Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JJGeneral1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ridiculous Experience with Verizon

Ok so I go to Verizon to ask about the Bold Touch.(you never know what they might say). I asked the rep on the bold and he said the "Blackberry is going out of business, and Verizon is backing away from Verizon and that there is NO BLACKBRERRIES COMING OUT EVER AGAIN" and said that I should look at the droid , he told me if I want one, I should go to AT&T. I can't tell you how ridiculous this was. I told him, ill come back when they relase the phones. I really want to file a complaint, he basically completely wrote off that they were done. Verizon should seriously do something about this cause of all the people who are obviously uninformed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts

Sounds like something his store manager AND regional manager should hear about...I'd also make a point to go back in that store once they DO come out, and ask him again...lmao
    VZW Q10 on Rogers 10.2.1 via Sachesi

"You can observe a lot, just by watching" - Yogi Berra
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

Quote Originally Posted by johnpaul12 View Post
    Ok so I go to Verizon to ask about the Bold Touch.(you never know what they might say). I asked the rep on the bold and he said the "Blackberry is going out of business, and Verizon is backing away from Verizon and that there is NO BLACKBRERRIES COMING OUT EVER AGAIN" and said that I should look at the droid , he told me if I want one, I should go to AT&T. I can't tell you how ridiculous this was. I told him, ill come back when they relase the phones. I really want to file a complaint, he basically completely wrote off that they were done. Verizon should seriously do something about this cause of all the people who are obviously uninformed.

Anything to satisfy a quota .....

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    732 Global Posts

I ran into the same thing last week pretty much. Picked ip an I phone but jury still out on that deal. Wish they would announce.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    PIN
    WHEEL

A lot of cellular reps only know the Android platform, and that's all they know how to sell. Your best bet is to do your homework from these forums. Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

Johnpaul12: "I really want to file a complaint".

Well, you COULD have been mean like I was in the same situation.
    When the rep tried to steer me away from BlackBerries, even though I had specifically said I only want to upgrade to another BB, I asked for his name and to speak to the store manager. I announced to the store manager that I'd rather drop Verizon than get a non-BB and that he has this rep, who should be paying attention to what the customer wants first, to thank. And left. I haven't been back to that store since (there are several in my area) but I wonder if the guy still works there. Or if they both just shrugged it off after I left.
    I'm normally quiet and don't speak up even if I get the wrong dish in a restaurant, but I was peeved
    Cheers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,703 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by johnpaul12 View Post
    Verizon is backing away from Verizon

I had the same problem when I came to Verizon from Sprint. Sales girl I know tried to get me to go Droid. I said no. She had to call to another store to find me a Storm2.

If you don't like what they have to say, talk to someone else. It's like buying a car. They're gonna try to sell you what they have on the lot regardless of whether you want it or not.
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    PIN
    WHEEL

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSunshine View Post

I had the same problem when I came to Verizon from Sprint. Sales girl I know tried to get me to go Droid. I said no. She had to call to another store to find me a Storm2.

If you don't like what they have to say, talk to someone else. It's like buying a car. They're gonna try to sell you what they have on the lot regardless of whether you want it or not.
    When I was due for my upgrade, I asked the salesperson if she could confirm the 9930 coming to stores on Aug 25. She asked what the 9930 is. I told her it is the newest Bold from BlackBerry with a touchscreen and BB 7. She looked at me as if I told her I saw Bigfoot riding a unicorn thru the parking lot. She said no, and told me that the only thing coming out in Verizon is the Droid Bionic then she pointed to the display.
    Let's GO HOKIES!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,530 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check

Recently I went in to talk to the VZW reps, and they were, as usual, trying to ram a Droid down my throat, but for some odd reason carried Blackberries on their hips.....
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,703 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ericdude View Post
    Recently I went in to talk to the VZW reps, and they were, as usual, trying to ram a Droid down my throat, but for some odd reason carried Blackberries on their hips.....
    Physician, heal thyself huh?
    God save us all. Go Sharks.

Yes, I am a woman and I like hockey. Deal with it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

I had a similar experience with verizon. I asked the rep whent hey might be getting the BlackBerry 9930. He looked really confused. He went to the back and got the 9650. I told him it would have OS7 and the combo touch screen with a keyboard...he said there was no such device. I told him it had officially been announced and was already on sale online. Again...*blank stare*. I directed him to check online. He looked at it and said the 9650 was the same thing...ahhhhhh. Good thing I bought one form another store.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    PIN
    What pin?

They're only worried about one word... commission. They care to pad their pockets by making you buy the most expensive stuff out there, and only trying to get you to buy that stuff.

I used to work sales at a store's who's initials are "RS" (let's call them AM/FM Hut LOL). The primary purpose of trying to persuade the customer into buying extra accessories or an entirely different item (that costs twice as much) is commission. (This was also at the time when Verizon used to sell phones in the Shack... I mean Hut).

Some sales reps (such as myself) actually didn't do that when the managers weren't around. We listened to the customer, and understood what they needed. Sold them what they needed. There are some reps out there who do care to remain knowledgeable on the upcoming products, and want to help a person find what's right for their needs. They're few and far between, because everyone's chasing the $$$, but when you get one, you have a whole different world on your hands.
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Went into my local Verizon store yesterday. it's a small town and I prefer to spend my money locally. I asked the rep if they had a Bold 9930 to look at and when the Torch 9850 would be available. The response: We don't carry BlackBerries. You're the only person who uses one in town (umm, no I'm not) or ever asks. He did say there's no official date for the Torch 9850 release although they are supposed to carry them at some point (I wanted to say, like the Playbook, which I finally purchased elsewhere after waiting two weeks?). I told the kid okay, I'll watch for it online and purchase it online. Without moving an inch off his chair, he said he could order it when it becomes available...I'd get it 4 days after ordering rather than getting it the next day if I ordered online).

As I was leaving I told him that I personally knew of at least 25 people counting down the months to their upgrade dates so they could get rid of the droids he and the other Verizon reps had pushed them into purchasingso they could return to using a BlackBerry,and that it was too bad the store will lose their business.

I agree that Verizon needs to do something, maybe RIM reps need to sit down and educate them on the new BlackBerries. Verizon seems to be in bed with Droid and iPhone. I just don't understand it.
    Last edited by Gilahiker; 08-28-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    32GB Playbook
    Retired BBs: 8830 WE, 9550