Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Soo I walked into a verizon store......

I just walked into a verizon store to get any information I could about the Z10. The first thing the guy says to me why would you want to go to BlackBerry? in a completely disgusted tone. So I pull out my 9930 and show him my PlayBook that is my hand and kindly let him know it is the only Brand I will use. he didn't say another word. He immediatly looked and started talking to another customer.

Makes me quite frustrated.
    Last edited by mandm1229; 02-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Typical of Verizon Wireless sales people. A guy and his son was there last time I went and they wanted an iPhone 5 but the sales rep (who doesn't get commission from iPhones but only from Android phones) told them a whole bunch of lies like "the iPhone can't do email" and etc. to make them get an Android phone.

I was going to step in and tell them she was wrong when she went out back to grab their Android phone but...seriously if they are dumb enough to believe her and not do their own research...they are on their own.
    CrackBerry User

Next time ask to speak to the salesperson's manager and explain the situation to them. The management needs to know when their staff are misrepresenting their company's intentions -- in this case, of successfully launching Blackberry 10 phones next month.
    Thanked by 2:
    flyingsolid (02-13-2013),  The_Original_Modifier (02-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Re: Soo I walked into a verizon store......

lol oops sorry for mispelled word in title. I was going to work for this verizon store several months ago. I think I would have some difficulties and a lot of arguements with co workers lol. The guys I work with now always press on me to get a iPhone. When I tell them I had a 4s and sold it so I could get a 2 Year old BlackBerry they don't understand and they call me crazy and dumb. I just laugh.
    CrackBerry Addict

Doesn't matter how much support the Carriers give Blackberry. In the end the sales reps will be biased towards whatever platform they're a fan of. It's not unexpected and unfortunately there's not much you can do about it. You most certainly can not blame the Carrier for it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

I haven't gone into a store for several months because I know the reps don't have any info right now...but many months ago when I went back to BB from my droid RAZR MAXX they talked until they were blue in the face about how I shouldn't get the BB and (ironic as it is) they didn't even have a Bold in the store they could sell me. I turned around and went home and ordered my bold myself online with no opinionated sales rep standing at my shoulder piping their personal views while I did so. BThunderW makes a great point....EVERY carrier out there has the same problem...They have to put HUMAN BEINGS in the store to sell phones...and we are not perfect! LOL *grins* You gotta make your own choice and be confident in it! Im expecting to get crap from the sales rep when I (finally) get to go in to Verizon and get my Q10!! Ill tell you THIS though...Ill be grinning all the way home!!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
    shellnsean likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Not sure if the carriers will continue to ignore BB as they have a financial inentive... had they not subsidized to extent they have I think the BB10 would be DOA.... The fact that T Modile is fast tracking release in the US may show more support than initially thought.... There will always be kind of stories from all Carriers as they have little control over day to day sales people.... they do have some clout in what sales figures they expect from the stores....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Default Re: Soo I wqlked into a verizon store......

Its not even the biased though. I am a sales consultant myself. The customer is always right. You move towards their wants. I will consult my customers if they are mislead about a vehicle. I work for a Chevrolet dealership that also has used cars. If a customer is interested in a fird vehicle then that vehicle is a great vehicle. I will let them know that we have a vehicle similar that may work for their wants and needs and budget better if it is true. I will not let my biased get in the way. People who let this happen can drive people away.

I have already talked to their manager before about this. I havetalked to 6-7 Sales Reps at this particular store over 3 years and everyone has been rude to me when I talk/ look at Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Your experience has been the same as my experiences with Verizon. It's OK to have your opinion, it's OK to have your own preference. It's even OK, as a sales rep, to voice your preference. What is NOT okay is to be rude and dismissive of a customer like that. That is ridiculous.
    Thanked by 2:
    kbz1960 (02-21-2013),  mandm1229 (02-10-2013) 
    Camelhmpz and mandm1229 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Yeah. This makes me mad. At att I never got crap for want a bb. And vzw only the manager likes it. We talked alot about blackberrys and I was happy. But you can only do so much. Reporting the ******* reps will help tho
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Default Soo I wqlked into a verizon store......

