Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carter17
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question about 9930 on VZW and VZ Navigator

Apologies if this question has already been posted: I am considering moving from AT&T (9810) to VZW and acquiring a 9930.

My question: knowing that VZW, unlike AT&T, does not provide data and voice simultaneously - can one make and receive voice calls while using VZ Navigator? I can live without emails and SMS while on voice calls - but calling while sittting in LA traffic using a nav app is critically important.

I could ask a VZW rep this question - but we all know how knowledgeable and honest carrier phone reps are (LOL!)

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Z10 - 10.2.1.2947/2229 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,136 Global Posts

You need to be connected to Wifi for that to happen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    PIN
    3323f8b3

Best thing to do is get telenav works great only costs 9.99 for a year and it works with data or without data with satellites or without satellites at least give it a look
    shemaree09 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,711 Global Posts
    PIN
    Feel free to ask me my PIN via PM

Verizon reps are THE worst. My cousin once took his phone (LG something) is because it wouldn't vibrate...the lady said "Oh you need to install updates on your phone for that" so he gave it to her to do whatever and after about a half hour (everything takes forever in there) of updating she said "huh this isn't working" No crap

Anyway...apologize for the digression. I am sure that if you have a call, you can take the call but then you can just get straight back into the app where you left off. I don't use VZW Nav but that is the case with any other data using app I have used.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

I too have Telenav on my 9930 (only $10/YEAR ) and while using it I still get phone calls, emails and texts.

Dump that expensive VZ Navigator and get Telenav instead.

Buy TeleNav GPS Plus (for OS 6 and 7) - Download TeleNav GPS Plus (for OS 6 and 7) - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you ask

Yeah - y'all using VZNAV now. Telenav dumped ya arses cold.
    Ad Lucem