Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Share everything. 9930 "mobile hotspot" vs. "jetpack"

When I switched to BB my research indicated that BB data was not a direct connection to the Internet, but instead BB data travels through a BB server which compresses the data for greater effeciency. In contrast, other phones have a (more) 'direct connection' to the Internet.

So...can I conclude that using a Verizon "jetpack" data device to provide an Internet connection for a non-BlackBerry tablet/device:

1. Will use more data to do the same download than use of the 9930 "moble hotspot" because the data running through the "jetpack" is not being compressed by the BB server?

2. Be a slightly faster connection speed? (although because data is full size and not compressed, the realized difference is probably negligable)

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts

Possibly more compressed data when using a hotspot but I would imagine the jet pack would have faster speeds as it doesn't have to go through the rim noc.

Sent using Tapatalk
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    PIN
    Verizon is so much better then those other guys...no question about it

Since bb has to run threw a server you are correct jetpack will be faster simce it doesnt have to run through bb servers and also bc 4g if thats in your area. Yes bb compresses more of the data so you would see more data usage on your jetpack
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,983 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

The 9930 is 3g, right, and not 4g? Well, the jetpack is 4g and it flies!