11-02-09 01:27 AM
- First, I have to ask...is it worth it? I have AT&T right now but I've been considering going back to VZW. I switched a couple years ago to AT&T and I just recently got my bb. While ATT has been good to me, where I live, the coverage is really crap. I can get an early out of my contract with them, but I'm wondering if their service is as poor as I've been reading?
And this may sound like a stupid question, but is it even possible to use my ATT bb on VZW? Or am I going to have to buy a whole new phone?10-26-09 02:30 AM
- I ditched my iphone and jumped ship to VZW..bought the storm on the release date and never looked back...its been a journey with my storm but vzw is offering a few new bb devices in the future that look promising so you'll have a few to choose from..im a very satisfied customer with Verizon. I dont plan on going back to Verizon..ever.10-26-09 02:47 AM
- The tour is a great device (although it doesnt have wi-fi...and i dont know how you feel about that). i did a test drive on it and i liked it...its just a matter of user opinion. the essex (tour2) is in developement and that will have wi-fi but i dont know when the release date is..
i have 3 lines on my acct and my bill is approx. $200-$210/ month with taxes included...i dont think that is all that bad. i cant vouch for a single line acct. though.10-26-09 02:54 AM
- Yes Verizon is a bit higher but it's a solid network and even when traveling, I've had no problem with a signal on the East coast as well as the Midwest and Southern states. Having that type of reliability far out weighs anything else to me. Of course as you read, you will need a CDMA device for Verizon. Good luck10-26-09 02:54 AM
- I think the single line plans are a tad bit high. I'm lucky bcuz I'm on a VZ employee account so I get 50% off of service and my bill is $70 bucks a month and that a 900 min select, unlimited txt/picture, 5 friends and family, BB unlimited data, VZ Nav and full device insurance but it would come in at $140 if it wasn't for the discount. I could get an iPhone for less than $140 a month (if I wanted it) so I do believe VZ is the highest price service. Maybe you can take advantage of some type of discount if you are with the Military.10-26-09 03:06 AM
- yes, the coverage is about as reliable as sunday coming around once a week...its great. I live in Fort Worth, TX and the only time i have a dropped call is when im traveling on this ONE street turning the corner lol but its back on within seconds hahaha i have family in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Brownsville (way south!!), CA, FL, MS, PA, MO, GA, NC, & IL...(us mexicans are all over hahaha) and i can say that my coverage is always good...along highways as well.10-26-09 03:06 AM
- I think the single line plans are a tad bit high. I'm lucky bcuz I'm on a VZ employee account so I get 50% off of service and my bill is $70 bucks a month and that a 900 min select, unlimited txt/picture, 5 friends and family, BB unlimited data, VZ Nav and full device insurance but it would come in at $140 if it wasn't for the discount. I could get an iPhone for less than $140 a month (if I wanted it) so I do believe VZ is the highest price service. Maybe you can take advantage of some type of discount if you are with the Military.10-26-09 03:09 AM
- I've had a blackberry since 2003 and I've had service with every major carrier out there; AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, Verizon, ect. And based on my experience Verizon's service is by far the best in the states. AT&T was pretty good but can hold Verizon's jock strap. T-mobile has the best customer service hands down. Sprint / Nextel, well ghetto is the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe them as a company. I've been with each at least twice so based on my experience if service is important to you go with Verizon.10-26-09 03:16 AM
- I just switched from Sprint to Vzw two months ago. So far i love Vzw. Sprint has better (cheaper) plans imo. But i get a 17 percent discount with Vzw so im pretty happy about what i pay. Where i moved to i didnt get coverage with Sprint so i got out of my contract pretty easily. I was getting tired of the dead zones and dropped calls. So far im loving Vzw. Plus i was about to get the Tour when it came out so im happy about that.10-26-09 07:51 AM
- 11-02-09 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD