Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Returning Unactivated Phone

I signed a new contract with VZ and got a Droid Charge, I have the phone now but have not activated it. I have an old tour that I would like to use until the 9930 or the iphone 5 is released.
    Questions are:
    1. Can I activate an old beat up tour or an older android on my new Verizon account instead on my new Droid Charge?

2. Can I return the Dorid and get my upgrade credit back?

3. Will I be docked a $35 restocking fee even with I have not activated the it?

I bought it from the Verizon site BTW....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

I hope you got it before they switched to tired data plans.
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but good luck.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

They won't charge you the $35 restocking fee unless you opened the box and activated the phone.

I would ask about getting the upgrade re-creditted. Explain to them you are waiting on a new Blackberry to be released. Just make sure you tell them the upgrade must be put on the account for future reference.

And you can certainly use an old Tour in the meantime.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

@ californiablackberry - Yes sir.... I ordered it online on the 6th. The email I got had unlimited plan on it. So I think I'm good.

@chris2k5 - I have the phone but still have not activated it. My only doubt is, I signed up online for the unlimited data on this new droid. What if they come back with, if you activate a used droid/tour and return this new one back to us then your unlimited plan goes poof?

Not sure how to approach this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

Best approach would be to call them up and ask them to confirm how this would work out.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

As long as you did not open the phone, you will not be charged the 35.00 restocking fee and as long as you are within your 14 day WFG, you can return the device and get your upgrade reset. If you have a Tour you will still be on Unlimited and will keep if and when you get a new phone.
    My opinon is mine and mine alone. If you don't like it, go to Match.com and find someone who cares.
    Got an Android? Check out www.androidcentral.com
    Shout out to CyberWarrior and his great walls!
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...allpapers.html