Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Tether for BB

I've downloaded trial of Tether for BB - how does it work with Verizon?

How is it different from the mobile internet settings through Desktop Manager...?

Any charges don't know of that Vzw will hit you with for using it?

Thanks.

I believe Tether looks to the network just like your own phone. Using DM tells the network you are tethering.

If VZW catches on to your data use you are liable for extra charges. Many people, myself included (on ATT), use Tether in limited ways without any issue. We are careful not to run up large amounts of data usage outside what is normal and to date have not had any charges added.

Good luck to you. Maybe one day you can come back and report your own experience with Tether and VZW for the benefit of others.
    Bits--C000C6078 for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.

Global Posts
    33,325 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Used sparingly you should have no problems.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3232ccc3

I use tether sparingly when I can not get on internet any other way. (justify use because i SHOULD be able to view web sites with my Blackberry on Verizon, but really, browser kind of lame) have had no issues with verizon tethering-actually use more data with Pandora and a few other sites than with my rare tether use.overall pretty happy with tether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I've had no issues with Tether and I've used it for work and play. Its really handy when I'm in the car and need to check work email (LNotes sucks, BTW!).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com