Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    421 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question re corporate email on 9930

I'm thinking (again) about switching from Sprint to Verizon. When I went through all the motions of purchasing the 9930 and plan, I selected the $50.00 data plan and saw that the data included "personal email". So I clicked on chat and asked if that meant I could only get personal email and not work. She replied that right now corporate email is free on the 9930 but that is only for a short time. She doesn't know how much it will be when they start charging for it, or when they will start charging.

Does anyone have any information on this? With Sprint everything for blackberry is included in the plan, regardless of if it's blackberry, android, whatever, so I'm no familiar with differentiating between corporate and personal email? Right now on my curve 8530, when I set up my email, I just put in my personal information, and then since I knew my work's exchange server, I put that in and never had any problems

So how does Verizon differentiate, and how much has it cost in the past for corporate versus personal email? I thought I could come out even with Verizon when my corporate discount applies, but it seems like everything is "a la carte" with Vz.

Which brings up another question - I see they charge $10.00 for navigation. Is there no blackberry turn by turn application that you can use to get around this? Navigation is also included with Sprint.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    32FDC632

Well to me it makes no sense right now to switch from Sprint to Verizon and i'm in no way shape or form being bias because i am a premiere customer who have bin with Sprint for over ten years.What i see is everyone switching to Sprint cause they are the only U.S carrier who chose not to nickel and dime their customers with these new data plans,And on top of everything offer so many things for free and unlimited data including emails.And lately offering such a great lineup of phones and i have always encountered great customer service.Now if coverage and call quality is your beef with them and you know for sure that Verizon will offer you better coverage and better call quality then by all means i will suggest that you do make the switch.Where i live and work Sprint have always work for me and they offer me a 15% discount through work.But if you have ??s i would suggest call customer service and they will answer all your ??s about all the free stuff they offer,Best of luck to you..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts

If I recall correctly, corporate email refers to using your BlackBerry on a BES. That means your phone is configured and gets email directly from your company's BlackBerry server. You can use a personal email account to access POP3 mail (like from mail.cox.com or something), along with IMAP email service from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. That mail goes through RIM's Network Operations Center (NOC) servers on the way to and from your phone.

As for the turn-by-turn navigation, BlackBerry Traffic (free from BlackBerry, BTW) will give you turn-by-turn navigation. No separate charge from Big Red for using this, either. It uses your existing data plan.
    Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3, Z10 and Q10, all on Big Red.
    Nook Color w/CM7.2, iPad2, Nook Color w/CM10.1.3, Dell Venue 8 Pro
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,846 Global Posts

If Sprint's network/CS isn't giving you problems then why switch?