I mean it is their sales. If you get paid commission. Simply let the customers know that their are other devices that "can" do what they want them to do. Not shoot down their request. In my interview i talked to the store manager about the situations with some of the sales rep and she told me that you get the same commission for every phone. Where you get more is selling accessories and other things. The manager gave me a odd look when i said i was interested in the Z10 and i couldnt wait to get one.

But she did not say anything negative but brought out some of the good things BlackBerry has done and can do. I did not get the job though lol. Instead i work at a Car dealership now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I have purchased at least 7-8 phones from Verizon over the years and I have never walked out of the store where one worked completely. Every time I have gotten home and found features (email, contactys, sms, etc.) that did not work and I either had to go back to the store or call customer service techs to get all of the features working. All except my last phone (9930) which I ordered online from Verizon one afternoon.....and it arrived at my house fully functional the very next morning. Personally, I think the Verizon store reps go to the same school that Best Buy reps go to. Neither knows as much about electronics as my 12 year old nephew.
    Thanked by:
    flyingsolid (02-16-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

When i lived in Michigan the Verizon quality of service was great. I had a LG chocolate that was acting funny. Of course when i arrived at the store it was working fine. Upon handing the rep my phone and having him jam the keyboard and mess with the phone he saw a bit of lag in the device and went to the back and got me a brand new one. I had this great service several times at this store.

Now the ones where i am at now, do not carry that great service to me. They tell me that there is nothing the can do other than have me purchase a new one for full retail. Even if i have insurance on the device.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Soo I wqlked into a verizon store......

Yeah I miss in store exchanges. Can't do that anymore. Now they make you call and go through the shipping process to get the new phone and send the old one back. It kind of sucks.

Really, the sales reps are shooting themselves in the feet here. I am not in sales but I would think that if a customer is really interested in a particular device or brand and has even had good experience with it, why not advise them towards what they want? Forcing your point of view on them will more likely alienate, not generate a sale. Of course, you'll have more suggestible people who will go along with it anyway but that's not necessarily right for them.

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,521 Global Posts

Some people say it's because these guys are commissioned to push Android devices.. But this story and many others which are quite similar just confirms the fact that these employees really just have their own personal agendas and biases.. Turned and started talking to another customer? Really? So he didn't say anything about Android or iPhone? So he had zero interest in making any kind of sale from you? This all just points to one thing, and it ain't increased commission from Android sales, or iPhone if their margins on contracts somehow make them more favorable.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandm1229 View Post
    I just walked into a verizon store to get any information I could about the Z10. The first thing the guy says to me why would you want to go to BlackBerry? in a completely disgusted tone. So I pull out my 9930 and show him my PlayBook that is my hand and kindly let him know it is the only Brand I will use. he didn't say another word. He immediatly looked and started talking to another customer.

Makes me quite frustrated.
    Unbelievable, that's so rude!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    375 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

It is their money and their service. I am more likely to buy from somone who gives me the time and service. If somone offered me a Z10 for 200 and was rude to me and didnt give me any assistance or service i would gladly go to the guy is offering 300 and buy from him because he gave me the great experience and service.

But Hey im not in their shoes. I would be assisting them in their bills and success but i guess it doesn't matter.

