Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me! No pervs!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Switching to VZW?

First, I have to ask...is it worth it? I have AT&T right now but I've been considering going back to VZW. I switched a couple years ago to AT&T and I just recently got my bb. While ATT has been good to me, where I live, the coverage is really crap. I can get an early out of my contract with them, but I'm wondering if their service is as poor as I've been reading?

And this may sound like a stupid question, but is it even possible to use my ATT bb on VZW? Or am I going to have to buy a whole new phone?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask for it

You'll have to get a whole new phone and if Verizon works better where you are (which if theyre letting you out of contract it seems like it doesnt work at all) then it would be worth the switch.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me! No pervs!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

AT&T isn't necessarily "letting" me out of my contract. They're bound by law to....military related. I'm wondering how much more (or less) the data plans are with VZ? I've heard from some people that they are exorbitant?
  4. bearkat38

Yes, it's worth it IMO. No, you ill not be able to use your phone. You will have to buy another one. Sorry.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    PIN
    305D8BB4

I ditched my iphone and jumped ship to VZW..bought the storm on the release date and never looked back...its been a journey with my storm but vzw is offering a few new bb devices in the future that look promising so you'll have a few to choose from..im a very satisfied customer with Verizon. I dont plan on going back to Verizon..ever.
    -Mr. Yours Truly
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me! No pervs!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Right now i have the 8900. Is the new Tour honestly better? I won't downgrade to the older Curve's and I'm not really interested in the Storm (not a fan of touch screen).

I think my biggest hesitation is honestly what my bill may end up being?
  7. bearkat38

Contrary to what some others may claim, the rates are comparable.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    PIN
    305D8BB4

The tour is a great device (although it doesnt have wi-fi...and i dont know how you feel about that). i did a test drive on it and i liked it...its just a matter of user opinion. the essex (tour2) is in developement and that will have wi-fi but i dont know when the release date is..

i have 3 lines on my acct and my bill is approx. $200-$210/ month with taxes included...i dont think that is all that bad. i cant vouch for a single line acct. though.
    -Mr. Yours Truly
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Yes Verizon is a bit higher but it's a solid network and even when traveling, I've had no problem with a signal on the East coast as well as the Midwest and Southern states. Having that type of reliability far out weighs anything else to me. Of course as you read, you will need a CDMA device for Verizon. Good luck
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I think the single line plans are a tad bit high. I'm lucky bcuz I'm on a VZ employee account so I get 50% off of service and my bill is $70 bucks a month and that a 900 min select, unlimited txt/picture, 5 friends and family, BB unlimited data, VZ Nav and full device insurance but it would come in at $140 if it wasn't for the discount. I could get an iPhone for less than $140 a month (if I wanted it) so I do believe VZ is the highest price service. Maybe you can take advantage of some type of discount if you are with the Military.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    PIN
    305D8BB4

yes, the coverage is about as reliable as sunday coming around once a week...its great. I live in Fort Worth, TX and the only time i have a dropped call is when im traveling on this ONE street turning the corner lol but its back on within seconds hahaha i have family in Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Brownsville (way south!!), CA, FL, MS, PA, MO, GA, NC, & IL...(us mexicans are all over hahaha) and i can say that my coverage is always good...along highways as well.
    -Mr. Yours Truly
  12. bearkat38

Quote Originally Posted by decolur455 View Post
    I think the single line plans are a tad bit high. I'm lucky bcuz I'm on a VZ employee account so I get 50% off of service and my bill is $70 bucks a month and that a 900 min select, unlimited txt/picture, 5 friends and family, BB unlimited data, VZ Nav and full device insurance but it would come in at $140 if it wasn't for the discount. I could get an iPhone for less than $140 a month (if I wanted it) so I do believe VZ is the highest price service. Maybe you can take advantage of some type of discount if you are with the Military.
    50%? That's pretty darned good!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    PIN
    305D8BB4

My bill was actually a bit high but the csr helped me with my plan features and actually saved me about $60/month...Verizon customer service is great.
    -Mr. Yours Truly
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've had a blackberry since 2003 and I've had service with every major carrier out there; AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint, Verizon, ect. And based on my experience Verizon's service is by far the best in the states. AT&T was pretty good but can hold Verizon's jock strap. T-mobile has the best customer service hands down. Sprint / Nextel, well ghetto is the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe them as a company. I've been with each at least twice so based on my experience if service is important to you go with Verizon.
    "The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice!"
    CrackBerry Addict

Verizon and AT&T rates are nearly identical.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3300C807

I just switched from Sprint to Vzw two months ago. So far i love Vzw. Sprint has better (cheaper) plans imo. But i get a 17 percent discount with Vzw so im pretty happy about what i pay. Where i moved to i didnt get coverage with Sprint so i got out of my contract pretty easily. I was getting tired of the dead zones and dropped calls. So far im loving Vzw. Plus i was about to get the Tour when it came out so im happy about that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24ABEF54

Quote Originally Posted by Lynusann View Post
    Right now i have the 8900. Is the new Tour honestly better? I won't downgrade to the older Curve's and I'm not really interested in the Storm (not a fan of touch screen).

I think my biggest hesitation is honestly what my bill may end up being?
    I have both the tour and the 8900. I have to say I still love my 8900 and use that as my personal phone the, tour is a great device and the 3G when it is working is nice but it ould not make me jump ship for it.