This may be a stupid question but I was wondering if you can use a SIM card with a Verizon bought phone? I am considering switching to TMO and I know that Verizon doesn't use SIM cards but if I want to switch between a new Curve and my current Verizon Razr would I be able to do that? Is there a place to put SIM cards into a Verizon phone?

Thanks!
    05-14-08 07:56 PM
    No. You can put Micro SD cards, but not SIM cards.
    05-14-08 08:00 PM
    I don't think they use them. At least no vzw phone I've ever had has had one. That includes six phones to date

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 08:01 PM
    I don't think you can unless you get both active sorry to give yeah the bad news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 08:01 PM
    This may be a stupid question but I was wondering if you can use a SIM card with a Verizon bought phone? I am considering switching to TMO and I know that Verizon doesn't use SIM cards but if I want to switch between a new Curve and my current Verizon Razr would I be able to do that? Is there a place to put SIM cards into a Verizon phone?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, that will not work. Two incompatible technologies. Verizon uses CDMA whereas T-Mobile uses GSM, while CDMA involves ESN numbers for verification and GSM involves SIM cards.

Paul
    05-14-08 08:51 PM
    Actually, the 8830WE from Verizon uses a sim card - but I don't know details. It is used when you go OUT of the US (Canada) and allows the 8830WE to use the frequency used in Europe. But I don't know if the card is FREQUENCY-related or only allows the calling to occur over there. If you get the 8830 UNlocked from Verizon you can use foreign sim cards and cheaper calling in europe.
    05-15-08 12:48 AM
    The 8830WE has a sim card slot to be used in GSM countries worldwide, but somehow does not work with sim cards from US carriers(att, tmobile, etc.)
    05-16-08 12:39 PM
    ^^^ The GSM frequencies for the US have been turned off in the firmware for the GSM radio side.
    05-16-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD