.....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    PIN
    28CFEDF7

Looks like AT&T will be sharing everything but it looks like their share plans might be more nticing, where vzw charges a flat $40 per smartphone, Big Blue is gonna charge less if you get a higher data plan....hmmmmmm

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/da...0000PP100000JD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

There is no data cap because Verizon will charge you when go over your data plan. Blackberry is a miser with data usage compared to the other systems. Verizon has very good service but they demand a premium price. If you need that level of service, then Verizon will deliver and you will pay a high price. I have a grandfathered family plan (700 minutes & 5GB unlimited/line) with the government employee discount, which costs about $220/mo. Based on our usage pattern (between the 4 of us we use about 250 minutes and 2.5 GB/line data). So we're transitioning over to T-Mobile prepaid ($30 for 100 minutes + unlimited text + 5GB data for each line). With the wide availability of wifi & using VoIP, matched with our usage style we will save about $1000/year. In our area T-Mobile service works well, occasionally a dropped call. I have the only BB so it will cost an extra $10/mo.