There are a lot of people who have no idea about BlackBerry and just go with what other people are talking about. This is a shame and i hate to see this. If someone tells me a car is a bad car i investigate that car and see why it might be a bad car then i find the positives about that car. The car may be the perfect match to someone. But i will not stray someone from it if that is what they want.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

A week or so ago I went into a Verizon store with my grandpa as he is in need of an upgrade from his Curve 9330. As the rep and I were showing him some new phones, I asked the rep about any information about the Z10 and the release date. He said he didn't know and would have to wait to hear from BlackBerry themselves. Needless to say, he seemed actually quite excited about the Z10 and thought now BlackBerry has finally made an excellent phone for the consumer market. I was a bit surprised by that. Glad to know someone from Verizon might push the phone lol
    Last edited by ajst222; 02-24-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

If you like my posts, you should visit the site where I write at gadgetnerdly.com
    If not, you should visit it anyway
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    PIN
    FRIENDS

Quote Originally Posted by mandm1229 View Post
    When i lived in Michigan the Verizon quality of service was great. I had a LG chocolate that was acting funny. Of course when i arrived at the store it was working fine. Upon handing the rep my phone and having him jam the keyboard and mess with the phone he saw a bit of lag in the device and went to the back and got me a brand new one. I had this great service several times at this store.

Now the ones where i am at now, do not carry that great service to me. They tell me that there is nothing the can do other than have me purchase a new one for full retail. Even if i have insurance on the device.

BlackBerry By Choice!
    Thats because when u had the Lg chocolate Vzw had Technicians in all their stores so when u had a phone problem it would be address at the store and replaced when u left the store. Vzw had sales people and Tech people verizon did not have any control over tech because they were flextronics employees not vzw employees.
    Most sales people verizon have no clue about trouble shooting a phone, they are just sales people and will tell u anything u want to hear even if its not true just to make a sales, its a shame because thats how vzw trains people, u have too sell so many phones per month or they fire u. Not Technicians we did what was right and replaced customers phones.
    MIKE / CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Verizon's tech service went downhill a lot over the decade.

I remember when I had an issue with say a Windows Mobile Phone (the old ones with a stylus) and when I bought it in, they would see the issue and replace the phone RIGHT there!
    Now a days, when they see issues with your phone, they just order a replacement that takes 5 days to arrive and you have to waste your time and ship the old one back.

Truly and utterly disappointing.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,335 Global Posts

I just hope Verizon has their salesman push the Z10 and not Android and Apple like they do now. Blackberry needs this to happen for them to be successful in the states. Its not just Verizon that pushes the other platforms all the carriers push what sells.
    Make sure you vote! Your vote counts!
    Support the 9-12 Project
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I just hope Verizon has their salesman push the Z10 and not Android and Apple like they do now. Blackberry needs this to happen for them to be successful in the states. Its not just Verizon that pushes the other platforms all the carriers push what sells.
    I don't necessarily want Verizon to push the Z10 over other phones, I actually want salespeople to truly listen to the customer and what they need and unbiasedly direct them to a phone that would best fit their needs. Currently, a lot of carriers seem to be strongly pushing the iPhone. Luckily as I stated above in a response, I had a good, seemingly unbiased salesman who helped myself and my grandpa.
    My goal here is to help out and provide knowledge! Feel free to shoot me a PM

If you like my posts, you should visit the site where I write at gadgetnerdly.com
    If not, you should visit it anyway
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I had to chime in here!
    I too have walked into a VZW store several times always here what the Sales Person prefers. But if I ask about something else, I have always received great information and the sales people have always tried their best to encourage my purchase regardless of make and model.

Now, please remember!

LIFE IS SIMPLE!
    PEOPLE MAKE IT HARD!

From a guy who loves simplicity and tech. Currently using an IP4S. Looking at the Z10.
    Never enough!
    Ability is what you're capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

~Raymond Chandler
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    PIN
    334BC04C

i would get that guy fired! rediculous!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,015 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    Doesn't matter how much support the Carriers give Blackberry. In the end the sales reps will be biased towards whatever platform they're a fan of. It's not unexpected and unfortunately there's not much you can do about it. You most certainly can not blame the Carrier for it.
    Exactamundo!!!

If BB wants to avoid a situation like this, then they should put a BB sales person in every Verizon store for the first few weeks of launch!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast